Burkhart out at Stanton??

51 Eleven,
In reference to your reckless "Reed is gone" post, there is ZERO truth to that statement. I hope it was just a failed attempt at humor. Nevertheless, I find your comment to be misleading, ignorant, and down-right irresponsible. Be better than that.

Johnny South":3se3eg4l said:
Maybe back to RS?

RS is having a pretty solid year under Tipton and I don't think they want to rock the boat even if it is bringing back Burkhart. Kind of a slap in the face to what those coaches have done this year. Nobody thinks he ends up at SC even if it means taking on a lesser role?

Wonder Dog":3ju38l1p said:
Kramer":3ju38l1p said:
Burkhart will be at Rankin

why would he go to Rankin for an asst position? Unless you know something we don't know?

Unless they are one of those "morally righteous schools," almost ANY sixman team would take Coach Burkhart over their current coach; this is like LeBron James becoming a free agent. Abbott would probably keep Crawford, Borden County would probably keep Richie, and other places with successful coaches who have been there a while. Otherwise, Burkhart can pick his job.

Rankin makes sense because of the high pay and influx of consistent talent compared to the other schools west of the Pecos. I also thought about Calvert; Burkhart beat them consistently with equal and arguably inferior talent.

While it will be interesting to see where he ends up, I do not think the Stanton situation taints him at all. In fact, I worried about his coordinators trying to sink him since he does not possess their level of X's and O's skills in 11-man. Although I doubt he gets another 11-man job, Jerry Bukrhart is the hottest sixman free agent in 2019!

Here’s what I know, Burkhart has seen Richlands talent going down and has tried coming out to west Texas for a while putting his name in the hat for the Garden City Job a time or two when they had opening and a few other schools around the area. He accepted a job at a 6man school last spring and seeing the talent level he dropped them last second without a coach and moved up to Stanton 3A-D2 to try his hand at a bigger school while also getting into west Texas where some of these schools have oil money and pay higher salaries. He came in with the “All In” motto guns a blazing and after starting off 1-6 the athletes had noticed his frustration and starting to unplug and just go through the motions. His son got into an altercation where a boy wanted to fight him so they kicked the kid out of school and Stanton dealt with it how they needed to, the son ran into the same kid outside of school where the kid and his son exchanged words and Burkharts son had a reason to be worried I think with the mix to get out of town they used the excuse that he was being bullied in school although the other student was no longer in the same school, used the excuse to get him to a better school where maybe Burkhart had a chance to coach at. Which makes sense because there is Grady as well as Garden City that are closer to Stanton. Football players have even stated that one time Burkharts wife after a game followed Burkhart into the locker room frustrated with him and the situation of living in Stanton and it not going as planned. So that’s when Burkhart started shopping around for openings, and Rankin with an assistant job opening during the middle of the semester and Stanton frustrated with Burkharts lack of enthusiasm and drive to work with the kids and trying to leave or not go to sporting events at all as the AD so he could go move and watch his son play in Sterling willingly let him out of his contract. Also like I was saying Rankin has a job opening as an assistant, they have new home grown coach that is great guy and coach they’ll keep around, Rankin pays really well, and they have school housing where Burkhart won’t have to go through the worry of buying a house and a good football program where the son can play. I still hear that like Stanton, Rankin will also just be a stepping stone for a year until HC jobs open up next year and he goes looking again. The worry is is that over the last few years Burkhart has toyed with Richland coaches have said that he threatened to leave then said he was staying year after year to get a raise or get attention and left for another 6 man job, didn’t turn out as he had thought then pursued the money that Stanton had to offer, then that went down hill and is going somewhere else which has had schools talking and second guessing whether they even wanted to pursue “legendary coach” Burkhart as he has seemed to be wanted back in Richland by staff and has left as soon as a job starts getting tough or hard or doesn’t live up to his expectations; thing is is there won’t be another school that has an opening that can go on the run like he did at Richland over the last decade and schools have mentioned he’ll just use them as a stepping stone or just stir up unwanted drama at their school for a year then dip out once it doesn’t play out as he wanted.
(All these are facts from local 6 man and 11 man schools alike as well as coaches and staff)

Bobcat, you sound more like a disgruntled Buffalo parent and a town gossip than a person in the know. Your facts look more like fiction to me. I don't think that you know him very well at all, and I believe that your research is flawed.

