Conroe Cougars 7-0?

Cougar1414

Six-man fan
Any feedback on Conroe pretty impressive that they are undefeated but not sure if they have played and strong opponents. I know they dodged a bullet paying San Marcos when they had a number of players out. Not sure if they will be tested till playoffs looks like a weak district that they are in.

Caught one of their games. They beat the teams they played but I'm not confident they are a State team.
They are a big team but speed will be their doom.

They have another team in the district that is undefeated in Baytown Christian so I wouldn't say it's a weak district.

I caught a game of theirs and they have some speed. A good defense too. Should be an interesting match up for the district crown.

It's definitely going to be an interesting matchup between Baytown and Conroe. Sixmanfootball has Conroe's AOR at 268.57, and Baytown's at 257.95. Conroe and Baytown are both putting up similar numbers for their offense, but their defense is where it differs. Baytown has held their opponents to only 24 points.. Thats averaging only 3.428 points allowed per game. Conroe has given up 162 points which is averaging 23.142 points allowed per game. So the question is this: Baytown seemingly has the better defense, but are their defensive numbers a result of a 10 digit weaker AOR?

It would be a great game to go see for sure. There is a possibility that this game could end up like Longview Trinity vs. FW Covenent Classical in 2014 when they were both undefeated putting up similar offensive numbers, and then they played each other and Longview Trinity ended 45'ing FWCC.

I saw the score on baytown vs San Antonio Lutheran this past week and Lutheran did not score a point. I would like to see breakdown on yardage allowed on that game but I do not see any stats on max preps.
Looking at Lutheran schedule they put up 24 on a solid bulverde team so hard to say but I think baytowns defense may be the real deal. Regardless giving up 24 point in 6-7 games is pretty solid. I would like to see where that lines up with uil teams. Have any UIL teams allowed under 24 points?
The one game that sticks out for Conroe is the San Marcos game. I heard they had several players out that game but I have no idea if they were studs or not. Regardless it was a solid win for Conroe. Their defense may be suspect as they gave up 51 to brazosport in what looked to be a tight game for the 1st half of play. Max preps has the quarter to quarter breakdown.
We know baytown can score, but Can Conroe score on baytown? That will be the question in that game.

QB, to answer your question about UIL schools and points allowed........ after scrolling through the scores, I came up with 27 points allowed by Richland Springs this season.. there may be others with fewer allowed but my old eyes prohibit me from further investigation........

That's pretty strong then regardless of who your playing.
24 points in 7 games
Conroes offense will be under heavy fire

I saw Baytown play vs Orange and their defense is crazy. Lots of confusing schemes and a very well coached team. I don't see Conroe giving them any trouble

Conroe base on the record appears to be a solid team this year, but they will not be able to run with Waco Live Oak, Lifegate, Alpha, Baytown, Bracken, or a heathy San Marcos Team. I believe all teams mention will 45 them easily. They do have a solid running back in #6 who was an Olympic hopeful in men's gymnastics, but I don't think his best floor routine would be able to help him in the teams mention above. #facepaintdoesntwinfootballgames.

I second that 4_2D.

Conroe has much to hang it's hat on this year but defeating Baytown won't be one of them.

Baytown has consecutive district championship seasons and looks on par for a 3rd. I believe they haven't lost a district game since 2013...quite impressive.

My prediction is 45 point win for Baytown.

Again, that's based off a sample size of two games and some stats.

In regards to points per game New Braunfels Christian has given up 25 points per game. I have seen the condo vs San Marcos game and San Marcos had 3 studs out plus they did not have the transfer spread back yet. I was at the New Braunfels San Marcos game on Friday and I will tell you San Marcos only negative is their defense obviously giving up 75 to NBCA however NBCA offense I would put up against anyone else's offense in the state. They have averaged 67 points a game.

San Marcos will be a force in the playoffs!!!
I think the reason for so many injuries is they play hard. They have not lost a game in which #10 has suited up. That shows his impact on the team.

Wildcat16":38a61nvf said:
In regards to points per game New Braunfels Christian has given up 25 points per game. I have seen the condo vs San Marcos game and San Marcos had 3 studs out plus they did not have the transfer spread back yet. I was at the New Braunfels San Marcos game on Friday and I will tell you San Marcos only negative is their defense obviously giving up 75 to NBCA however NBCA offense I would put up against anyone else's offense in the state. They have averaged 67 points a game.

Wildcat I believe Baytowns points are the total for the year and not per game. They have surrendered 24 points in 7 games which is a little over 3 points per game. Still a very solid defense for NBCA. Maybe the high powered offense of NBCA against the solid defense of baytown would make for an exciting game. Unfortunately the way the brackets are set up I don't think it's possible. Baytown is a smaller school as NBCA would be classified as a larger school.

Should be some talk about this game!
Both teams come into this game 8-0.
This should be a battle for the district title as Conroe has already beat Brazosport.
Line is Conroe by 7
Thoughts fellas?

Should be an exciting game to start off with.

Conroe: Big team. Lots of bodies to put in. #6 is the team, without him they don't score and they would be 3-5 withot him. Defense isn't very physical but they do make tackles. Only going off of two games but this is what I got out of it.

Baytown: Fast. Fast. Fast. Defense. Defense. Defense.
A big back that scored all the touchdowns that game. It will be a challenge for #6 a.k.a. Conroe offense.

If he can keep Conroe in it then the game will be tight but then again I see that Baytown defense holding him to a marginal impact and that big back of Baytown scoring on every drive.

Baytown takes this one. Claims a 3rd straight district crown. Wish both teams the best of luck come playoffs.

Back