Best J-Bird Offense

As long as tight offense is moving the ball they will stay there, any team making it to Jerry's world is good both ways, there's really only been two close games in past ten years

All I do know was when Coach Lee was at Silverton, his defense was amazing… talk about offense all you want but he has continued his defense since he came from Silverton.

And milford still lost that one by 30
Taron was worn out by the championship game. He had lost a step or two. He didn't have that burst that he normally displayed. Milford failed to utilize the big back to slow down McLean's pass rush. Same thing happened to McLean the next season, their main man was obviously worn down some from overuse and Blum spread their offense around and finished the job.

Dewayne Lee is a Terrible x and o guy. Foolish to bring his name up in this topic.
Dewayne is known for makeing front line trench soldiers.
Lots of verbal abuse and lift weights 24/7. The military needs to put a office in Strawn.
Your best coaches today for the J are, no specific order here.
Vance Jones, Mike Reed, Shawn Rogers, Harley Etheridge very sharp O mind, Trey Richey,
What a foolish statement. Coach Dewayne Lee learned it by coaching against Vance Jones in his 1st HC job at Grandfalls-Royalty for I believe three or four years. Granger first met Coach Lee when he invited Coach Jones to dinner for an interview and Jones brought along Lee, somewhere back in the latter 90's.

Taron was worn out by the championship game. He had lost a step or two. He didn't have that burst that he normally displayed. Milford failed to utilize the big back to slow down McLean's pass rush. Same thing happened to McLean the next season, their main man was obviously worn down some from overuse and Blum spread their offense around and finished the job.
🤣

Richland Spring 2016

Grand Falls Royalty 2014

Borden County 2017

Crowell 2014

Spread wins rings too.
Borden County is "Hybrid" which is a different category imo. But Still considered more tight then spread.

GF won State in 2013 not 2014 and mainly run Tight & Hybrid.

Richland Springs has always been Tight...

2014 Crowell Ran a mix of Hybrid and Tight.

Not a Single Team you mentioned ran spread more then 30 %. Do your research before posting please.

This is so typical of spread teams, because they are many times just putting the ball in one players hands all season. Not a bad thing just not always sustainable.

A great coach will know what to do with what he has, he may not like spread but that all that will work, I don't like coaches that are stubborn and stick with tight eye the whole season or j bird because thats what everyone runs and that's what we run when i was in school, playoff schools have every play either tight or spread in their arsenal. I don't see Ira when I google state championships so I guess tight eye doesn't work

Suggests a School with "W" on the Helmet, Red & White Jerseys with an Eagle Mascot.

Just a curious Six-Man fan Sir, from What School Do You Hail?
Never mind, Coach TravisR - Coach Travis Robinson, Katy Faith West.

🤣 Should have "done my research" as per his recent "Posting Directive" ...

Last edited:
Borden County is "Hybrid" which is a different category imo. But Still considered more tight then spread.

GF won State in 2013 not 2014 and mainly run Tight & Hybrid.

Richland Springs has always been Tight...

2014 Crowell Ran a mix of Hybrid and Tight.

Not a Single Team you mentioned ran spread more then 30 %. Do your research before posting please.
You can call it hybrid if you want….

BC ran a shotgun J vs Jonesboro , the typical middle guard and TE were both standing up in WR stances … that’s spread ( IMO).

RS has always run tight? Wasn’t Tyler Ethridge a spread back ? Didn’t Walker Tippie break a state record playing spreadback in the state title game?

Richland beat us in the 2nd round 2016 running spread/tight evenly

2017 they went solely tight (vs us) and we 45d them.

GF played against us in the state title game in 2013*** (They ran spread)

Crowell I’ll have to do more research , I’ve always remembered them for being pass heavy . I assumed spread because that’s what they ran against us .

The post I was replying to said non one in the last 10 years won state running spread and that’s simply not true . If you consider it “Hybrid” I can respect it .

Back