Best game to watch this week??

rainjacktx":3tm1p9bv said:
Two games that no one is mentioning:

1. Hermleigh vs. Motley County - Pretty tight point spread from the toy. I haven't seen Hermleigh, but MC will bring the wood. Should be a good game.

2. Lefors vs. Miami - Mainly because of the game's venue, and the potential media attention it could bring to 6-man. It is being played in Amarillo's minor league baseball park - Thunderhead Stadium. If you're in the Amarillo area, and are looking for a game - why not skip Dick Bivins, and walk across the parking lot to Thunderhead Stadium?

I'll take Hermleigh by 5, field goals don't count. Just faith in the coach, win or loose.

Well we're going to take y'all's advice, we're going to drive the extra and catch Jonesboro@Zephyr instead of Rochelle@Santa Anna! We'll catch Santa Anna in a few weeks when they visit Blackwell.

centexfan7":2im22b1f said:
centexfan7":2im22b1f said:
#1 in TCAF, Dallas Inspired Vision vs.#1 in Div. 2 TAPPS, Waco Live Oak.

Game is in Dallas, should be a good one. Both are 3-0. Live Oak is coming off a tough game with Waco Methodist Home, while Inspired Vision doesn't look to have been tested yet this year. I would say this is the best private school game this week.

Slightly off-topic from the original post, but take a look at Waco Live Oak's next three weeks:

@ Dallas Inspired Vision, #1 TCAF
@ Calvert, #2 UIL D. II
@ Blum, #3 UIL D. I

Looks like a great chance for Waco Live Oak to turn some heads and earn some public school respect. The fact that all 3 are on the road will make it that much more impressive if they can go 3-0. Shoot, even going 2-1 would be neat. I will say, Calvert TX on a Friday night is a dang tough place to play. Hopefully that armadillo problem is long-term and LO can get away with a neutral site game.

The Armadillo problem has been resolved. Calvert will be on top of their game for all oppenents who step foot on their turf(or grass).

Go Trojans!!

Going to surprise a lot of people this year!

That Guy Shelton, Calvert is a fixture and one of the better programs in the State. Picked by many including myself to win it all. A surprise to who Coach Shelton?

MLP1108":7k00luca said:
That Guy Shelton, Calvert is a fixture and one of the better programs in the State. Picked by many including myself to win it all. A surprise to who Coach Shelton?

You would be surprised how many doubt the purple and white!!

Weather Delay at the Motley Co vs Hermleigh game until 9:35. Tucker Brown Show just went off the air & said they will come back on @ 9:35.
Hermleigh 38
Motley Co 28
over 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter
Motley Co with the momentum in the 2nd half with 14 unanswered points

What a week of amazing football games.
Lots of close games.
At least 3 games ending early, for other than 45 reasons - Thunderstorm, Power Outage & Coach Joe Riley from Ft. Elliot having a heart attack on the sideline (prayers going up).
Upsets
Games that we expected to be close that ended up not being close.

Shanned 122 - What did you think?

As soon as Rainjacktx or 51eleven put up the "Headscratchers & Jaw Droppers" thread for this week - we will move this conversation there.

Damn am I glad I listened to y'all! Apparently Rochelle thrashed Santa Anna, and that Jonesboro-Zephyr game was better than the 61-34 final indicated. But it went just like RoyalandGold called it, it was actually 28-20 at the half and Jonesboro just poured it on at the end and Zephyr looks more like a power run team that isn't necessarily built for a comeback.

I know I'm new to this but I must say, Jonesboro looks like the real deal. I LOVE their offense, they run kind of this triple option, 6-man version of the Air Force, Navy flexbone thing, it's real fun to watch!

I will continue to listen to y'all's advice!

Our game next Friday is probably going to be Throckmorton @ May....thoughts?

Maybe, in your driving distance. Throck is not as good as in years past, but then neither is May. Could be a good game. If and this is a big if, you could find out if Chase Mackey is going to play for Gordon, then the Gordon and Walnut Springs game could also be a good one. I'm not sure that Gordon can take Walnut without him. If you like high scoring without too much defense then Strawn and Gorman might be your game. It should also be fairly close.

I thought about that game as well. I'll have to do some research and ask opinions I guess, part of what I'm trying to do is watch as many different talented teams, and watch as many competitive games within about an hour of Abilene as possible, I was going to make week 8 Stephenville Faith @ Gorman my Gorman game and judging by the game last night that doesn't seem to bad of a choice!

Back