buckholts looking for hfb/ad...

Valdeboy, Don't mistake Tom Pagliaro for Coach Michael Pagliaro. Tom was the asst.
I guarantee a Supe. has a big say both ways.
Didn't you start this thread by saying how great things are over there?

uvaldeboy":ojk87p4u said:
in reading this statement "Dutton said "there is no way" Tom Pagliaro would be a coach at Buckholts"

are we to assume that the supt did not choose the new coach or was this a misprint...

just wondering...

Remember, UIL does not allow "volunteer coaches;" all coaches must be full-time employees of the district (although I understand some retired coaches/teachers can work for the schools). Therefore, Tom (the brother) ain't gonna be anywhere near the sidelines.

With an out-of-state hire, I'm sure some local folks will have opportunities as assistant coaches as well as coaching other sports. My guess is that Buckholts is like most sixman schools ... you coach multiple sports (abillity to drive a bus and do laundry is a plus).

And it's not like 4A/5A UIL schools where you have a half-dozen or more assistant coaches. And a bunch of gophers...

Administrative mistakes like this can kill a program. If any average joe can get on google and find all the info on a coach they want. Why, would the administrators and board members charged with hiring quality individuals to lead their young people not do the same. Most school board members have kids in school in one way or another. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to investigate the background of these coaches in the places where they have been. Make a few calls etc.

This is exactly the reason buckholt's is struggling. It will take a very strong minded/willed individual to turn that thing around because everytime those kids see a little light at the end of the tunnel the opening collapses again.

Good luck to Buckholt's high school and I hope they get it right the next time.

I refer back to my post about resumes. Too many of these folks park their John Deeres and look over the applications and say,"Hey, this guy looks good." Yes, things need to be checked, but many times they are not, and there you have it. I agree some hard headed guy needs to set in and turn this around, but I personally know at least one hard headed guy who tried and got the heck out. Maybe it needs more than just one or a couple, BHS has had their problems for a good while.

Back