Crazy night of football

Goonesfarm

Six-man fan
So much drama in games tonight ...

Reading a chat room and saw that Leakey's opponent broke out in a fight before the game, getting the QB tossed, so the coach picked up the ball and walked off.

Listening to the Rankin/GC game...Rankin wins and they blare their horn pretty consistently, as GC has done in the past, and a GC fan cusses out the radio guys while on the air.

The Wellman coach, in Ackerly tonight, kept making his player do up-downs for their penalties....during the game...then, he gets a personal foul thrown on him for over reacting, and decided to do up-downs himself...which got him ejected. So he jumps in the bus and pulls it up to the fence to try to watch the rest of the game....it didn't work.

Was it a full moon?

I don’t know how Rankin’s coach didn’t go ballistic. I have never seen such lopsided officiating in all my days. And somebody get the man working the air horn on the Devils side a case of beer! Classy, meh not so much, deserved, yes.

Devils_Messenger":1evkpppe said:
I don’t know how Rankin’s coach didn’t go ballistic. I have never seen such lopsided officiating in all my days. And somebody get the man working the air horn on the Devils side a case of beer! Classy, meh not so much, deserved, yes.

From what it sounded like, it was pretty one-sided...and that whole scene was a bit ironic.

Goonesfarm":mg0g7fyl said:
Devils_Messenger":mg0g7fyl said:

From what it sounded like, it was pretty one-sided...and that whole scene was a bit ironic.

To top it off, GC had the Devils scheduled for homecoming, mess with the bull ya get the horns( air horns in this case). I’m not saying every single penalty of Rankin’s was wrong, but without the horrendous flags thrown against them, this game is more like 60-20 or around those numbers. I believe it was 3 or 4 TDs called back. Rankin was up by 30 points at one point I believe before the 2nd quarter was over.

No no no.
Nothing happened at Leakey before the game. And no QBs were involved.
It started about six minutes into the game when two players squared off near the Leakey sideline. One OLH and two Leakey players were ejected.
The OLH coach felt that wasn’t fair so loaded up his “Ladies” and headed back to the “Hills”. ):

BE":3h5pfmr4 said:
No no no.
Nothing happened at Leakey before the game. And no QBs were involved.
It started about six minutes into the game when two players squared off near the Leakey sideline. One OLH and two Leakey players were ejected.
The OLH coach felt that wasn’t fair so loaded up his “Ladies” and headed back to the “Hills”. ):

Like I said, that's how it was put in the chat...but your story makes it even crazier!

How abo in Milford where the kicker an X-ray point and at fist said no good.
After the refs talked they sad good.
At halftime the officials took the pons off the board and said it wasn’t good.
You would think t would be pretty easy to judge a kick good or not.

Welcome to high school officiating on the 6 man level. Most on that level are there because they are very inexperienced. It’s an across the board problem on this level. Just not enough competent officials for this level and the pay is minimum so you get what’s assigned and go with the flow. Would bet the majority never played game on any level but it is what it is!

A similar incident happened a few years ago at RS, except the one who stormed the pressbox was the coach of the opposing team. And he wasn't interested as much in cussing as he was in wanting to fight the radio guys. His man on the headphones had told him after the game was finishing up that the RS radio guys were biased and we're celebrating on the air. The old door to the booth was not salvageable after he kicked it in. And the elderly announcer had a heart flair-up following the incident. That was a crazy night too!

obagain":2db3hhbr said:

Would love to see a replay of the kick to determine what happened. My guess is the official observed the ball go directly, or partly, over the upright and first ruled, appropriately, no good. Then another official convinced the crew this made the kick good. Then, at halftime, they confirmed it is in fact no good if the ball is not completely inside the upright and came back out to correct the score.

obagain":12os0bxq said:
I’m really hoping that this is a result of auto correct and not an indication of the effectiveness of our schools...........

obagain":1f5f1b6y said:

Uh...you drunk at 10:00 in the morning? Just asking.

Back