ALL STATE TEAMS

Coach Fudge":1g60jv8o said:
That is not Jutty. I know who it is, but he does not want his name outed, He is not a player nor a former player. He is a guy that used to work for us here.

He was voicing his opinion, which I believe is that this forum is about. I am not going to say that we/I was not disappointed that we had no one on the 1st Team All-Region, but that was not in my control. I guess we did not have anyone deserving. That is fine, I guess it speaks to how good our overall team was that 1 kid did not truly stand out.

Congrats to Abbott and Coach Crawford on their success.

Chris Fudge
Chester ISD

Man, if there was a "like" button on this, I'd sure enough press it!

crawford":25w1lj0k said:
Whatever you say Jutty
Stirring the pot a little? If Coach Fudge says it isn't Jutty, I'll accept it as fact.
I was at the Chester/Milford game, and I can tell you, Jutty was deserving of more recognition than he received.

There's no point in arguing the system. The selection process is an imperfect; yet impossible situation to find equity. No way possible for those guys voting to get out and see the players they're voting on. Impossible. So they make their best judgment on the information they have in front of them. I've never been angry with the voting or the voters. But I do understand from a coaches point of view the harsh reality of trying the explain to a 17 year old kid that while he led the state in interceptions and scored 7 defensive TD's, he didn't even get honorable mention. It's harsh, but in an society attempting to make sure everyone gets a ribbon, I find solace in the fact that these players are learning life lessons that will teach them humility far beyond the grass on the field.

coachsatcher":24mb3p9l said:
There's no point in arguing the system. The selection process is an imperfect; yet impossible situation to find equity. No way possible for those guys voting to get out and see the players they're voting on. Impossible. So they make their best judgment on the information they have in front of them. I've never been angry with the voting or the voters. But I do understand from a coaches point of view the harsh reality of trying the explain to a 17 year old kid that while he led the state in interceptions and scored 7 defensive TD's, he didn't even get honorable mention. It's harsh, but in an society attempting to make sure everyone gets a ribbon, I find solace in the fact that these players are learning life lessons that will teach them humility far beyond the grass on the field.

Well said Coach

Back