Best J-Bird Offense

You can call it hybrid if you want….

BC ran a shotgun J vs Jonesboro , the typical middle guard and TE were both standing up in WR stances … that’s spread ( IMO).

RS has always run tight? Wasn’t Tyler Ethridge a spread back ? Didn’t Walker Tippie break a state record playing spreadback in the state title game?

Richland beat us in the 2nd round 2016 running spread/tight evenly

2017 they went solely tight (vs us) and we 45d them.

GF played against us in the state title game in 2013*** (They ran spread)

Crowell I’ll have to do more research , I’ve always remembered them for being pass heavy . I assumed spread because that’s what they ran against us .

The post I was replying to said non one in the last 10 years won state running spread and that’s simply not true . If you consider it “Hybrid” I can respect it .
Well done insider!! Only one thing to add. Walker tippee did not break the record at state but he tied Dwayne miles and

Dewayne Lee is a Terrible x and o guy. Foolish to bring his name up in this topic.
Dewayne is known for makeing front line trench soldiers.
Lots of verbal abuse and lift weights 24/7. The military needs to put a office in Strawn.
Your best coaches today for the J are, no specific order here.
Vance Jones, Mike Reed, Shawn Rogers, Harley Etheridge very sharp O mind, Trey Richey,
Played vs Strawn last season. Coach Lee showed me why his teams are always great.. the way they controlled us with tight T with a young rebuilding Strawn team was beautiful to watch from the opposite sideline.. they had a freshman that was balling…. just wish we would’ve won that game on the 1 yard line.. still haven’t gotten over that game.. we were close. Also he loves his kids at Strawn.. if I had a son right now I would love for him to play for Coach Lee!!!!!

Back