D1 vs D2 someone make it happen

I wonder what would it take for D1 champion vs D2 champion to play one last game for a heavy weight style title match and win and get like a belt just for bragging rights it just does not seem right when schools so close in talent can't play each other.

Here is why I think this should happen for example last year BC beat Jonesboro by 45 and RS 45ed balmorea, would it not been great to see that RS team play that BC team not taking away the trophy of each team but just so seniors could go out saying we we're the best in Texas that year undisputed.

Interesting thought, but I don't think it would ever happen. Here's why...
The schools were split up because even in 6 man there's large 6 man schools and smaller ones and the larger ones were always winning state for obvious reasons. Larger school=larger talent pool.
If I were the coach of a larger school that won state I'd never want to play the small school that won state.
What's there to win? If you do win, but deal, you should have, that's why there's D1 and D2 to begin with. The only potential reward is for the smaller school if they should win. If they lose, big deal, they should have.
The better solution in my opinion would be a state champ vs state champ (of a different state).

One thing stands in the way...... UIL........... You can debate the pros, cons, what-ifs and everything else but it ain’t going to happen unless the teams decide they would like to take on the biggest, baddest gorilla in the jungle that is Texas High School Sports.

Sixmanfanatic1980":3ckixcsw said:
I would love to see BC and Strawn just saying it would be epic!
I saw the BC game.
Strawn would 45 em.
This years Strawn team was the most complete team ever.

Dogface2":1n5bdrfh said:
Sixmanfanatic1980":1n5bdrfh said:
I saw the BC game.
Strawn would 45 em.

Doggy must have ate some of the shrooms while rolling in the cow piles.

Or maybe he’s doing what he does, stirring the cow piles

oldfat&bald":2iepbszl said:
Dogface2":2iepbszl said:
Sixmanfanatic1980":2iepbszl said:
I saw the BC game.
Strawn would 45 em.

Doggy must have ate some of the shrooms while rolling in the cow piles.

Or maybe he’s doing what he does, stirring the cow piles

Shrooms And cheap tequila?

Nah, Doggy is into the homemade wine. Has anyone done any testing to see how strong a drink a little homemade wine can be? I keep comparing it in my mind to Boonesfarm, but that kinda dates me and shows just how little I know.

No need to have Div 1 and Div 2 champs play. Everyone got what they wanted when the UIL split 6 man into two divisions. Like someone said, they tried it in basketball with the Texas Cup, and that didn't last. In my opinion, as the state champ i'd rather end the year on a victory rather than a loss. Just my opinion.

As was earlier mentioned, one of the big reasons this will never work is because of the Texas Cup. Teams got real tired of winning a State Championship and then losing their last game of the season. I remember in 2004, our team lost to a dominate Lipan team who was one of the best 1A teams I've seen play in a long time. However, they had to turn around and play Morton in the Texas Cup and lost by 13 to Morton. Morton had the Johnson brothers at this time who were 6'3" and 6'10". Kendrick played for Georgia, South Plains, and Abilene Christian over the course of his career. More to my point, LIpan had to end a dominate season on a loss to a school that was much larger than they were.

Edward Golden":1k66sdw2 said:
I would love to see one state champ in all classifications. Even if it means a Div. I vs. Div. II for the Championship.

I don't think that a championship game between the 6A champs and the 2A champs would mean much, unless the 2A team won. The same would be true with games played between D1 and D2 in each classification. And the larger classification would never let the game happen. Everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Throckmorton played an 11-man school by them Reed's last year in a hybrid half sixman and half eleven man game. While it is an interesting idea, the eleven man portion would matter much less since scoring is so much higher in sixman. This gives the eleven man teams a big disadvantage as they could dominate the eleven man portion and lose in terms of to total score because they don't understand six man.

Back