Coaching Openings - 2017 Coaching Carousal

Comes a time in all our lives when we get to retire. I hope to live that long. Maybe that's all it is. No need for negative speculation. Where's the love?

Sounds to me like a punk kid benchwarmer or a parent of one. If you're not on the inside, you dont understand. If you are on the inside, you just cant explain.

Chris Kuykendall
Oakwood ISD

All to often people speak without thinking. Coaches come and go at the whim of upset parents and fans who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I agree with the answer if you are not doing something positive to fix the problem then you are a part of it. Bashing folks has never been a good solution. I have coached now for 13 years after a 20 year Navy career. It amazes me at how quickly people in sports will turn ugly and throw folks under the bus. I don't know who you are ebass or care, but I do know you need to check your value system. Coaches roll with the punches. Sometimes we leave because we upset a V.I.P, sometimes we just don't have the talent to win and that is our job to win, sometimes we just want a change of scenery. I have coached a lot of different sports in a lot of different towns and for the most part I love it. The six-man community is probably one of the best places to be unless you end up in a place where everybody on the sidelines thinks they can do your job better. I never lost a game in the bleachers. It is a lot different when you are on the sidelines. EBASS don't get your feelings hurt, but try and hear what your preaching. It is negative and has no place outside your community. You may feel that way, but do not speak for every kid. If your kids are not respecting the coach that may be a reflection at home. My mother always taught us to respect our coaches and teachers and that has served me well in life. It is a lesson more folks need today more than ever. I hope Cranfills Gap finds the right coach, but more importantly I hope you understand winning is fun, but character and integrity are life lessons. I know a lot of coaches that don't always win, but they are great people. As I get older I am more grateful than ever that my coaches and teachers are the folks I respect the most. They opened up so many doors for me. I did not always like the running and lifting and long hours of practice, but I always knew they were doing it to make me a better person. That is the real essence of coaching. Good luck to your coach. He is probably going to a better place since you won't be there.

Coach Chunn
Winona HS

All I can say about Coach Doty is that he is a great man. He has gone through some rough times the past couple of years and he finally got to finish out a football season this past year (beating me in the process). He has done a great job over there and no one should sit there and question his character. From what I saw, those kids have the the greatest respect for that man and for what he has done. So for anyone to talk negative about him, might want to look at themselves in the mirror before passing judgement.

Coach Hughes

Hate to say this, but I coached in district with Gap. They usually were short on numbers and facilities were fair. I am sure pay is not like some school, but Coach Doty hung in there for those kids through thick and thin. There are always folks who do not like a coach, but he has been there a long time and done a good job.

I am who I am, if you know you know. If you do not then you probably would not know anyway.

ol' gus":3lvil8cq said:
edbassmaster1":3lvil8cq said:
poor gap kids needed this for a long time..
That's like me sayin'..."bassmaster? Sounds kinda fishy to me".
Jus sayin'.

Why don't we just talk about upcoming openings without any speculation. Next year I'm gonna drive a truck for a while. Maybe mow some grass.

See how easy that was? Now you try.

Johnny South":1a3eukmd said:
So he turned loose of one limb before he had a hold on another.

No Johnny, I had a verbal offer and waited for the board to approve it. I haven't officially resigned from Whitharral yet but I told them my plans so that they could go ahead and post the job. I call it being an honest person.

Whitharral is a great place and has been good to my family.
I'm excited to announce that I have accepted the Head FB job at Gholson! I look forward to being a Wildcat!

Congrats Coach B!! Great hire for Gholson and company. They better hold on because they got a good one.

Coach Johnson
Wichita Christian

Back