Any opinions

granger":1velp4oi said:

biggrin.gif

Anyways.....I thought all coaches were poor. We didn't get into this profession for the money!
Just trying to be the best influence, role model I can be.

Oldman1":2d46ulaw said:
Aquilla past there first test it seems 55 to 7 over Avalon at the half

personally I don't think Aquilla had a test yet. Avalon beat a BAD Rockwall Heritage team by 1 point. bMakes me think Avalon isn't as good as last years team.

Aquilla has beaten
0-4 Covington
0-4 Walnut Springs
0-4 Mt Calm
2-2 Avalon who has beaten Gholson 2-2 and Rockwall Heritage 1-3

I still believe Abbott is the top dog in this district, They've proven it year in and year out. I don't know what happened to Abbott in the Blum game, but if I had to guess, I'm guessing Abbott had key injuries to key players.
Come district time, Abbott will be hitting on all cylinders and go 4-0 during this span

If you want Aquilla to pass a test. This week vs Milford is a test.

can Aquilla stay on the field for 4 qtrs or do they get 45ed, let's be real, we all know Aquilla won't beat Milford but not getting 45ed could go a long ways FOR OPINIONS/RESPECT

Agreed Aquilla has not played high caliber teams but only allowing 13 points on defense in sixman is still impressive and not to mention when they scrimmaged Blum Aquillas first team defense did not allow a single touchdown and yes Friday will be a big big test for them

I'll give my two cents as a Blum fan. Either something went extremely wrong for Abbott on Friday or they're not as good as people think. Blum's whole roster basically consists of freshmen and sophomores and two seniors. Not putting them down but they aren't anything special this season, so to see them beat Abbott by 28 was a huge shock. Watxh out for Blum in two years though. The current group of sophomores are extremely athletic and talented, they just need more experience running coach Thornhill's system and time to mature both mentally and physically. Dylan Vardeman, Coltin Gonzalez and Blain Garza are going to be studs and they also have some decent freshmen coming up too. Back to the subject at hand though, I believe Abbott will recover and make noise in the playoffs like they almost always do.

CleverUsername1":2xlwrroi said:
I'll give my two cents as a Blum fan. Either something went extremely wrong for Abbott on Friday or they're not as good as people think. Blum's whole roster basically consists of freshmen and sophomores and two seniors. Not putting them down but they aren't anything special this season, so to see them beat Abbott by 28 was a huge shock. Watxh out for Blum in two years though. The current group of sophomores are extremely athletic and talented, they just need more experience running coach Thornhill's system and time to mature both mentally and physically. Dylan Vardeman, Coltin Gonzalez and Blain Garza are going to be studs and they also have some decent freshmen coming up too. Back to the subject at hand though, I believe Abbott will recover and make noise in the playoffs like they almost always do.

Coach Thornhill's system? Did you forget where he came from? I believe I will call it coach Crawford's system!!

Hill County":29mi79g1 said:
CleverUsername1":29mi79g1 said:

Coach Thornhill's system? Did you forget where he came from? I believe I will call it coach Crawford's system!!
I mean, same thing applies whatever you want to call it. The point was that those players were used to playing spread offense under coach McFarlin and now they're learning a complete different style of football. If you were implying that Blum won because Thornhill had an advantage because he knows Crawford's strategy inside and out, Crawford should have had the same advantage being that Thornhill's system is almost identical to Abbott's. Plus Abbott's players have been playing smash mouth run it up the gut football since 7th grade. Blum's players are only in year two of this system. This whole conversation is basically pointless though since the game doesn't count for anything and everybody knows Abbott improves as the year goes by. They'll be in playoff form by November.

Aquilla / Abbott will battle it out for the top two spots but Coolidge could sneak up on anyone of them.
Don't know anything about this district other than scores.

Coolidge has played the toughest schedule of anyone in this district but they haven't competed. I do recall every year, people tend to write off Abbott and come playoff time, Abbott is right there in the mix of the EAST race going 3 rounds deep.
True, Abbott may not be the Abbott of past years but I for one wouldn't sleep on them come district time.

5. Gholson
4. Penelope
3. Coolidge
2. Abbott
1. Aquilla

Back