(blank) not fielding a team

If their coaches want to coach we have a head coaching job available at Texas Leadership-Arlington! I’m not a football guy (baseball and basketball) and got forced into the head coaching job. We have 10 kids that have been coming out and they have a lot of potential.

SWRaider":e1x31g7s said:
No NCTA? 6-man turf field not getting used...

NCTA (Happy Hill for us "old timers") from what I parent told me, has a bunch basketball kids from Eurasia and Slavic countries and are trying to go the elite prep basketball route. Sort of like Oak Hill Academy or Montverde Academy. I think it's one of the reasons they left TAPPS, kinda like when Allen Academy left during the Dave Bliss years. But I could be wrong.

This big 10 business will be interesting to watch. How much leeway will they have on adjusting their rules to comply with NCAA rules. I can see them being able to give all of their kids an additional year of play but, will the NCAA allow them any more scholarships than what they have right now. If they give them, say, 20 extra scholarships. Then the powers that be will have to give every college in the country an extra 20 scholarships to keep the playing field level. If they don't give any extra scholarships then it will make for a tough recruiting year for the big 10.

Not sad at all. Big 10 officially down, I see the Pac-12 joining soon with the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 piecing together some sort of season. Blue Bird, yes, It will be incredibly difficult for the Big 10 (and any other conference that doesn't play) after this decision. Doesn't seem like OSU, Nebraska, whoever can just join another conference but who knows at this point. Will be interesting to see what transpires over the next few weeks.

I’m the AD at Waco Parkview Christian. We were scheduled to play NCTA. They told me that since they are an international boarding school, they have to take additional caution due to COVID. They didn’t just cancel football, but they cancelled all sports for the 2020-2021 school year. We were playing them in Football, Volleyball, and Basketball and they cancelled all of our scheduled games.

Liability—- general liability policies as issued to sports organizations today do not cover COVID.
In several conversations I’ve had with attorneys on this matter, they stated that private, faith based or any other organizations promoting youth sports are not covered by traditional policies as written today. Public schools are the only ones that have some degree of protection (taxpayers money to pay litigation expenses).
As one said “it is very fertile ground” to be tested by litigation. I told our attorney to try and find a company that will write that kind of coverage for us.

Just saying........

Couple TAPPS teams not fielding teams include Victoria Faith Academy (D2) and San Antonio Lutheran (D1). Both schools were aligned in TAPPS D1/D2 District 5. I think it has been said on here before, but just in case Gainsville Lonestar (D1) and Giddings Lonestar (D1) will not be playing this year due to COVID-19.

San Antonio St. Gerard (D2) and Texas School for The Deaf (D1) are moving to sixman from 11-man. They will now play in TAPPS D1/D2 District 5.

I stand corrected! After being out for a couple of years because of numbers, Harrold is actually going to play this year. I hope they do well and stay healthy as I think they only have 7 players as of the article I read!

Back