ACHS / DC Update Anyone?

Congrats to Covenant. Wow! That is a SERIOUSLY good team. Unbelievable speed at several positions. Unfortunately, we didn't show up at all until we were 40 points down. I thought we had gotten that out of our system in week 6. Mistake after mistake early on, and the Knights made us pay dearly for every single one of them, as great teams do. After seeing Covenant tonight, I don't think we could have won even if we'd had our best night all year. What a great team. It would have been nice to go 4 quarters in a closer game at least. But the end result would have been the same. Congrats, Knights!

PS: Anybody know a good advertising agency in Dallas? I may want to run an advertising campaign for Covenant to try to help them double their enrollment. Seems like a really good school that more families should be taking advantage of! LOL

congratulations Knights...not over yet though, one more to go. new state opponent too (4 consecutive state trips, 4 different opponents)

dodad2133":te7pfagh said:
Until somebody beats u. What about the abbot game?

Actually - very good point --- according to 'history' -- Abbott will win state this year based on their win over Dallas Covenant --- since 2009 Covenant has lost a total of 7 games -- note that each & every opponent went on to win state the year they beat Covenant --

2012 Abbott 44 Dallas The Covenant 36 --- State Champ TBD??
2011 Abilene Christian 66 Dallas The Covenant 44 -- Abilene wins TAPPS D1 State
2011 Throckmorton 90 Dallas The Covenant 70 -- Throckmorton goes on to win UIL D1 State
2010 Bulverde Bracken Christian 52 Dallas The Covenant 38 -- Bulverde wins TAPPS D1 State
2010 Garden City 58 Dallas The Covenant 8 -- Garden City goes on to win UIL D1 State
2009 Greenville Christian 72 Dallas The Covenant 40 -- Greenville wins TAPPS D1 State
2009 Greenville Christian 30 Dallas The Covenant 28 -- Greenville goes on to win State

Will history repeat? If so, Abbott will win state and would certainly end the year ranked #1 in the state!

Until somebody beats u. What about the abbot game?

I don't think that rainjacktx is a Covenant fan so you shouldn't say "beats u".

As for the Abbot game, this is the score by quarter:

Q1: Abbot 18 Covenant 0
Q2: Abbot 7 Covenant 14
Q3: Abbot 6 Covenant 8
Q4: Abbot 13 Covenant 14

Covenant had opportunities after the first quarter to win the game but did not do what they had to do so yes, they lost. However, one could argue that they lost the first quarter of their first game and have been pretty good since.

As I said previously in another thread, and as knight fan more accurately says it, since halftime at Hico, DC is the best team in the state.

Shane:

Thanks or the gracious post about Covenant. Many on this board would talk about the external factors that caused their loss. ACS played hard and are worthy of praise for their hard play.

PS: Anybody know a good advertising agency in Dallas? I may want to run an advertising campaign for Covenant to try to help them double their enrollment. Seems like a really good school that more families should be taking advantage of! LOL

Unfortunately, we will grow out of 6 man football in a few years without your advertising. I have said before in another thread that it will be a sad day when we have to go to crowded field. If I could, I would advertise against the school that I love so we could stay in 6 man but the die have already been cast ;-(

NO!! Don't try to hinder the growth!!! LOL

Just kidding! We'll miss having DC's great competition whenever the time comes. I'd rather beat y'all next year than see you go. LOL

Back