#3 Blum vs. #2 Crowell

Bc and Happy will be a good game. But Ira and Crowell both just have to much fire power both Ira and Crowell would 45 either one of those teams.

I mean no disrespect at all to Strawn's team. They're a very good team this year. But it would be a miracle if they made it past halftime against Crowell this year. Again, nothing against Strawn. They're very good. Crowell is just VERY, VERY good.

Ira is probably the only team that might go 4 quarters with Crowell. Crowell has enough speed and size to stop Morris a few times. Nobody will stop him every time. That's for sure. He's fun to watch. But I'd pick Crowell over Ira if/when they meet this year. That would probably be the only loss for Ira, regardless of who they face in all the other games.

Shane":2jwkbqiv said:
I mean no disrespect at all to Strawn's team. They're a very good team this year. But it would be a miracle if they made it past halftime against Crowell this year. Again, nothing against Strawn. They're very good. Crowell is just VERY, VERY good.

Ira is probably the only team that might go 4 quarters with Crowell. Crowell has enough speed and size to stop Morris a few times. Nobody will stop him every time. That's for sure. He's fun to watch. But I'd pick Crowell over Ira if/when they meet this year. That would probably be the only loss for Ira, regardless of who they face in all the other games.

Ira has to get over their choke-itis before they will ever be considered as a real contender - in my book at least. And let's face it, my book is all that really matters.

.[/quote]And let's face it, my book is all that really matters.[/quote]
Ahhhh, there's the RJ we know and............ yeah there's the RJ we know........

rainjacktx" Ira has to get over their choke-itis before they will ever be considered as a real contender - in my book at least. And let's face it said:
If what a read is true, how is the number one team in the state not a contender?

Shane":il3c9w04 said:

What do you mean no disrespect? I thought you were a RS fan. Why are you dissing the Hounds at this point?

smokeyjoe53":3o8x7bjd said:
And let's face it, my book is all that really matters.[/quote]
Ahhhh, there's the RJ we know and............ yeah there's the RJ we know........[/quote]

If only Goob was here.

I too attended this one sided game.

My opinion i took after the game was
1. Crowell has an identity, which is physical offensive football. They lined up in a tight T set and swept it.
then they went to spread with 14 and he ran our threw. They knew what they were doing.

2. As for Blum, they tried to finesse their way to a victory.
Meaning they would spread sweep one way with a shovel pass forward to a slot or split reciever within 5 yards. That will work vs. the teams in the EAST but there will be 5 teams in the west that will shut that down.
Blum needs to get a PHYSCIAL IDENTITY, such as lining up in some form of tight set and LEARNING TO SMASH THE BALL DOWN someones throat like the Crowells, Ira's, Borden County's, .... Pretty much the top 10 of the WEST does.

Blum had athletes, but I didn't see alot of muscle tone to them like the Crowell kids had.

Like I've always said, PHYSICAL 6 MAN FOOTBALL PLAYERS will ALWAYS beat Athletic kids.

My message to BLUM coach is..... Get those athletic boys in a weight room and you need to learn a physical TIGHT offense before the state game

51eleven":36sgp0tm said:
What do you mean no disrespect? I thought you were a RS fan. Why are you dissing the Hounds at this point?

huh?? You're obviously confused about who I'm a fan of and what I'm talking about. LOL

Shane":1fs7jld6 said:
51eleven":1fs7jld6 said:

huh?? You're obviously confused about who I'm a fan of and what I'm talking about. LOL

Your right. Do I get a second chance? Seems you posted before as a Coach or maybe just fan like me, of ACHS. That SHS 45'd. Still sounded like dissin' the Hounds to me.

51eleven":32msfi5u said:
Shane":32msfi5u said:
51eleven":32msfi5u said:

Your right. Do I get a second chance? Seems you posted before as a Coach or maybe just fan like me, of ACHS. That SHS 45'd. Still sounded like dissin' the Hounds to me.

I've never posted as a coach. I'm not one. I'm a dad and a fan and the guy that takes pictures on the sidelines at all our games. If you ever want to meet me, that's how you can figure out who I am. I'm always glad to meet folks from this site, so holler at me next time. :)

I didn't say anything disrespectful about Strawn - at least I sure didn't intend it that way. Strawn has a really good team that 45ed us this year - 88-36 early in the 4th quarter with our starting QB (my son) out with an injury. Crowell beat us 72-6 at halftime. (QB injured in 1st quarter by a big hit - not dirty at all, just a big hit.) Crowell could have scored 100 by half if they'd wanted to. We had 4 starters and 2 others out when we played Ira, so we weren't able to do much. They took it very easy on us (48-0 at half). They could have easily scored 100 if they'd wanted to as well, but with all the injuries it was hard to tell how we'd do if we had everybody healthy. There's no way we would have lasted past half time against Ira, even if we'd had everyone healthy. But we probably could have been strong enough to at least get to see the full force of what they have - which is obviously a lot. I did appreciate them taking it easy on us though. LOL

Strawn would definitely beat most teams in the state this year. They're very good, and their top 10 ranking is well-deserved. But I just don't think that they would come close to hanging with Crowell. That's not a slam against Strawn at all. Crowell is just that good. I'm not taking anything at all away from Strawn by talking about how good Crowell is this year. If you took it that way, I apologize. But that's not at all the way I meant it. Strawn has a very good team, and their players and coaches (and fans) showed great sportsmanship in the game, as usual.

But like I said before....I feel sorry for everybody that has to play Crowell this year. LOL

I'm just glad we're through with our predistrict schedule this year. It was brutal. We have a buy this week, and then district starts next week. It looks like we'll finally have all our starters back for that game against Covenant. Hopefully we'll step it up in district, because we have not done well at all so far this year.

51eleven,
Go back and read some of Shane's posts, he's not like that. Matter of fact, I've never heard of him bashing anyone or any team since he's been posting on this board.

Thanks, guys. And 51eleven, don't sweat it, brother. It's hard to get what somebody is really trying to say when all you have to go by is a typed post on the internet. If we were talking in person, I'm sure I could do a better job getting the point across.

Back