CTK vs. PCA

Who do you think will win: CTK or PCA?

• CTK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PCA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I cannot see PCS upsetting you guys, though I will say that they will not quit and their size can be problamatic. If you guys look past them to us they will give you some problems.

If Plainveiw DOES miraculously win, that would present kind of a problem, wouldn't it? Because then each team would have a 1-1 District record. :p I guess it would come down to defensive points allowed, in which case Plainview wouldn't make it into the playoffs anyway, unless they shutout CTK by about a billion points.

So basically....It doesn't matter, because CTK and WCA are going to be the playoff teams anyway.

It would depend on the district rules (if any). Most districts that have rules have a cap on point differentials ... we have a 21 point cap in our district (that means a 70-0 win only gives you a 21 point win for tiebreaker purposes).

In fact, last year in D2-4, we had a three-way tie for first place: Heritage, Lifegate and Town East.

Lifegate beat Town East 60-21; got 21 points for the tiebreaker
Heritage beat Lifegate 30-16; got 14 points for the tiebreaker
Town East beat Heritage 38-34 (I think) and got 4 points for the tiebreaker.

So, Heritage is +10, Lifegate +7, and Town East -17 and that determined playoff position.

In our district the tie breaker is point differential. If CTK defeats PCA. Then we (WCS) must defeat CTK by more than 13 points to win district. CTK must play PCA again in the final game of the season. SHould PCA win then of course we will be district champs. Really though it seems that it will come down to October 26th in Wichita Falls where we will basically have to win by more than 13. Yes, both schools will make the playoffs then, however only one can be district champ. Looking at the brackets I believe both schools can win round 1 in the playoffs since our district does not recieve a bye. However, round 2 will be very difficult for both teams as they will face either Dallas Covenant or Glennview.

but for the record...I am pulling for the Eagles! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW! Thats a lot closer than I would have imagined! Great job PCS...Samauri, why was this game so close. Did you guys struggle with their size?

Well, the main thing that really helped us is that we figured out how to stop alot of their big runs. We shifted in to a 4-2 defense and we had some key stops on defense. Then on offense, our spread was really hurting CTK. At one point the score was 28-26, and we werer rolling. However, they made us punt and on of our guys audibled for a fake, well it didnt work and they were within 20yds to score because we didnt kick it away. After that TD things just kinda fell apart. For abit there I actually thought we had 'em. All in all both teams played well. We made some bad mistakes that really cost us the game. Live and learn I guess.

Back