Best Passer in Six-Man?

The five wide set you refer too is a tricky thing. I have seen 4 wide with a QB under safety and a SB in the backfield. It was a good set too! But only saw it ran once in a game. The qb would give it to the SB and most the time roll out on a curl. The two on the far left ran a fade and a post. The center ran a hook. The other guy on the wide side ran a slant. The SB had to be a passer more then a runner. But I thought of a play I call WideSide Run. Your wide side reciever runs as far downfield and to the closed side i.e. a post and gets the manned up DB to go with him. The other guys run wide open straight downfield. The QB actually takes the snap, pitches to the SB and rolls out to the Wide and now hopefully empty side as the safety should bite on the center. The the SB runs with the QB as a blocker, or throws it to the qb. Should be at least an easy first down play.

Another play is simply what I call MOVE THE MOUNTAIN. Everybody lines up on the wide side, and tight. the QB is under center. he gives it to the QB, gets back side block. Your runningback follows the five blockers, and should be good for 5 at least.

And finally, Center Give. QB takes the snap in the Wide set, The play looks normal, but your QB just hands it back to center. 4 yard play everytime easily.

He's not one of the best all-time, but is having a great season. We don't run the pistol, so there is no thret of him running. And the last two games, we haven't had to throw, because the run was going so well. However, Nathan Rice of Buckholts has put up some very good numbers.

85 for 151.
1498 yds.
23 TD's to 5 Int.

Wow, from those stats thus far it seems like buckholts throws the ball a lot. Haha. I would love to see this young man throw. Is he quick enough to extend plays or y'all do quick passes?

sixmanalum":3j95z41j said:
Wow, from those stats thus far it seems like buckholts throws the ball a lot. Haha. I would love to see this young man throw. Is he quick enough to extend plays or y'all do quick passes?

He has great feet and runs a legit 4.67 in the 40. The only thing that keeps him from throwing more is our running game. We have 1088 yards rushing this season, so we're pretty balanced. If he wasn't such a good passer, I could easily put him at receiver and just throw it deep all the time. At 6"2 with great speed and hands, he's a force to be reckoned with. He moves in and out of the pocket to create time, but takes direct snaps, which limits his ability to run. He's a really good kid too, which makes it all the more easy to brag on him.

He has great feet and runs a legit 4.67 in the 40. The only thing that keeps him from throwing more is our running game. We have 1088 yards rushing this season, so we're pretty balanced. If he wasn't such a good passer, I could easily put him at receiver and just throw it deep all the time. At 6"2 with great speed and hands, he's a force to be reckoned with. He moves in and out of the pocket to create time, but takes direct snaps, which limits his ability to run. He's a really good kid too, which makes it all the more easy to brag on him.

Coach,

This thread is about the GREATEST PASSERS OF ALL TIME, while I am sure that your kid is good, he is nowhere near the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. That designation would be reserved for the kids that have played this game at a very high level, and more than likely won a state championship or two, or three or four.

Gettin' down to brass tacks: (only considering explayers I saw personally)

1. Tyler Earl Ethridge 2004-07(Can't apologize...I am biased) Playing in 13 complete games in 4 years prevented him from passing for 20,000 yards.

2. Lyle Campbell, Gordon Longhorns 1996-99

3. Blayne Batla, Garden City Bearkats 2007-10

4. Josh Thweatt, Panther Creek Panthers 1997-2000

5. Darius Kimberling, Happy Cowboys 2004-07 (threw like a pro, and a super athlete...should have won state in some damn thang)

john brown":28lnxqcc said:

Coach,

This thread is about the GREATEST PASSERS OF ALL TIME, while I am sure that your kid is good, he is nowhere near the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. That designation would be reserved for the kids that have played this game at a very high level, and more than likely won a state championship or two, or three or four.

LOL - Sorry John. I guess I misread the initial post where it said the best quarterback we've seen, past or current. And I guess I shouldn't have been speaking to the originator of this thread when he asked if there were any current teams who throw a lot. Didn't realize this thread was reserved for people who have been around 6man for years or just for QB's who won multiple Championships. This is my first year in 6man and the best "teams" we've played (Jonesboro, Tomball) ran the JBird. Nathan is the best I've "seen" in my brief stint in 6man. Not comparing him to any of the past greats at all, as specified in my original post. We run/throw about 50/50, but run a more traditional spread offense, with a direct snap to the QB. This was exactly what he asked about!

coachsatcher":120o55c0 said:
john brown":120o55c0 said:

Coach,

LOL - Sorry John. I guess I misread the initial post where it said the best quarterback we've seen, past or current. And I guess I shouldn't have been speaking to the originator of this thread when he asked if there were any current teams who throw a lot. Didn't realize this thread was reserved for people who have been around 6man for years or just for QB's who won multiple Championships. This is my first year in 6man and the best "teams" we've played (Jonesboro, Tomball) ran the JBird. Nathan is the best I've "seen" in my brief stint in 6man. Not comparing him to any of the past greats at all, as specified in my original post. We run/throw about 50/50, but run a more traditional spread offense, with a direct snap to the QB. This was exactly what he asked about!
We really should work on getting a like button on this, lol.

