Bordon County,Richland Springs

KDUB-31

11-man fan
I hope next year in Hico we can see Bordon County and Richland Springs playing. These two programs would be exciting to watch.

I couldn't agree more. I don't know why RS won't come and/or won't be asked and I don't want to know. I just know that for the good of the game that needs to get fixed and RS needs to be there!

We just had probably the best Sixman Super Saturday ever, and you guys think it would be better if RS were there? How?

We need to ruin a good day by having a bunch of rabid cedar choppers show up with their used walmart sacks full of baloney sandwiches emitting incoherent, toothless, guttural sounds in support of their beloved coyotes (or whatever scavenger it is they use as a mascot)?

No thanks.

I could care less about any butt whoopin that may or may not be meted out by the RS players. Read my original post again, and show me where I mentioned anything about the actual RS team.

Guys ... there are lots of factors on why certain schools do not travel to certain events, tournaments, etc. And this has nothing to do with Hico, Richland Springs, or Podunk Falls.

Just today, I read on another board that one school district (which I assume is one of those big 4a/5a ones) do not allow ANY sports team to travel beyond 50 miles for a non-district contest. Now folks, I know in six-man that means you'd be sitting home for the first several weeks of the season, but some districts just limit some of that stuff. And some coaches adopt what I call the Al McGuire rule ... the old Marquette buckets coach NEVER scheduled a tough opponent for the first three or four games, choosing (his term) "cupcakes" where he'd get easy wins and fine tune his squad for important games later in the season (and folks, it does depend how you do LATE in the season whether you get to play through December).

From all I heard, a great time was had by all. Enjoy that. It'd be nice to have all these super matchups in week 0 and week 1, but then again those just don't always happen.

WV Backer":35am7tn5 said:
Don't hold back, rainjacktx, get it off your chest. Does that mean you're not a big fan of the RS supporters?

It's not that I'm not a fan. That's like saying I'm not a fan of the patients inhabiting the rubber rooms in Big Spring. I'm sure they're really nice folks - I just don't want to spend a Saturday with them. Or have them parking their 1980 Chrysler K-cars anywhere near my vehicle.

Rainjack, RS does not have a monopoly on rabid fans. Have you by chance seen the video of the Knox City fan's "Shoutout"?
Every school or town has vocal fans. I happen to know that some of RS most vocal fans don't even live in that community.
I think if you wanted to you can find fault with any community.
No, I am not "from" RS.

rainjacktx":i4f9fr7y said:
WV Backer":i4f9fr7y said:
Don't hold back, rainjacktx, get it off your chest. Does that mean you're not a big fan of the RS supporters?

It's not that I'm not a fan. That's like saying I'm not a fan of the patients inhabiting the rubber rooms in Big Spring. I'm sure they're really nice folks - I just don't want to spend a Saturday with them. Or have them parking their 1980 Chrysler K-cars anywhere near my vehicle.
Does that mean you don't want to hang out with me? I have a permanently reserved room at Big Spring. It's really nice. The walls are so soft......

smokeyjoe53":7199tisi said:
Rainjack, RS does not have a monopoly on rabid fans. Have you by chance seen the video of the Knox City fan's "Shoutout"?
Every school or town has vocal fans. I happen to know that some of RS most vocal fans don't even live in that community.
I think if you wanted to you can find fault with any community.
No, I am not "from" RS.

I know it's not hard to find fault with any given community. I'm just picking the low hanging fruit.

WV Backer":155idzs2 said:
Is it that Temperpedic material because my wife is kind of mad at me and... well, I might need a place to stay.
It's memory foam. If you bounce from wall to wall really fast, you can see everywhere you hit. There's no bed, but the floor is wonderful & you can't fall off. :)

Damn, my feelings is hurt. Rainjack wouldn't let me attend his games. I'll have you know that my wife's 83 model K-car is still running great.

well I think that Richland Springs vs. Strawn would have been a far better game than Strawn vs. Calvert. I am just saying both RS and Bordon County have good if not great programs and i for one like to see good programs against good programs. It is not about the fans inthe seats but the teams on the field and i think these two teams NEED to be there.

KDUB-31":zkk46ow5 said:
well I think that Richland Springs vs. Strawn would have been a far better game than Strawn vs. Calvert. I am just saying both RS and Bordon County have good if not great programs and i for one like to see good programs against good programs. It is not about the fans inthe seats but the teams on the field and i think these two teams NEED to be there.

So you're saying that Six Man Super Saturday has nothing to do with the fans at all? That it's only about the players on the field?

Somebody let all their common sense fall out again.

Back