Bracket of Champions

6manonly":3b785kvp said:
Not here to argue at all plenty can do that. I think if not just popularity winning it for a team.. reality says it 07 Rs vs 18 McLean no doubt..

That's a tough one man, BC 16, 17, McLean 18 could all be in consideration. I still think 07 RS wins the bracket.

Best team I've seen was Borden County in 2017

Just to name a few...
Trace Richey
Nick Proulx
Morgan Wilson
Easton Edwards
Ben Justice
Zane Allen
Braxton Barnes
Ryan Willborn

14-0

46-0 over Petersburg
60-0 over Veritas
62-0 over Calvert
62-16 over Bryson
58-8 over Nazareth
78-22 over Paducah
60-4 over Klondike
58-0 over Ira
46-0 over Hermleigh
53-0 over O'Donnell
60-0 over Sterling City-bi district
52-0 over Buena Vista - Area
74-24 over Garden City - Reg Semi
70-38 over Happy - Reg Championship
60-22 over Jonesboro- State

BC outscored their opponents
703-134

Only allowed 4 points in district play!

8 total shutouts

45'ed 13 games in a row (14 total included state game) Happy was the only team NOT 45'ed that year, still at 32 point margin.

This was the best team I've ever seen. I've never seen a team score more times on 1st down and create turnovers the way these guys did. They were fun to watch with Trey Richey and Bubba Edwards leading the way!

Goonesfarm":21f2glpc said:
Best team I've seen was Borden County in 2017

Just to name a few...
Trace Richey
Nick Proulx
Morgan Wilson
Easton Edwards
Ben Justice
Zane Allen
Braxton Barnes
Ryan Willborn

14-0

46-0 over Petersburg
60-0 over Veritas
62-0 over Calvert
62-16 over Bryson
58-8 over Nazareth
78-22 over Paducah
60-4 over Klondike
58-0 over Ira
46-0 over Hermleigh
53-0 over O'Donnell
60-0 over Sterling City-bi district
52-0 over Buena Vista - Area
74-24 over Garden City - Reg Semi
70-38 over Happy - Reg Championship
60-22 over Jonesboro- State

BC outscored their opponents
703-134

Only allowed 4 points in district play!

8 total shutouts

45'ed 13 games in a row (14 total included state game) Happy was the only team NOT 45'ed that year, still at 32 point margin.

This was the best team I've ever seen. I've never seen a team score more times on 1st down and create turnovers the way these guys did. They were fun to watch with Trey Richey and Bubba Edwards leading the way!

Well, BC '17 just got a vote when the "matchups" happen. Very impressive. Someone still has to convince me TE's team at RS in 07 wasnt the best. You made great points, thanks for sharing the info. Wish more teams would.

2018 McLean Tigers
15-0

Outscored opponents 888 to 194

8 total shutouts

Only two teams not 45ed but won by 30 plus on other two games.

McLean 51 strawn 18
McLean 74 groom 14
McLean 48 follett 0
McLean 64 lefors 0
McLean 54 happy 0
McLean 62 Plainview Christian 0
McLean 56 whitedeer 8
McLean 60 valley 0
McLean 54 Miami 0
McLean 62 Petersburg 0
McLean 86 aspermont 38
McLean 45 whitedeer 0
McLean 72 Garden city 34
McLean 100 milford 70

They beat both strawn and follett the D2 state teams. Never was behind once in any game.

the 17 Borden team was unreal would give anything to see those two teams play lol.. Its a toss up for me between those two teams because of records dominance and both teams were fast and some of the biggest kids I've seen in sixman.

6manonly":3ocuqc3x said:
2018 McLean Tigers
15-0

8 total shutouts

McLean 51 strawn 18
McLean 74 groom 14
McLean 48 follett 0
McLean 64 lefors 0
McLean 54 happy 0
McLean 56 whitedeer 8
McLean 60 valley 0
McLean 54 Miami 0
McLean 62 Petersburg 0
McLean 86 aspermont 38
McLean 45 whitedeer 0
McLean 72 Garden city 34
McLean 100 milford 70

They beat both strawn and follett the D2 state teams. Never was behind once in any game.

the 17 Borden team was unreal would give anything to see those two teams play lol.. Its a toss up for me between those two teams because of records dominance and both teams were fast and some of the biggest kids I've seen in sixman.

*Even though we are the same person lol... Good point! It's a toss up between those 2 teams. I think it would have to come to strength of schedule imo. Have to do some digging.
*No offense to the other teams in the bracket.

GigemSooners":1hg3gb9u said:
6manonly":1hg3gb9u said:
2018 McLean Tigers
15-0

8 total shutouts

McLean 51 strawn 18
McLean 74 groom 14
McLean 48 follett 0
McLean 64 lefors 0
McLean 54 happy 0
McLean 56 whitedeer 8
McLean 60 valley 0
McLean 54 Miami 0
McLean 62 Petersburg 0
McLean 86 aspermont 38
McLean 45 whitedeer 0
McLean 72 Garden city 34
McLean 100 milford 70

*Even though we are the same person lol... Good point! It's a toss up between those 2 teams. I think it would have to come to strength of schedule imo. Have to do some digging.
*No offense to the other teams in the bracket.

Very true, too bad these two teams are on the same side of the bracket in the challenge.

If my memory serves me right, 8 or 9 of BC's opponents were ranked in the top 10 when they played... I remember Bryson being #4, Naz was #8 I think, Veritas was #1 Private School, of course Ira, GC, Buena Vista, and Sterling City were highly ranked, and Happy may have even been #1 and BC #2 when they met.

My memory isn't the best so I'm sure some of those numbers aren't exact, but close.

So very similar they are.. McLean played
#1 strawn
#2 GC
#3 milford preseason #1
#4 whitedeer twice
#7 follett
#8 balmoreah
# 9 aspermont

So McLean beat strawn 51 to 18 easily. Strawn losses to GC by a beatdown and McLean beat them by 32. Strawn beats Milford by 6 mclean beats them by 30. The bias voting getting in the way of reality lol.. oh wait those matchups dont matter either McLean beat strawn on the field head to head fair and square..

McLean went undefeated, Strawn lost twice. McLean won the head to head matchup. Beat their common opponents easily. This matchup should be a no-brainer. But... I do remember Strawn being banged up early in the season and that Strawn team had serious speed and tons of depth. Would've loved to see a rematch but you gotta give this one to the undefeated '18 champions.

Very true and congrats to them.. They should be very thankful for the small division or they wouldn't have either one of them.. The song they released after playing McLean in 2018 was a huge hit I'll admit it was called Boys among Men.. The virtual trophy means nothing but what happened on the field does. Just like this year The Blum Bobcats made it happen bigtime and in 17 Borden county as well.. strawn could not have beat any if those 3 teams in D1.

Strawn will take their 4 and one is for sure a division 1 state title. We will see how far the tradition goes in Mclean after the Crockett show.

Back