PS - You actually sound like some coach that he has beat every time he has met you on the field of play.

I've heard this very same thing, he'd end up in Rankin and make an evaluation at years end. Hopefully he finds a good fit somewhere for him and his family.

Johnny South, no sir. I myself went to a six man school and actually have met and been around Coach Burkhart back when I played and I love Burkhart as a person, seems like a very smart and intelligent coach for what I can tell I just figured I’d put the story out there.

PS- I’m not a coach, and I don’t have kids and never played against any of his teams. Just putting the facts out there for people to have an idea of the actual situation as told by coaches and staff.

People defending this are delusional.

You can spin it any way you like, but at the end of the day he quit on the kids and the community of Stanton. Plain and simple.

videojoe":39389d5y said:
51 Eleven,
In reference to your reckless "Reed is gone" post, there is ZERO truth to that statement. I hope it was just a failed attempt at humor. Nevertheless, I find your comment to be misleading, ignorant, and down-right irresponsible. Be better than that.

Rather than humor it was a sarcastic reaction to the rumor and innuendo already spread on another thread, and, yes it was also in relation to past events better left in the past. Yes, I should have kept my sarcasm to myself and not drug Gordon or Coach Reed's name into this mess. I've never been introduced to him but remember his time at Strawn as I lived there then and he taught my daughter. I figured when he came home to Gordon it was to build a long term program and still hope this is still true.
No matter what one thinks of Coach Burkhart, or for that matter Coach Reed, one has to respect the records of both. Apologies to anyone's toes I stepped on.

Bobcat17":qmiridhb said:
Here’s what I know, Burkhart has seen Richlands talent going down and has tried coming out to west Texas for a while putting his name in the hat for the Garden City Job a time or two when they had opening and a few other schools around the area. He accepted a job at a 6man school last spring and seeing the talent level he dropped them last second without a coach and moved up to Stanton 3A-D2 to try his hand at a bigger school while also getting into west Texas where some of these schools have oil money and pay higher salaries. He came in with the “All In” motto guns a blazing and after starting off 1-6 the athletes had noticed his frustration and starting to unplug and just go through the motions. His son got into an altercation where a boy wanted to fight him so they kicked the kid out of school and Stanton dealt with it how they needed to, the son ran into the same kid outside of school where the kid and his son exchanged words and Burkharts son had a reason to be worried I think with the mix to get out of town they used the excuse that he was being bullied in school although the other student was no longer in the same school, used the excuse to get him to a better school where maybe Burkhart had a chance to coach at. Which makes sense because there is Grady as well as Garden City that are closer to Stanton. Football players have even stated that one time Burkharts wife after a game followed Burkhart into the locker room frustrated with him and the situation of living in Stanton and it not going as planned. So that’s when Burkhart started shopping around for openings, and Rankin with an assistant job opening during the middle of the semester and Stanton frustrated with Burkharts lack of enthusiasm and drive to work with the kids and trying to leave or not go to sporting events at all as the AD so he could go move and watch his son play in Sterling willingly let him out of his contract. Also like I was saying Rankin has a job opening as an assistant, they have new home grown coach that is great guy and coach they’ll keep around, Rankin pays really well, and they have school housing where Burkhart won’t have to go through the worry of buying a house and a good football program where the son can play. I still hear that like Stanton, Rankin will also just be a stepping stone for a year until HC jobs open up next year and he goes looking again. The worry is is that over the last few years Burkhart has toyed with Richland coaches have said that he threatened to leave then said he was staying year after year to get a raise or get attention and left for another 6 man job, didn’t turn out as he had thought then pursued the money that Stanton had to offer, then that went down hill and is going somewhere else which has had schools talking and second guessing whether they even wanted to pursue “legendary coach” Burkhart as he has seemed to be wanted back in Richland by staff and has left as soon as a job starts getting tough or hard or doesn’t live up to his expectations; thing is is there won’t be another school that has an opening that can go on the run like he did at Richland over the last decade and schools have mentioned he’ll just use them as a stepping stone or just stir up unwanted drama at their school for a year then dip out once it doesn’t play out as he wanted.
(All these are facts from local 6 man and 11 man schools alike as well as coaches and staff)

This is the best post and likely the most accurate post in this topic, willing to bet it is 90% true. Glad someone said it

Back