Broadcasts of State Game - RESTRICTED

1A Football Broadcast Information
This from the UIL web site
Saturday, December 12

The NFHS Network will provide live webcasts of the 2015 UIL Six-Man Football State Championships on December 12 from Shotwell Stadium in Abilene, Texas.

Fans, family and alumni unable to attend the championship games can watch live online with a subscription at http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/associations/uil. The Six-Man Division I Championship Game will begin at noon, with the Six-Man Division II Championships at 3 p.m.

Subscribers can also watch on the go by downloading the NFHS Network app for iPhone and Android devices.
this link for Richland Springs vs Follett: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/d44482c9fd

this link for Crowell vs Abbott: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/553ba1bcf1

When you click see subscriptions options it show 3 price plans
Then you have to set up an account name, email, password and I am sure credit card info. This is for the video stream.

WHAT?
Granger is not going to be in the broadcast booth?
Someone who has never called a six-man game is going to be broadcasting it.
VERY DISAPPOINTED.
I can't make it to the game, but I don't plan on paying to watch and listen to a broadcaster that doesn't know the game.

I have no idea how much they are charging, but I was just offered the job as the color analyst for the NFHS telecast... so hopefully someone will be watching.

I, in general, disagree with the UI of L's decision to leave out the studs of six man broadcasting. Tucker Brown, Sixmania, and Microplex News are the best of the best when it comes to sixman football. We have the knowledge and the experience to broadcast a well informed game, as we have done in the past. This year will be a loss to the sixman world due to the "decisions" of those less informed. Such a loss!!!!!

Shad Kline":1gifgu0v said:
I, in general, disagree with the UI of L's decision to leave out the studs of six man broadcasting. Tucker Brown, Sixmania, and Microplex News are the best of the best when it comes to sixman football. We have the knowledge and the experience to broadcast a well informed game, as we have done in the past. This year will be a loss to the sixman world due to the "decisions" of those less informed. Such a loss!!!!!
The UIL is only concerned with revenue enhancement.....
If it were "for the kids", the residents of four towns (and just a few others) would be in Houston.
If it were "for the fans", a rotation system for those three veteran broadcast groups could be established for an audio broadcast.

I can certainly feel for those folks wanting to watch their team as the rest of the State can on FoxSports...But I guess my questions is....why on earth do the Public Schools in the 6 man community continue to allow their game, lives, sports, be directed by a group of knuckle-heads who certainly seem more interested in the good of the UIL than the best interest of the school districts involved???

While I may be speaking out of turn, several of the smaller Sports assocations (TAIAO, TCAL, TCAF, etc.) are run, managed, and directed by those with a stake in the game....the over riding guidance given is "what is in the best interest of our association teams, their families, and their athletes"....PERIOD....

These groups may not have the option of playing at Jerry World or NRG, but that trade off is made by having the chance for choices to be made in the best interest of the teams actively engaged in 6 Man Football....Not that 6 Man is the ugly step-child that no one wants to deal with...

I am sure that if there were an expressed interest, several of these leagues would be MORE THAN HAPPY to incorporate a Public School division where YOUR 6 MAN program and decisions around your program and community were the focus...Not what some knucklehead was trying to decide what was best for the 5 and 6A programs in the state, and you dealing with the "Trickle down" effect....

Just one guys opinion.....

What a great year it has been for sixman and for us at The Tucker Brown Show. Getting to go watch and broadcast the best of sixman football every week of the season has been awesome. Many miles have been traveled this year between The Tucker Brown Show, Sixman Magazine, Microplex, Sixmania and others to help get sixman the best coverage to date. It is great to have at least one person of sixman knowledge like Granger himself broadcasting the game. But it wasn't my favorite decision by the UIL to restrict broadcasts. Looking forward to next season already!
Sixman fans, God bless and you stay classy.

Back