Bordon County,Richland Springs

I am saying that real fans want to see good games from good teams. These two teams have good programs and need to be showcased on one of the biggest stages in Six Man. I go to Hico to watch good games, I don't care if the fans of these schools are rude, crazy, or just bumps on logs. I get my enjoyment from watching good teams compete and you are correct it is NEVER about the fans because the fans DO NOT PLAY THE GAME. I love the generic coach speak from fans like - "hustle", "Run" "ya gotta block sombody", "Tackle him" and my all time favorite "hit sombody" but the reason we all go to watch is because of the teams on the field, if you just had fans inthe seats and no games do you think anyone would show up? NO! So my point is made rabid fans make for an interesting day but inthe end it is stillabout the game on the field.

I agree with you KDUB. I don't have a horse in the race but I love to watch good 6man football. Hico was great. And I did see a few RS fans. They looked almost like normal people.

KDUB-31":1v6qpj91 said:
I am saying that real fans want to see good games from good teams. These two teams have good programs and need to be showcased on one of the biggest stages in Six Man. I go to Hico to watch good games, I don't care if the fans of these schools are rude, crazy, or just bumps on logs. I get my enjoyment from watching good teams compete and you are correct it is NEVER about the fans because the fans DO NOT PLAY THE GAME. I love the generic coach speak from fans like - "hustle", "Run" "ya gotta block sombody", "Tackle him" and my all time favorite "hit sombody" but the reason we all go to watch is because of the teams on the field, if you just had fans inthe seats and no games do you think anyone would show up? NO! So my point is made rabid fans make for an interesting day but inthe end it is stillabout the game on the field.

Sounds like you weren't too impressed with the games on the field this year. Only one game was a 45. Two of the games were less than 10 points. Of the two - one went to OT, and the other was not decided until 16 seconds left in the 4th quarter. I'm not sure how much more excitement one particular school can bring to Hico that could possibly exceed the quality of play that was demonstrated two days ago.

Sounds to me like there is a FAN who wants to see one particular game. But that can't be, can it? I mean you're all about the play on the field. Well...except that it's not the teams YOU want to see. Your own logic has shot a hole in your position.

i only go to see the rbt lee and ft davis game and the borden co and rankin game but those two were very exciting over here in mc camey... lots of tired young men and more old ones along the fence, but as i said exciting football

Yew knowd, I don't knowd if thiz iz true or not, but I done heard that a feller who iz sufferin' from the ED will done strike out at folks he don't even knowd. I mean, he iz strugglin' with thiz very personal issue in hiz life and, well, itz jest easier to lash out than to deal with reality. I mean, thare iz the lil blue pill and the alwayz ready two bathtubs side by side pill, but then thares pride that done gitz in the way. The kind of pride that keeps a feller from lookin' eye to eye at the local pharmacist while that same pharmacist iz winkin' at yew. Upside that, howlin' don't look so bad.

Goob":vbsxhv8p said:
Yew knowd, I don't knowd if thiz iz true or not, but I done heard that a feller who iz sufferin' from the ED will done strike out at folks he don't even knowd. I mean, he iz strugglin' with thiz very personal issue in hiz life and, well, itz jest easier to lash out than to deal with reality. I mean, thare iz the lil blue pill and the alwayz ready two bathtubs side by side pill, but then thares pride that done gitz in the way. The kind of pride that keeps a feller from lookin' eye to eye at the local pharmacist while that same pharmacist iz winkin' at yew. Upside that, howlin' don't look so bad.

Sounds like your story may be a little auto-biographical, Goob. Project much?

Hey Goob, they must put that same like to pee for distance desire in the water in Briscoe County that you have down there. Too bad they don't add any sense of humor in to it in Briscoe County.

oldfat&bald":gwwj67b4 said:
Hey Goob, they must put that same like to pee for distance desire in the water in Briscoe County that you have down there. Too bad they don't add any sense of humor in to it in Briscoe County.

We have a sense of humor. We just don't feel obligated to dumb it down for everyone.

Dear ofb,

Yew knowd, I don't knowd much bout the panhandle, whut exactly iz thare in Dolph Briscoe county? I mean, iz it an oasis on the high plains? Iz the Mensa society headquartered thare? Iz an iPad considered an unmentionable? Iz showin' yur goat at the county show considered a double date? Pleaze inform me.

Goob":1ub2cvo9 said:
Dear ofb,

Yew knowd, I don't knowd much bout the panhandle, whut exactly iz thare in Dolph Briscoe county? I mean, iz it an oasis on the high plains? Iz the Mensa society headquartered thare? Iz an iPad considered an unmentionable? Iz showin' yur goat at the county show considered a double date? Pleaze inform me.

There you go projecting again, Goob. Sad that a 'man' of your supposed stature can be reduced to a regurgitation of bad Larry The Cable Guy jokes. I mean, if that's your bag - knock yourself out. Some of us prefer Ron White, though.

Dear Sicollogist of the High Plains,

Still firin' blanks. Come on, a feller of yur superior everthang can do better than that. I mean, yew knowd best on everthang that thare iz and the best yew can come up with iz sum lame "projection" crap that a college freshman learns in hiz sicollogy 101 class.

Goob":2zvm23le said:
Dear ofb,

Don't be so hard on the folks up in Briscoe County, Goob. Heck, my lineage is from up that way. (My Granpa was born in Gasoline in 1913.) As far as the "friendliness" with the livestock, that must have come into vogue with the UIL setting the place for the state championships a year in advance. Or, when they broke it down into two divisions.

Dear ofb,

Yeah, yew iz rite. That goat deal iz way too overdone. Plus, sum of the greatest people on the planet iz from West Texas. In fact, if yew wuz to a percentage deal on good folks per, West Texas wud prolly win out. Richland ain't reely in West Texas, but we can see it from thare. By the time yew hit Selman Flat on the way to Brady yew iz jest bout in West Texas.

Back