Jaime Humphries from Panther Creek. Fast and accurate. I played against him and watched him against other teams.

Mike Diaz from Strawn. I remember watching him get off the bus when we played them in 89. He was about 6' and 190 lbs of I wasn't really impressed. He was all state the previous year though. That guy put the pads on and it was a different story though. Run or throw he was great. Played middle backer on defense. I played center in our spread formation and d-end or middle backer on defense. We must have hit each other 60 times that night. One or the orher of us helped the other up after every play I think.

john brown":fl6br1n0 said:

Coach,

No, John Brown, this thread is about the "Best Passer in Six-Man". The thread title doesn't specify past or present but the author makes it clear in the first posting that it includes both. You are off the mark with your misguided critique.

There is a kid from Woodson, Brady Hibbitts, that's doing good this season.
Through week 5 he was 74 of 116, for 1269 yard, 21 TD passes, and only 4 int's.
But in week 6 he threw for 5 more td's. Kid looks decent.

Happy Hill Farm had a team in 1993 I believe that utilized 5 guys on the line of scrimmage. Straight out of the West Coast systems. Guy named Billy Climer QB'd it. It was an extremely proflific passing offense and they rarely utilized any runs out of it. All timing routes and tough to defend. Reason wasn't so much the system as the guys running it. They had two big and tall receivers and a real quick and accurate snap from center. Climer had a great arm and good mobility, not a ton of speed. Fair size too if I remember. They set all kinds of records that year, if I remember correctly Tommy Wells was campaigning for some national passing record recognition. Only time in sixman I've seen that offense utilized correctly not as a change of pace, etc. A lot of teams running it now can beat you 12 other ways or not beat you at all. And for what it's worth I got a real close look at how good they were, think it was 90-0 at the half, boys could play some defense too. I was on a first year team, with some nutcase coach who thought we should go play them. Turned out he could coach, won a state TCAF title a few years back.

I agree with coach Satcher, Nathan Rice is one of the best quarterbacks I have ever seen. He keeps his cool, is nimble, and what an arm he has.

I am a little late on this conversation but Ropes has had a couple of 2600 yard 50 td QBs and nearly 70% completion rate in the last ten years. Since 2003 they have had 6 QBs in the top 5 in the state and twice they lead the state. I would say they are pretty successful with the passing game.

Not really a big name in six man right now but if started earlier would have made a bigger impact on the six man game...

Dalton Sparks of Waco Methodist Childrens Home .... reason is cause this is his first year at QB(Passer) and has already lead the team with a good stat sheet for him and his team .. but on top of his pinpoint throws he has the speed of a Running Back and can get thru defenders with speed and elusive tactics... his only down fall is his height at 5'9 but i would pick him over any other QB(Passer) in sixman.

Chap_24":x90ir6k7 said:
I am a little late on this conversation but Ropes has had a couple of 2600 yard 50 td QBs and nearly 70% completion rate in the last ten years. Since 2003 they have had 6 QBs in the top 5 in the state and twice they lead the state. I would say they are pretty successful with the passing game.

I think one of em's name was Wilson...or something.

letgoo":31mat1pm said:
Not really a big name in six man right now but if started earlier would have made a bigger impact on the six man game...

Dalton Sparks of Waco Methodist Childrens Home .... reason is cause this is his first year at QB(Passer) and has already lead the team with a good stat sheet for him and his team .. but on top of his pinpoint throws he has the speed of a Running Back and can get thru defenders with speed and elusive tactics... his only down fall is his height at 5'9 but i would pick him over any other QB(Passer) in sixman.

Very similar stats to Nathan Rice, but Nathan is not a running threat, as he takes direct snaps. Tough for me to compare the two, as there were no common opponents played. I'm not going to say either is better, but I would take Rice over any 6-man QB I have seen thus far. Not saying there's no one out there better. I just haven't seen them. The best private schools he's played was Tomball Christian and Bastrop Tribe. Nathan was a combined 32 for 54 for 699 yards, 11 TD's to 2 Int's against these two teams. Against the two best UIL schools he has played (Jonesboro and Calvert), he went a combined 49 for 88 for 606 yards, 6 TD's and 4 Int's. He's only been sacked three times this season and at 6"2, he sees over the defensive line like very few I've seen. Sparks has put up good numbers as well; just my honest opinion, I couldn't take Sparks over Rice without at least a discussion.

Back