Broadcasts of State Game - RESTRICTED

Boys 2 Men

11-man fan
The State Championship games are special. I am glad that nfhs.com is webcasting the games and more importantly that they have Granger in the booth broadcasting this year along with another broadcaster that has some six-man experience. That should make it better than ever before.

However I have heard that the UIL is restricting the number of broadcasts of the state games this year. If this is true, I find it very disappointing. Why would they do that? I thought competition was a good thing that makes us all stronger. Last year I know there were multiple broadcasts during each game. The ones I know of were Fox, Micro-Plex, The Tucker Brown Show, Groom ISD and there may have been others.

Six-man football has really been shared with the world in a great way over the past few years with more broadcasting throughout the season via the internet by broadcasters that have played six-man and understand the sport. Several of these broadcasts seamed to be really gaining a full head of steam, but now the door of opportunity has been slammed in their face. Some of these teams have been broadcasting games every week, all season long, but now they can't broadcast the teams (that they broadcasted previously in the season) in the State Championship? What is up with that?

What do you all think?

The UIL website says that the 6man games will be webcast on nfhs.com rather than foxsports. It will televise all the other divisions on foxsports.

Sorry to Tucker Brown Show and the other broadcasters that have followed my Wildcats these last few years.

My guess is UIL seen a dollar saved or earned somehow so they dropped the gavel on the ones that actually try to get the word out about our sport!!

It just falls inline with the Sixman state games not being at Jerrys World this year. We have some freshmen that worked their tails off this year to help get back to the dance and stand on that star in the middle of the field. UIL squashed that dream. Luckily it looks like the weather is going to be in our favor this year. Shotwell is a fine venue, just not in December most years. Coldest I have ever been was there sitting pn the east side watching Throckmorton and GC battle it for the title a number of years ago.. We left at halftime...........

Sad, sad!!!

Just because several of us have the ability to broadcast games doesn't mean we have the right to broadcast whatever game we want. It is a privilege, not a right and I for one am thankful I have had the opportunity to provide the service of bringing games to people who can't be there for whatever reason. I've been at this over 5 years and have logged somewhere between 80-90 games, a lot of them in the playoffs, and do not for one second feel I have a right to cover any game. Boys 2 Men, I fully understand why you are personally up in arms, but I think you might be losing sight of why we provide this service for six-man fans.

SixFan19":3u4h2lri said:
Just because several of us have the ability to broadcast games doesn't mean we have the right to broadcast whatever game we want. It is a privilege, not a right and I for one am thankful I have had the opportunity to provide the service of bringing games to people who can't be there for whatever reason. I've been at this over 5 years and have logged somewhere between 80-90 games, a lot of them in the playoffs, and do not for one second feel I have a right to cover any game. Boys 2 Men, I fully understand why you are personally up in arms, but I think you might be losing sight of why we provide this service for six-man fans.
Love your attitude.
Thanks for your service.

The difference in the broadcast this year and previous years is this!! On foxsports it was free, On nfhsnetwork it requires a paid subscription to watch. Seems like basically pay per view.
Is anyone streaming the audio feed or does it require a subscription?
I wonder how the 11 man fans would feel if the UIL suddenly decided to make their championships pay per view?
Someone mentioned the GC vs Throckmorton game in 2010 and the weather. I remember listening to the game on KVRP out of Haskell, Texas. If the 11 man championships are free on Foxsports why isn't the same courtesy extended to the sixman fans.
I hope that at least the games are broadcast free to the people in the armed forces, many whom are overseas.
If you are a fan of 2A-6A football you get to watch the state games free on fox sports southwest.
If you are a 6 man fan you can stream the video feed (Which at times is is lousy) for a fee.
If anyone knows of a free audio stream of the game, I hope they will post it.
Subscription fees:
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail

bulldoggs8613":jhpneysf said:
The difference in the broadcast this year and previous years is this!! On foxsports it was free, On nfhsnetwork it requires a paid subscription to watch. Seems like basically pay per view.
Is anyone streaming the audio feed or does it require a subscription?
I wonder how the 11 man fans would feel if the UIL suddenly decided to make their championships pay per view?
Someone mentioned the GC vs Throckmorton game in 2010 and the weather. I remember listening to the game on KVRP out of Haskell, Texas. If the 11 man championships are free on Foxsports why isn't the same courtesy extended to the sixman fans.
I hope that at least the games are broadcast free to the people in the armed forces, many whom are overseas.
If you are a fan of 2A-6A football you get to watch the state games free on fox sports southwest.
If you are a 6 man fan you can stream the video feed (Which at times is is lousy) for a fee.
If anyone knows of a free audio stream of the game, I hope they will post it.
Subscription fees:
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail

WAY BAD DEAL FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should bombard the good ole UIL with emails and phone calls!!!!

Doesn't anyone remember bootleg taped concerts? Broadcast from the stands and run & hide if someone hollars at you. 6man is highly mobile after all.

Just to clarify....

I will not be in the broadcast booth. I spoke to one of the guys who will be.

He has never broadcast a six-man game, but has been to some...

The broadcast is available, but you have to sign up for an NFHS account. I have ZERO idea what that means.

As for restricting broadcasting... at most levels you have to designate a 'local' broadcast team. Five places cannot just show up and say they are here to broadcast games, which is what starts to happen in the smaller divisions of HS games. There is limited space.

Also, no games are being played at ATT this year. The bid went to NRG in Houston. Houston has a home game this Sunday, so the six-man games could not be played there this week. The other option was to play Wednesday next week... as the UIL was not going to crowd up their Thursday-Saturday schedule any more.

I signed up for it and it was free. It let me to go to the broadcast page. off course there is nothing on it yet, but made no mention of paid subscription.

But since they are in the pockets of max-preps for state wide scheduling system. I'm not surprised.

Oh yeahhhhhhh.... you would think with the six-man communities State finals coming up next week that their broadcasts would but up towards the top of the list.

nope! you have to drill down to find them....

I am assuming about paying on nfhs. I know that folks had to pay on that site in order to watch the state cross country meet. Hopefully it will be free.

a non six-man guy/someone with little knowledge of what is going on covering the games...uggg...glad Im going to the games and not listening to someone butcher town names, formation names, rules, and constantly referring to the "50 yard line" all the time

Back