Covington

Well Well Well I Guess it has happened again. I dont know what happened but something must be wrong there in Covington if Coaches keep coming and going. I agree with you Hootie the Owls should have a good year but I dont know what will be the main reasoning for this will it be because the team is that good or just the teams they will play will be down. This will be a great year to play in this district for any old average team. I hate to say this but I feel like Aquilla will be finishing in the bottom of the pack this year and Covington finishing as the best worst team or second in the district. It should be interesting I hope the kids in Covington stick it out as they are the ones being done wrong. Again not sure what the deal is but hopefully things will work out for those guys as it should be for the kids in this instance it sure is late to make a change but maybe they will be ok. As far as Riley I dont know what he brings but he will benefit from playing a good schedule (weak). as always it will be interesting. My pick is Blum then Covington with Covington not making out of first round and Blum going 2 or three deep.

So now the Owls have a full staff and if they all don't stay there for years and years Coach Ware deserves an apology. JMHO. Good luck Owls!

Have you folks filled your openings? I called several times and was told you might have, but there was a plan B in case plan A didn't work out. Never heard back.

I am in Evant searching for a job....didn't want me here. Might have had another job but it was too far to drive. Time is short and I feel like a six year old with a mouth full of Pepto Bismol.

Dogface2":2r4v7v5c said:
coachsatcher":2r4v7v5c said:
Everyone would love for a head coach to move into the community and become so invested that leaving is an impossibility. It doesn't happen as much anymore. You can go into a school district that had 8 wins, combined, in a five year period and work your tail off to invest your time and energy in changing the mentality and accept winning as a possibility. Your first year you have a winning record and you're a wonderful human being. Your second year, you have an even better year, and actually become ranked in the top 20 for the first time in 40 years. All of the sudden, winning, and doing it with character, is no longer the goal of the community. Winning at all cost, especially if there son is playing, has become the expectation. You only win a game by 28, but all 18 kids got to play; and you have parents waiting for you in the parking lot, or screaming at you, while they sit next to your 7 year old son. I see people often write that coaches get paid, and they understand the negatives that come with coaching before they took the job. Funny, they forget we have a choice in our employer as well. Why be somewhere and be miserable and put your family through the nightly rituals of biting their tongues while their father/husband gets blasted for holding athletes responsible for sportsmanship and morals. We're not perfect , but most of us have perfect intentions. I have always said, when I take a job, that I will stay as long as my message doesn't fall on deaf ears (or an extenuating circumstance happens). When it's time to move on, it's better to give someone else a chance to lead the program and find somewhere that your message is fresh and needed. Remember, we ridicule coaches who have long-passed their glory days and have just squatted on a job, because the administration doesn't have the heart to let them go. When it's time - it's time. Finally, Covington had the option of holding Coach Ware to his contract. They chose to allow him to leave.
This is where we need a picture
of a hammer hitting a nail on the head.
clip-art-of-a-cute-moodie-character-hitting-a-nail-on-the-head-by-johnny-sajem-574.jpg

Edward Golden":1c4yhl8d said:
I think he is free to leave when he wants.....As coaches you would not be upset if your starting QB quit the day before your playoff game...

I guess what you are inferring is that there is no 45 day rule for starting QBs like there is for Coaches?

I am just saying it is a hard situation both ways. You cannot blame a person for doing what is right for his family, but on the same token you have to feel for the kids at the school where the coach left.

I personally have been on both sides of this situation. My first job out of college was at the Gap. When school ended they asked if I was staying? I told them yes unless something opened at Gordon when my ex-coach wanted me to come work with him. Sorry to say the opening occurred about 2 weeks before the beginning of 2 of days. They had no hard feelings about me leaving because I had told them up front and I had no control over the opening. I am happy to say I retired from Gordon ISD on May 31 and met my wife here. So I am sure I made the right decision for me but still felt bad for the kids.

Back