Threepeats.

51eleven

Six-man expert
Individual or team.

First, as a team did Fort Hancock or marathon do this years ago?

Individually, TE won 3 state championships but not back to back to back. As he and others call him, Chaka has done that this year with the opportunity for a fourpeat if that all holds together. Something else no one has ever accomplished to my knowledge. Maybe Lehman should comment.

In DI I wonder if Gordon might not have the talent to threepeat. Which is hard to contemplate for a SHS fan, where Coach Reed worked for a year or two under Coach Parham.

Individual or team.

Individually, TE won 3 state championships but not back to back to back. As he and others call him, Chaka has done that this year with the opportunity for a fourpeat if that all holds together. Something else no one has ever accomplished to my knowledge. Maybe Lehman should comment.

In DI I wonder if Gordon might not have the talent to threepeat. Which is hard to contemplate for a SHS fan, where Coach Reed worked for a year or two under Coach Parham.
But GR's fourpeat will not be with the same school, if he had stayed at Strawn that would be the case. The only players that will have that distinction are the freshman players on the 1988 Fort Hancock team.
Only Fort Hancock and Richland Springs have won 3 or more straight championships, Cherokee came close. They lost in 1974 to Marathon 60-58.

Last edited:
No, none of those were with Tippie.
There would (more than likely) have been another Richland Springs three-peat with the Walker Tippie teams if Walker hadn’t blown out his knee in week 10 of his senior year 2017. As it turned out, it was a repeat, which was a great accomplishment in itself, but the elusive 3-peat was not to be.

There would (more than likely) have been another Richland Springs three-peat with the Walker Tippie teams if Walker hadn’t blown out his knee in week 10 of his senior year 2017. As it turned out, it was a repeat, which was a great accomplishment in itself, but the elusive 3-peat was not to be.
I thought he was injured before the 2017 season began. I know he did not play against Happy in the first game at the Jayton Classic.

I never saw Walker play and he was their main man but RS was beaten badly by Milford and Taron Smith 62-16 in that playoff game. I'm sure the game would have been a barn burner with Walker playing but saying RS would have won with him is a bit of a stretch.

I never saw Walker play and he was their main man but RS was beaten badly by Milford and Taron Smith 62-16 in that playoff game. I'm sure the game would have been a barn burner with Walker playing but saying RS would have won with him is a bit of a stretch.
Would have been fun to see Richland Springs with a healthy Walker Tippie. That Milford team lost to a good Strawn 102-71 in the semifinal game.
So even if Richland Springs won a barnburner with Milford they would still have had to deal with Strawn.
Also would have been great to see the 2016 Richland Springs play Calvert with a healthy Ja'Quan Thompson in 2016.
But this topic is threepeats and If GR remains at Benjamin and stays healthy they will be the third team with 3 or more consecutive state championships.

Also would have been great to see the 2016 Richland Springs play Calvert with a healthy Ja'Quan Thompson in 2016.

If I remember correctly, Ja Quan was healthy for most of the game, until he attempted to hurdle a tackler who was coming in low but stood up when he realized what Ja Quan was attempting. Ja Quan was tipped off balance and landed wrong on one leg, thereby spraining his knee. It was all downhill for Coach Cherry’s Trojans from that point.

If I remember correctly, Ja Quan was healthy for most of the game, until he attempted to hurdle a tackler who was coming in low but stood up when he realized what Ja Quan was attempting. Ja Quan was tipped off balance and landed wrong on one leg, thereby spraining his knee. It was all downhill for Coach Cherry’s Trojans from that point.
I remember that team with a healthy Ja'Quan Thompson beat he eventual D1 champion, Borden County 62-60 for their only loss.
I guess i when I started listening to tje audio he was basically one-legged.

Individual or team.

Any freshman that graduated in the 91-92 school year on the 1988 Fort Hancock team would be a fourpeat. Don't know the names of any of the players.
It takes a whole team for a player to be a threepeat or fourpeat.

Back