6 Man players to play in college and/or pros

planejumper2

11-man fan
Not sure if anyone else is interested, but I have always wanted to see a list of the players that made it to the next level. There's been some amazing talent through the years & scouts aren't necessarily swarming to this amazing version of the game. There are many, however, who have been able to step on the collegiate gridiron. I do believe there are some relative household names that would be on this list. If you know of those that did, it would be cool to see who they are, their school & years.

James Hanna the cowboys tight end that retired last year because of injury played six man football his freshman and sophomore year in high school, before moving to 11 man.

Vander Esch played 8 man football in high school.

Kennon ward if I didn't spell his name wrong. He played 6man not sure what team as a freshman then he played 11man for snyder tx and then played texas tech

Tracy Hightower,Terran Carter,Stanley Cook,DeMarcus McGruder,Derek Williamson. I may be missing some... All from Milford played college football

Chris Polk and Kolby Burns- football ... Aaron Whitaker and Zack Barrientos- basketball.... all played sports at the college level.. all from Duncanville Christway Academy ... 2009 Tapps D2 6man State champions head coach Jerry Hargraves and Tapps 1a State semifinalist in basketball in 2010- Head Coach Josh Johnson who is now AD Head football/basketball coach at Wichita Christian School in Wichita Falls, Texas !!

God bless,

Coach Davis
Dallas Lutheran

6manfootball2213":1dc2yqnf said:
Kennon ward if I didn't spell his name wrong. He played 6man not sure what team as a freshman then he played 11man for snyder tx and then played texas tech

He played for his Uncle, Wayne Ware, at a Christian School in Dickinson (Houston area) before his dear Uncle encouraged him to play for Synder HS, where his family lived. Wayne told me once that, in the summer before his senior year, he spent the summer with Wayne in the Houston area and thought about playing 6 man again. Wayne set him straight on that pretty fast.

This goes back a few years (maybe around 2006), but Robert Ramsey, who was one heck of an athlete for Fredericksburg Heritage (and who I jokingly refer to as the reason Tim Shipman became a good coach) played college ball for four years at Wheaton College in Illinois, which is a pretty solid D3 program. I think he played D line in college and I'm guessing he's deep in medical school in the footsteps of his dear father (who I used to call on in pharmaceutical sales back in the 80s before Robert was a twinkle in his daddy's eyes).

Back