Borden County/Abbott

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
I am surprised that no one has posted about Borden County and Abbott being in the final four for the 1A state baseball championship tournament. I spent some time in my hotel bar this afternoon talking to Muenster fans. They are here for the 2A tournament and will meet Big Sandy for the Championship game tomorrow.

I'm surprised a nice upstanding Garden City boy would venture into a hotel bar............... I could see you on Sixth Street, however.............

smokeyjoe53":zxgvjd0f said:
I'm surprised a nice upstanding Garden City boy would venture into a hotel bar............... I could see you on Sixth Street, however.............
a078.gif

The Abbott/Union Hill game is being broadcast on KHBR 1560am out of Hillsboro. You can also stream it online via KHBR.com

and Union Hill was in the final 4.

Abbott beat Union Hill with a 5 inning no-hitter 12-0 this morning and Borden Co fell to a solid Fayetteville team 8-3.

FYI: Some kids from Fayetteville and Round Top Carmine combine to for the Fayette County Athletic Association to form an Independent 6man football team

Abbott beat Fayetteville this morning 11-7 in an exciting game, that started out as an Abbott rout...was 6-0 then 8-7 after a couple of Fayetteville rallies...the Abbott scored 3 in top of 7th and shutdown Fayetteville in the bottom of 7th for the 11-7 victory

A great game! A critical mental error and throw to first too late started a 6 run inning that proved to be the major difference in the game. Otherwise it would have been down to the wire and maybe extra innings in an already long game. (3 hours).
Hats off to Abbott, their team and fans, a class act as were D'Hanis and the other teams we played during this exciting playoff series.
We only lose one Senior, so we will look forward to next year.
Great experience for kids, parents and fans!

That play you are talking about the Fayeteville short stop throw to first with a force out available at 2nd. He was charging up on a bounding ground ball in front of 2nd, the throw to 1st was his best play, throw to 2nd was a far more difficult play and not a sure bet he'd beat the runner. Unfortunately he sailed the throw wide to 1st. Right decision but bad throw

Many people don't appreciate the mental aspect of the game.
Preparation, anticipation, knowledge of what to do in any given situation and then successfull execution.
But even the "pros" don't get it right all the time.
These are kids in a highly stressful situation and unfortunately, things don't always go the way you planned.
Great Game, Great Season, Great Memories!

Agree both teams did great with the decision making! I have never seen so many good pick off moves to 1st than I did this weekend

Abbott's rally in the top of the 7th and the closing job by Pope in the bottom of the 7th was the difference

Back