Big Dance Participants 2017-18

Kramer

11-man fan
Let's start with DII

WEST
Balmorhea
coming out of District 5 is looking for a State Game Repeat (only winning it this time). Coach Jones has several lethal weapons returning. THE HEAVY WEIGHT FROM THE WEST

Valley
These guys just understand it's a next guy up mentality. They continue to lose great players and a Coach and the Patriots continue to WIN.

EAST
Richland Springs
Tippie is by far the ELITE of 6 man, Coach Burkhart will have the D playing with a chip on their shoulders but the QUESTION will be, HOW WILL THE OFFENSE GO IN THE GAMES vs. Milford, vs. Balmorhea.

Milford
The bulldogs have been knocking at the door for sometime, this COULD be the year they get back to the BIG STAR in BIG D.

Strawn
Coach Lee will have a more mature group returning, Look for the hounds to make alot of noise this year.

Don't sleep on these guys: Crowell, Iredell
Over-rated in 2017: Motley County

DI
West
Borden County
This program just continues to be a POWER across the board. They'll be there. All that needs to be typed here.

Happy,
Coach Keith has to figure out a way to get by the 'Yotes. At the moment, The Happy Cowboys are HAPPY to say WE LOST TO THE STATE CHAMPS. Well it's time to GET'ER DONE

East
Union Hill
Coach Mallory has the most explosive player in all of D1 in Gabe Nelson. This is the Reggie Bush of 6 man, I just hope there isn't a house involved like at USC. The U will steam roll all opponents. Book the Jonesboro vs. UH game

Jonesboro,
Coach G finally got over the hump in 2016. The Eagles believe in a tough mentality and the NEXT MAN UP TIME. Jboro will make another great run, but will end when the meet up the the HILL

Zephyr,
If there is ANYONE who can knock off the top 2 in the EAST, its Zephyr. Malloy, Williams, Kason, Nicholas, Gowin, and William will be tough to handle this year.

Abbott,
You can't mention EAST Football and Playoffs without mentioning THE Abbott Panthers. Coach Craword once again will start out slow (vs. Strawn) but come district time, The Panthers will be district champs and making noise once again.

Don't sleep on these guys: May, Avalon, Gordon
Over-rated in 2017: Coolidge, Blum

State Title Game FINAL
DII
Balmorhea - 58
Richland Springs 46

DI
Union Hill 68
Happy 62

New To the Website, but by my name you can tell I'm another one of those crazy milford DieHearts. Coming off of what was one of Milfords best sports years in recent memory, I can say that the town is very excited for the start of the football season. We will have a couple of huge games again this year (Jonesboro, GC, Oakwood) which will prepare the guys for the fight they will be up against in the playoffs, the juggernaut RS. I can say our guys are truly ready to get another chance at the coyotes. Returning a lot of big time players this Milford team will be one of the tougher teams we've seen in the last couple of years.

How can you say that? Richland loses 2 very underrated and unmentioned playmakers on the defensive side of the ball, while Milford and Balmorhea Offenses loses basically nothing.. I do understand Richland will continue to have players step up and progress (like walker tippies little brother and Landon Burkhart) but that most likely won't match what RS would be losing to graduation. Richland Springs will unquestionably be the favorite coming in but maybe not by as wide of a margin as you figure... teams MAY push them this season.

MilfordInsider":2q9walzc said:
How can you say that? Richland loses 2 very underrated and unmentioned playmakers on the defensive side of the ball,.

Richland also loses number 16, who showed his talent in the Don Hardin Texas Bowl a couple of weeks ago, throwing for 2 touchdowns, and running for one against a very talented Private School lineup! Looked to be a good kid who was just overshadowed by the great offensive standouts of the Coyotes last year!
But, as they say, the Coyotes don't rebuild, they just reload!

Back