#3 Blum vs. #2 Crowell

sixmanimal":hlzleatw said:
Thoughts and predictions?

Blum averaging 91/ppg and giving up 40/ppg

Crowell averaging 67/ppg and giving up 10/ppg

State Championship Caliber game!!!!!!!!! Go Bobcats!!! Always love a good underdog win!!

I really can't see this game being close. Blum hasn't quite played the schedule Crowell has granted they did play Abbott but I can see this game going one of two ways Blum getting 45ed or getting beat by 30 either way a huge margin of victory for Crowell. Blum will not be able to contain Crowells players no matter if it's 14, 42, 1 or even 6 this team is SR. heavy and well coached look for Crowell to be in the Semifinal game Undefeated.

Crowell by 45 they are looking to make a statement. #14 is a player the best in six man as of right now. Crowell is hungry for back to back championships.

I don't know about a game for the ages but it ought to be pretty good. I know Blum is a very good team and can score with anyone but I think Crowell will be too much for them. Crowell by 32.

I watched them when they played Paducah and for a minute Paducah gave them a good little game. What hurt Paducah was they had all their defensive backs covering one receiver and leaving two wide open! You can't do that against Crowell's 14 he'll eat you up all day like that. I'd like to say the game would of been closer if they would of all just covered their man but who knows? What I'm trying to say is if you have a good pass coverage you have a chance to maybe win. 14 for Crowell can do it all but what I've seen of him he gets started by throwing first and then kills you with the run. Maybe if you take the throw away from him you might have a better chance of containing him. In all if Blum has good pass coverage and some speed I don't think this game will be a blowout. I think it will be a high scoring game with Crowell on top 72-64

luckyleroy":2o2102kv said:
Blum

Enough said
Caprock kid":2o2102kv said:
I really can't see this game being close. Blum hasn't quite played the schedule Crowell has granted they did play Abbott but I can see this game going one of two ways Blum getting 45ed or getting beat by 30 either way a huge margin of victory for Crowell. Blum will not be able to contain Crowells players no matter if it's 14, 42, 1 or even 6 this team is SR. heavy and well coached look for Crowell to be in the Semifinal game Undefeated.

Caprock kid":3usg756r said:
Funny thing is, Crowell hasn't played anyone either except for Paducah and they are a Division 2. Every other team Crowell has played is 0-4 to this point in the season.

I see Blum and Crowell being a great matchup. Hard to say that Blum hasnt played anyone with haven beaten water valley and abbott. i would take those two over Paducah and Abilene Christian this year any day. I do see this game being close but like always one thing can swing a game from 6 to 25 points at anytime. I do think the experience of Crowell should prevail but Blum can put points up so who knows i know either way it will be a good one. Just to throw out a score ill say Crowell 72-60.

Both need a good challenge and it will help them down the road. Too many good teams have few challenges in their district until they get to the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they find weaknesses they hadn't seen before.

BigFan1377":1r18i5ls said:
I see Blum and Crowell being a great matchup. Hard to say that Blum hasnt played anyone with haven beaten water valley and abbott. i would take those two over Paducah and Abilene Christian this year any day. I do see this game being close but like always one thing can swing a game from 6 to 25 points at anytime. I do think the experience of Crowell should prevail but Blum can put points up so who knows i know either way it will be a good one. Just to throw out a score ill say Crowell 72-60.

I say both Crowell and Blum have only played one tough opponent a piece. Paducah is a quality opponent and definitely better than Water Valley. Abbott is always a solid team year in and year out. So you really can't go by a schedule point of view. Like I said before it's all going to come down to can you stop Crowell's 14 from passing!

Little Doc":hper8l7g said:
Both need a good challenge and it will help them down the road. Too many good teams have few challenges in their district until they get to the playoffs. Then all of a sudden they find weaknesses they hadn't seen before.
I love how a game that means nothing to either team (other than seeing how well they match up to one another) gets all the fans and who's who in sixman football talking and building up the game. Crowell is a very good football team but Blum isn't a push over by any means. I expect this to be a very close game. GO BOBCATS...

Bcpowder":6fkhgqio said:
Caprock kid":6fkhgqio said:
Funny thing is, Crowell hasn't played anyone either except for Paducah and they are a Division 2. Every other team Crowell has played is 0-4 to this point in the season.

Blum has played WV who played Anton who WV only beat by 3. Crowell only allowed 8 points in that game against Anton. Blum only beat WV by 16 then they played Abbott and had a poor game on def they were lucky Abbott played worse on def. Still all things considered Crowell should put a beating on the #3 ranked Blum.

This game should mean something to both teams. Should mean having pride in your team and town.

Schwarzenegger":17j34lgi said:
I say both Crowell and Blum have only played one tough opponent a piece. Paducah is a quality opponent and definitely better than Water Valley.
Get out to many Water Valley games Schwarzenegger? Just wondering because you sound pretty sure of yourself there. I reckon everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how it sounds.

I'd figure you would take that to heart. I'm just talking bout this years team but last years water valley team was a different story. You have to be real with yourself though wv isn't the team they were last year.

i agree about the score outlook but Blum is pretty tough still. I do think that the biggest thing for blum is the fact they can put some speed on the field they scored like 5 times on kickoffs i believe against abbott and i dont think that crowell will allow that to happen so that alone will keep some points off the board and in the long run make it difficult for both teams to score in the 80's but i could def see either scoring in the 70's and 60's so close game we shall see

Back