Aquilla vs Gordon

What is your opinion on this game . I have not heard much about Gordon other than their new hire. I did hear they were bringing a hearse to the game, I guess that is all I need to know?

Kids have been responding well to Coach Reed. Gordon looks to be on an upswing, but we all understand it may take some time. I know the spread is Aquilla by 7 and I hope it is that competitive. Can't tell much from scrimmages in my opinion, as coaches tend not to show too much, but expect Gordon defense to be tuff. Take what you will from it, but against Milford, Jonesboro and May (3 top 10 teams) so far in scrimmages, the varsity has only allowed 4 total scores.

Of the three teams that I watched in a scrimmage, Gordon, Jonesboro and May, Gordon was the only one that I thought was anywhere near to midseason form. This could mean a couple of things: Gordon is going to be a good bit better than I thought they could be going into the season, or Gordon is already pretty near topped out for their ability. Until proven different I think it is the former. The one thing that gives me a little pause on that idea is their stunting on every play on defense. It tells me that the coaching staff is concerned about stopping the other team normally, or physically if you like that term. Other teams that they play will become more adept at blocking stunts the further into the season they go. This could cause problems for Gordon down the road.

Back