6man football states?

Cherry5

11-man fan
Does anyone know all of the states that play six man? I think it's TEXAS, New Mexico, Montana, Colorado, Nebraska, Florida, Louisiana, and Maryland. If there's is anymore I would really like to know.

Another question, does anyone know what states have public 6 man and what states have private school 6 man. I know some states combine the 2.
And also how many teams in each state.

Yes those do.
South Dakota stopped bout 30+ years ago and Louisiana stopped 3 years ago but gave me some team names in Arkansas that he thinks still have teams. Also called a school in Ohio waiting on word and looked and tried to find California but found nothing

You can add to that Ohio, Alabama, North Carolina, Kansas, Wyoming, Missouri, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Utah. They all played at one time, I haven't dug far enough to see if they still do, or the last time they did or at what level.

Wyoming - Wyoming/Nebraska 6 Man shoot out 30 Jun 2012. http://trib.com/sports/high-school/...cle_2f0ef376-3e32-11e1-8e94-0019bb2963f4.html

Ohio - Windham High School and Greenville

North Carolina - Cleveland High School in Shelby, North Carolina, "Bobby Bell, Kansas City Chiefs"

Missouri - Union Star R2, 1960s

Alabama (Lauderdale County) played a short run in the 40s due to WWII.

Colorado - Idalia - references also made to Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah. I haven’t found anything on Utah and Kansas yet other than their mention with Idalia Colorado.

Virginia - For the Marines, in 1953 Hayden Fry (Odessa HS and then Baylor) coached a six man football team (does not make reference to HS or adults) at Quantico while on active duty. Later becoming friends with Al Davis (One time Raiders owner) who was a rival coach in those days.

New Jersey and Pennsylvania - Great Eastern Football Association (Adult 6 man football League) which has teams from both states.

Running total: Texas, New Mexico, Montana, Colorado, Nebraska, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, South Dakota, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, California, North Carolina, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Utah, Virginia, New Jersey and Wyoming.

Oh I forgot one detail. The NJ/PA league is 6 man, however the field they use is 50 yds long and 30yds wide. Im still reading on it. haha

Thats cool, actually I have only found 4 states conducting 6 Man at the moment, but Im still looking. Texas, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wyoming.

Also, It appears that the Greater Eastern Football Association in PA switched to 8 man in 2010. Thanks U-tube. haha

If you are talking about All States that have ever played six-man, I am fairly sure all interior 48 States have had schools that played at one point...mostly between 1935-1950s

CT6MFL":34uxz97v said:
Thats cool, actually I have only found 4 states conducting 6 Man at the moment, but Im still looking. Texas, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wyoming.

Also, It appears that the Greater Eastern Football Association in PA switched to 8 man in 2010. Thanks U-tube. haha

Colorado also has some 6-man schools (I spent the day yesterday with a coach from Colorado who came to our Clinic in Seguin), and I believe there is a small league of Christian Schools in Alabama (about 6-8 schools) playing six-man, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Alabama's Christian Football Association does have a 6-man division that started last season. Currently fields 7 teams.

I think the Cherry5 mentioned Florida as well in the opening thread, which has 33 6-man schools, all private.

Also, I know it was an a simple oversight, but don't forget about Montana on your 6-man state list.

Back