D I District 14 for 2020

WV had a good Jr. High three years ago. If they havn't gotten beaten up too badly as freshmen and sophs, they should be getting pretty good. Seems like they had good size, but maybe a little short on speed. Its been three seasons ago, things could have changed a lot since then. Didn't Irion County play Baird for the outlaw "championship" last season? They should be pretty solid.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this year but more hopeful about next for the WV. Mertzon will be solid but I didn't get a chance to see them last year so I'm going from what I hear. You just never can tell how things will shake out.

While I am in no position to prognosticate effectively, I am rooting for Veribest because of what happened last year.

WV has a large class of boys which will be juniors this coming season. Several have seen playing time on varsity since they were freshman. Eden and Irion County will be solid. Its gonna get interesting come district if everyone stays healthy.

Just a stir the pot thought. One of those good Jr High kids for WV from 3 years ago will now be playing for Eden. How will that work out? Did WV play Eden last year?

Eden has taken three of the last four from the WV but we beat 'em six straight prior to that. They beat us 52-22 last year in Eden.

So, does WV have some boys playing basketball that do not play football? I noticed that your basketball coach was looking to fill some open dates in basketball, one of them was on the Friday of the first week of football playoffs. Being prudent is fine, but it still may be sending the wrong message to your football team.

WV Backer, You have probably seen the DCTF by now and they do indeed have Eden in first, IC in second and WV in third. Do you think that is accurate? Is WV primed to play the upset game?

Congrats to WV on beating Highland. This upcoming game at IC is your typical strong schedule and losing vs your weaker schedule and winning matchup. Last week I would have picked IC easy, but this Highland score coming in has given me serious pause. I just don't know who to pick. So what do some of you guys a little closer to this action think?

Looks like the win over Highland gave Granger's machine pause too!! WV went up 119 points in one week. That is probably getting close the most ever. IC is picked over WV by 0. If the game is really that close, it should be a sure fire barn burner!

I reckon Mertzon was overrated a bit but, yeah, the WV looked pretty good last night. Hard to judge how good the Wildcats really are because we pretty much got wore out by some really good teams (BC and Westbrook) then looked good against a couple of overrated teams. I guess the game with Eden will probably be for district (not overlooking Veribest and Paint Rock, just saying probably) and to see who gets to dodge May in the first round.

I've got to be honest with you Blue Bird, they both looked spectacularly inept at stopping the WV running game. I was genuinely surprised at how the WV handled both teams. That said, I'm guessing Eden is the better team but either one will be no more than a speed bump for May in the first round.

Back