6-man final fours

Uncle Rico, you should call up my cousin and place a few wagers on football this weekend. You called the result of the Veritas vs Lutheran game within a score. Nice work.

headspeed":1lbulpaa said:
Uncle Rico, you should call up my cousin and place a few wagers on football this weekend. You called the result of the Veritas vs Lutheran game within a score. Nice work.

That's right. Knew Veritas would get the job done. Veritas vs Gainesville should be an interesting state game. I'm starting to question how TAPPS makes their brackets. To me it seems like Veritas and Emery are the top. 2 teams in D1, yet they played in the quarterfinals...

I was only able to catch a little of the audio broadcast of the lutheran vs veritas game. Anyone wanna give any insight on what happened? How did Veritas take down the defending state champs? @lionsbacker I'm sure you were there, what did you see?

This veritas squad was very underrated going into the Lutheran game. They have some serious depth and had a game plan to shut down one of the top players in TAPPS. I think they take home the trophy come Thursday. Veritas by 20

Old76er":3swbj75t said:
This veritas squad was very underrated going into the Lutheran game. They have some serious depth and had a game plan to shut down one of the top players in TAPPS. I think they take home the trophy come Thursday. Veritas by 20

Many of these Veritas boys have been in the system for five, six or even seven years. Their hard work and a good game plan in all three phases, executed with confidence and passion, gave them a chance to win against another great team in Dallas Lutheran.

I’ll echo what several have said above - excepting a few hotheaded moments, the boys on both sides displayed sportsmanship and respect that can be rare when you’re playing high stakes playoff football. Compliments to the coaching staffs and families for making Christ a part of how they’ve raised these young men.

As far as TAPPS bracketology, it’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a black box. I think geography trumps any nod to seeding the top teams. I’ve always told my son that to be the best you’ve got to beat the best along the way, so which round that happens shouldn’t matter that much. A little idealistic, I know.

Finally, to Lionsbacker, that was an amazing postgame post. Thank you for your kind words, respect and for knowing and edifying our boys. I’m in the same stage as you are with my son. Honestly, I’m glad he won’t be subjected to the physical brutality and risk of the game after Thursday, but at the same time, coaching him for seven years and watching him grow in ability, confidence while having some postseason success has been a blessing to me that I can’t adequately describe in words alone. Best of luck to your boy at Baylor and beyond!

No enigma on TAPPS' part, in my opinion.

Districts are established based on geography, obviously.

Division III is the most balanced in that all of the quarterfinal matchups could put a district champion vs. a district runnerup. And that's because there are four districts.

Division I and Division II with just three districts gets a little wonky.
Division I had:
D1-1 gets the winner of a pair of third-place teams
D2-1 vs. 2nd place team from District 3 (this turned out to be Veritas vs. Emery)
D3-1 gets the third place team of a district
D1-2 and D2-2 are slotted to go against each other.

Division II had the same structure.

People look to TAPPS to develop a level of consistency and this does it. The teams know going in what they have to do to position themselves the best. If you have TAPPS trying to engineer the best "so-called" matchups then it gets accused of playing favorites.

Jon Walk

I think it should be noted that Austin Veritas is making it's fourth straight TAPPS sixman state championship game appearance. In 2015 they were division II champs, 2016 division I champs, 2017 division I state runner-up, and 2018 TBD. This is truly a remarkable accomplishment. They are a tough team to play year in and out. They play fundamentally sound football. The coaches prepare their players well.

Coach Adams":pt7i78ld said:
I think it should be noted that Austin Veritas is making it's fourth straight TAPPS sixman state championship game appearance. In 2015 they were division II champs, 2016 division I champs, 2017 division I state runner-up, and 2018 TBD. This is truly a remarkable accomplishment. They are a tough team to play year in and out. They play fundamentally sound football. The coaches prepare their players well.

Thanks Coach Adams. During their 4 years in high school football, this year’s seniors won 4 district championships (Never lost a district game) and had 4 straight State Championship appearances. Pretty good run I’d say!

