And the award goes to?

Red Baron

11-man fan
Now that football is over for TAPPS Division II, I'd like to hear from coaches and players and fans about who and what their choices are for the following categories:

Best Player:
Best Coach:
Best Team:
Best Comeback:
Best Turnaround:
Best Coaching Staff:

We can call this the 1st Annual TAPPS Division II 6 Man Football Awards (Original I know!) Just trying to keep the threads going! If you can think of any other categories to add , please feel free. God Bless!

First three awards go to Brenham Christian and their team.

Comeback: I guess Fredericksburg Heritage gets that. 3-7 last year to 9-4 and in the semifinals this year.

Turnaround -- would have to think abou that, but maybe Brownwood Victory Life ... was 4th or 5th last year and won the district 1 title this year.

COaching staff: Brenham. Congrats. You guys may need to buy another trophy case just for this year.

Player. Roy Dawson

Come back. Have to be biased. Pine drive was 0-10 last year. We went 10-2 with our 2 losses to the 2 teams that played for the championship.

Matt had it going on at Brenham and they would get my vote for staff.

Pine Drive gets the turn around, hands down. Great job with that program. I watched Brenham play almost the best in DI and DII and would have to say #7 Roy Dawson was the best player in DII. And the staff at Brenham gets the nod for all there hours of prep, practice and execution. Head Coach I would give to Matt T., but he didn't like my window sticker, so I'll say Seguins head coach.

Forgot about Pine Drive. Will go with that choice.

Still, Brenham's staff... 27-1 in two years, with a rookie coach at the helm. Yeah, he had hosses, but there are lots of coaches who have hosses who don't know what to do with them.

Red Baron":37ojmf6b said:
Now that football is over for TAPPS Division II, I'd like to hear from coaches and players and fans about who and what their choices are for the following categories:

Best Player:
Best Coach:
Best Team:
Best Comeback:
Best Turnaround:
Best Coaching Staff:

We can call this the 1st Annual TAPPS Division II 6 Man Football Awards (Original I know!) Just trying to keep the threads going! If you can think of any other categories to add , please feel free. God Bless!

Best Player: Roy Dawson
Best Coach: Tarbutton
Best Team: Brenham
Best comeback: Freddy
Best Turnaround: Heath Fulton
Best Coaching Staff: Brenham

Thats how I see it

Best Player: Dawson
Best Coach: Walter Favors
Best Team: Brenham
Best Turn Around/Comeback: Heath Fulton
Best Coaching Staff: Tyler Street

In my opinion, the state champ doesn't always have the best coaching staff. Nothing against Matt at Brenham. He's a great young coach. Coach Favors lost A LOT of talent this past year. Brenham has a load of talent and deserved to win the title, but I think Coach Favors did more with the talent he had than anyone expected, and played a full game with Brenham when no one expected it. Again, just meaningless talk, but my opinion.

Coach Hargraves

Jerry1104":2lktineo said:
Coach Favors lost A LOT of talent this past year.
So that would make Matt T a genius last year, his rookie year when TS had all the talent that they LOST this year.
Nothing against Coach Favors, I totally agree that he coached a great game against Brenham. TS also gained some talent and experience from Chistway this year.

Very good point, but that was last year. I would agree that Matt would have been considered coach of the year last year. But let's be real here, Brenham had a boat load of talent last year as well. I was speaking on this season.

talking to a friend about basketball, and football came up. Tyler St. lost talent Hunt and the QB 4 Srs. Now last year all State kicker, still in school did not play, last year starting DE, still in school did not play, last year center who roated as a started in school did not play. Picked up two very good players from Christway (a starting Lb an all state player ) pick up a starting QB off last year championship team. Now why did 3 starters on last years team did not play this year? The big lost TS had was Hunt at RB and their big end who could catch anything that they could throw. The other players had no state honors. The coach from Brenham by far out coach every team they play this year. The players he had were well coached.

Astro55":29tlir1r said:
talking to a friend about basketball, and football came up. Tyler St. lost talent Hunt and the QB 4 Srs. Now last year all State kicker, still in school did not play, last year starting DE, still in school did not play, last year center who roated as a started in school did not play. Picked up two very good players from Christway (a starting Lb an all state player ) pick up a starting QB off last year championship team. Now why did 3 starters on last years team did not play this year? The big lost TS had was Hunt at RB and their big end who could catch anything that they could throw. The other players had no state honors. The coach from Brenham by far out coach every team they play this year. The players he had were well coached.

Astro55 (Coach Perthius), u sure do know alot of information about Tyler Street...I would have thought you were one of those TS coaches you were supposedly throwing under the bus.

Back