Best Passer in Six-Man?

coachsatcher":2mxpkcta said:
letgoo":2mxpkcta said:
Not really a big name in six man right now but if started earlier would have made a bigger impact on the six man game...

Dalton Sparks of Waco Methodist Childrens Home .... reason is cause this is his first year at QB(Passer) and has already lead the team with a good stat sheet for him and his team .. but on top of his pinpoint throws he has the speed of a Running Back and can get thru defenders with speed and elusive tactics... his only down fall is his height at 5'9 but i would pick him over any other QB(Passer) in sixman.

Very similar stats to Nathan Rice, but Nathan is not a running threat, as he takes direct snaps. Tough for me to compare the two, as there were no common opponents played. I'm not going to say either is better, but I would take Rice over any 6-man QB I have seen thus far. Not saying there's no one out there better. I just haven't seen them. The best private schools he's played was Tomball Christian and Bastrop Tribe. Nathan was a combined 32 for 54 for 699 yards, 11 TD's to 2 Int's against these two teams. Against the two best UIL schools he has played (Jonesboro and Calvert), he went a combined 49 for 88 for 606 yards, 6 TD's and 4 Int's. He's only been sacked three times this season and at 6"2, he sees over the defensive line like very few I've seen. Sparks has put up good numbers as well; just my honest opinion, I couldn't take Sparks over Rice without at least a discussion.

throcks QB Bryson Oliver, brother of braxton that was mentoined earlier, looked up his stats and has already thrown for 27 tds this year, and just a junior?

I remember that Wilson kid from Ropes. Taylor Wilson ended his Senior year 156 of 233 for 2607 yards, 43 TDs and only 5 Int. Pretty good numbers. Wonder what he's doing now?

I'm Ol'Grizz and that's my opinion...what's yours?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Col. 3:23

Heard he tried to go play college ball but had thrown his shoulder out in hs so he had to have surgery if he wanted to play. sad deal.

Josh Robertson from Follett was as good of one as I have seen at the 6 man level

Darius also had a cannon and was as gifted of an athelete as there is at this level

I don't really think that levels have anything to do with the ability of the players. From what I understand, Rice had started in a AAAA school, 9th grade, his freshman year, and also started in JV, in a AAA school, his sophomore year before being moved up to varsity. He moved to Buckholts and started his junior and senior year and made all district last year, offense and defense, and district in track. I think I have this right, am pretty sure I do from the research I have done.

Would stats like this qualify a player to be in consideration for Best Passer?
28-1 Record
74% Completion rate
28% TD / Attempt rate
2% INT / Attempt rate
149 Completions
201 Attempts
57 Passing TD's
4 INT
3056 Passing Yards
15 Average Yards / Attempt

I know there are passer's with more raw stats (completions, yards, TD's etc) but does this kind of precision along with the rusults make him a candidate?

Impressive list of passers. Is there a place to find season or career stats for these guys so they can be compared? I would love to see all these guys scompared side by side.

Sorry, guys, I am old and sorry you have to bear with me, but, again, I will say that Nathan Rice of Buckholts is the best passer in six man football. He reminds me very much of Fran Tarkenton, and for many of you, that name will be unknown, but, in my eyes, one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history.

Darius Kimberling played on Happy's varsity squad for at least 6 years. But seriousl - I would like to know, out of all the total points Happy scored in Kimberling's playing days, how many of them Darius either scored or was part of the scoring combination. My memory, which is failing at an every increasing rate, would estimate it to be 90% of the time.

He was an exceptional athlete in every sense of the word.

But the original topic was about the best PASSER in 6-man. Kimberling doesn't qualify to be on that list, IMO.

Tanner Woods from Follett would be the best passer I've seen in 6-Man.

I agree Darius Kimberling was a fantastic athelete & passer. He could make things happen.
Looking at the stats mentioned on the sixman coaches association website - some new names that surface include:
Colby White - Northside
Steve Enriquez - Ft. Davis
Ty Means - Sanderson
Tyler Jackson - Ropes

Nathen Rice's final stats for 2012.
163-277 (59%)
2851 yards
53 TD's
10 INT

Still not saying he's the best of all time, but what a great year for a great kid!

Agreed, coach, and he is the number one passer in Division 1 this year, according to the six man coaches association page. He is a great kid. Now, how are we going to do in basketball, lol?

I wonder why the coaches association has one stat for Rice and Max Prep has another...it has been my experiance that maxprep isn't as reliable...sometimes games are added twice (or they were in the past)

Nevermind...one has the 2 playoff games and the other does not.

Back