Veritas showed to be the same Veritas they have always been! Great team with some great coaches!! They came in with a great game plan and never stopped even when hit with a little adversity! To me big games such as semi finals and State fall back on the coaching ,winning and losing. Hats off to Veritas coaching staff , you all have done some great things over there! Looking forward to the tie breaker next season!! Good luck in state!!! Coach Schup

Taking a look at the spreads this week.
Veritas vs Gainesville- no spread on this one but Veritas is playing at an elite level right now and I am not sure that Gainesville can keep up. Veritas by 20
Bracken vs Huntsville- Bracken has been on top all year and see nothing to stop it this week. That being said I said that huntsville team has no quit in them. I think they can keep it close as both teams are primarily running teams and that can take some time off the clock in a hurry. Bracken by 12
Baytown vs Weatherford- Baytown has been solid all year. Taking a look at strength of schedule, Weatherford has only played 1 team in the top 100.Wylie prep. Have they been tested? They do have a powerful running game. Baytown by 30

Thoughts fellas?

Bracken vs. Alpha Omega
B - Presley Day, 32 yard run (Wyatt Shipley XP blocked by Zachary Taylor) 2/41 7:56
B - Lucas McCrum, 45 yard run (Wyatt Shipley XP good) 3/62 5:27
B - Travis Wolf 47 yard pass to Aiden Cantu (Wyatt Shipley XP good) 2/50 9:50
B - Aiden Cantu 36 yard fumble return (Wyatt Shipley XP short) 8:18
B - Travis Wolf 55 yard pass to Lucas McCrum (Wyatt Shipley XP good) 4/44 5:22
B - Presley Day, 16 yard run (Wyatt Shipley XP good) 2/24 4:15
B - Presley Day, 74 yard run 1/74 4:55

Lone Star North vs. Veritas
G - Jesus H. 18 yard pass to Dedric S. (Ivan S. XP good) 4/28 6:52
V - Austin Turner 39 yard interception return (Austin Turner XP good) 4:40
V - Austin Turner 34 yard field goal 3/6 3:40
G - Dedric S. 78 yard run (Ivan S. XP wide left) 1/78 0:32
G - Damondre W. 50 yard run (Ivan S. XP good) 1/50 3:55
V - Cormac Warner 5 yard run (Austin Turner XP good) 5/47 2:13

V - John Carter 10 yard pass to Austin Turner (Austin Turner XP good) 7/47 7:03
V - John Carter 40 yard pass to Austin Turner (Austin Turner XP wide left) 3/46 4:49
V - Briggs Ellyson 5 yard run (Austin Turner XP wide right) 2/12 2:26
V - John Carter 17 yard pass to Austin Turner (Austin Turner XP wide right) 1/17 8:58
G - Dedric S. 2 yard run (Ivan S. XP good) 8/60 6:54
V - Cormac Warner 11 yard run (Austin Turner XP good) 7/51 4:02
V - Briggs Ellyson 1 yard run (Austin Turner XP no good) 4/15 0:55
G - Jesus H. 12 yard pass to Kejuan M. (Ivan S. XP good) 1/12 0:39

Baytown vs. Weatherford
B - Jordan Luke, 1 yard run (Jordan Luke XP no good) 4/50 8:21
W - Manning Marsh, 8 yard run (David Tice XP good) 5/44 5:26
W - Manning Marsh, 16 yard run (David Tice XP short) 3/34 1:14
B - Jordan Luke, 2 yard run (Jordan Luke XP good) 4/35 0:00
W - Manning Marsh, 1 yard run (David Tice XP good) 6/50 7:39
B - Jordan Luke, 2 yard run (Jordan Luke XP good) 8/45 4:53
B - Treyvian Williams, 3 yard run (Jordan Luke XP good) 7/73 1:57
W - Jackson Floyd, 8 yard run (David Tice XP blocked) 8/60 0:10

B - Richard Washington 7 yard pass to Treyvian Williams (Jordan Luke XP good) 8/45 2:56
B - Jordan Luke, 3 yard run (Jordan Luke run) 8/70 4:14
B - Bryce Gillum, 7 yard run (Jordan Luke pass incomplete) 1/7 2:58
W - Manning Marsh, 11 yard run (David Tice XP no good) 4/48 1:49

Back