Congratulations Richland Springs

Not being familar with the exact rules, but wasn't RS coming onto the field before the clock expired?
Yeah, the little ROTC group was on the field but they are going to be there early and not late. It's a military thing called "Hurry up and wait!"

As a veteran I wasn't offended by the RS entrance being fashionable late! I thought it was exactly what it was and that was a intimidation move!

OBW, Motley looked really good warming up. Their drills were crisp, the boys showed some speed and athleticism. I was thinking to myself we might have a good ball game in store! Well that theory went out the window about midway thru the 1st quarter!

Freelancer, there was no way to notice what they were doing because they were in the locker room. How do you know what they were doing? It seems to be that there are alot of RS people admitting that the late entrance was a deliberate move on the part of RS. Of course, goober has made a much bigger deal of this than need be...I was just asking if it was true. Looks like alot of people from RS are a little embarrassed about being called on the carpet or they wouldn't have reacted so nasty...I must have hit a nerve.

The pre-game itinerary which is set by the U.I. of L. called for
- Motley County to exit their Dressing Room at 10 minutes prior to kickoff, which they did!
and
- Richland Springs to exit their dressing Room at 5 minutes prior to kickoff, which they did!

End of subject, that is a FACT!
And how do I know that?
I had the a copy of the full pre-game itinerary in my hand!
Which included to the minute items like....
> the ceremonially coin toss
> Visitors School Song
> Home School Song
> National Anthem
> Moment of Silence
> ect, ect, ect, ect...........

West Texas Sixmaner":34jmly8f said:
Freelancer, there was no way to notice what they were doing because they were in the locker room. How do you know what they were doing? It seems to be that there are alot of RS people admitting that the late entrance was a deliberate move on the part of RS. Of course, goober has made a much bigger deal of this than need be...I was just asking if it was true. Looks like alot of people from RS are a little embarrassed about being called on the carpet or they wouldn't have reacted so nasty...I must have hit a nerve.
Ummmm...
Coming out of the locker room
and
coming onto the field
are 2 diff. things.
They did say a little prayer
before they went through their little
plastic banner thingy.
I could see them from my seat.

Soooooo... how bout them Cowboys????

West Texas Sixmaner":guxa2h9p said:
Sorry goober, I would directly respond to you, but can't figure out what you are saying through all that hick drivel. Apparently, it is an intentional thing by RS to delay the game...according to some of the responses on this site as well as people who are actually from RS. They told me it is a mind game to psych out the opponent. I just thought it was classless to do this for those reasons. I also thought, as did MANY of the people around me that it was disrespectful to the flag and crowd. However, I definately do not blame the boys for this...they have no say in things such as this.

Richland Springs does not intentionally delay the game and would never show disrespect
toward our flag, troops, crowd, or anybody.
We were given an itinerary and followed it to the "T" as Bill O'Reilly already mentioned.
I don't know who made the itinerary, but it was odd that we were still in the locker room
during the playing of the school songs.
However, we were on the field for the National Anthem.
Neither the boys or the coaches had any say in the pregame itinerary.

Coach Brand":2mja2422 said:
West Texas Sixmaner":2mja2422 said:
Sorry goober, I would directly respond to you, but can't figure out what you are saying through all that hick drivel. Apparently, it is an intentional thing by RS to delay the game...according to some of the responses on this site as well as people who are actually from RS. They told me it is a mind game to psych out the opponent. I just thought it was classless to do this for those reasons. I also thought, as did MANY of the people around me that it was disrespectful to the flag and crowd. However, I definately do not blame the boys for this...they have no say in things such as this.

Richland Springs does not intentionally delay the game and would never show disrespect
toward our flag, troops, crowd, or anybody.
We were given an itinerary and followed it to the "T" as Bill O'Reilly already mentioned.
I don't know who made the itinerary, but it was odd that we were still in the locker room
during the playing of the school songs.
However, we were on the field for the National Anthem.
Neither the boys or the coaches had any say in the pregame itinerary.

Looks to me that should end this discussion.

Thanks coach, sorry you got pulled into this but there will always be those that can't accept that a team could possibly be better than their team and looks to try to knock them down with innuendo and baseless statements. Congratulations to the RS team and their fans, a class act.

Since RS is on such a roll...
I have been wracking my brain
to try to figure out a way to say
that maybe Coach B
should get on that show
"The Biggest Loser"
and win that quarter million dollars,
without it sounding weird or taken wrong.
But I can't.
Any ideas?

(The guy who won last night is a football coach
at a school that hasn't been half as successful as RS.)
jus sayin'

Dogface":658s02nz said:
Since RS is on such a roll...
I have been wracking my brain
to try to figure out a way to say
that maybe Coach B
should get on that show
"The Biggest Loser"
and win that quarter million dollars,
without it sounding weird or taken wrong.
But I can't.
Any ideas?

(The guy who won last night is a football coach
at a school that hasn't been half as successful as RS.)
jus sayin'
Only problem with that scenario is Jerry don't like to lose..................... at anything.............. so you gotta lose to win on that "show".

Back