ALL STATE TEAMS

after winter meeting which may be the first weekend or maybe second of Jan. The other classes have their team done by sports writers and sixman is done by a group. Sixman used to be done by sportswriters but that became a problem because their were only a few sportswriters and not many knew much about sixman.

Doesnt matter they are political awards...will give all the awards to Abbott and Crowell for being the best teams (not necessarily the best players) all the rest will go to the buddies teams. Same thing every year.

The All-State selection board met today. Selections will be out soon. But don't tell their wives who are expecting the boys home on Sunday.

truthhurts04":6rmtrivr said:
Doesnt matter they are political awards...will give all the awards to Abbott and Crowell for being the best teams (not necessarily the best players) all the rest will go to the buddies teams. Same thing every year.
The awards are not necessarily political, but will mostly go the the top teams. In my opinion, Coach of the Year tells more of the story. Like I have said before, there are many, many top players who are stuck on a team of dinks, with a coach that doesn't know "come here from sic 'em". But to get the All State player in the spotlight enough to recognize him, he has to be on a decent team with a decent coach.
Parents, if you have a good athlete and want him to receive the accolades and recognition that he deserves, get him to a school with one of the great coaches. You will regret it if you don't.

HAHA you cant say its not political...look at the coaches that were at the meeting and look at the kids that were selected! Defiantly a correlation!

Wow, that's a lot of representation from Sterling City. Six players overall and three of them sophomores. They should be tough for quite a few years to come.

Not a political process, eh? Then explain to me how Chester, with an undefeated regular season and only loss of the year in the 2nd round to Milford, got 0 kids on the State team, yet Apple Springs had a 2nd teamer and an honorable mention??? No offense to Apple Springs, and I'm not saying they shouldn't have gotten the nod, but Chester had a few athletes that were far superior. If nothing else, the running back, Jutty Vaughn (I believe he was #33), should have gotten some sort of recognition. He was a stud! He had 5 (maybe 6) rushing touchdowns in the Milford game. So if you truly believe that this process is not political, then, my friend, you are kidding yourself.

Whoever told you it was not a political process spoke a falsehood. Ha The process has been varied from a bunch of coaches, to newspaper writers, to few coaches. There have been complaints about all.

That is not Jutty. I know who it is, but he does not want his name outed, He is not a player nor a former player. He is a guy that used to work for us here.

He was voicing his opinion, which I believe is that this forum is about. I am not going to say that we/I was not disappointed that we had no one on the 1st Team All-Region, but that was not in my control. I guess we did not have anyone deserving. That is fine, I guess it speaks to how good our overall team was that 1 kid did not truly stand out.

Congrats to Abbott and Coach Crawford on their success.

Chris Fudge
Chester ISD

Back