2016 Playoff Scenarios

CT6MFL":1qn1dlad said:
I hope RS and Calvert play in Moody this year. It was nice seeing them Duke it out so close to home.

:)

How bout Hico friday day game?,day after Thankgiving..if indeed these two meet.

Milford won't be mentioned until they beat RS. That's a shame, I have never seen a 1 loss team so far under the Radar. If you guys only knew what I know. My BOLD prediction is that Milford will win state this year in DII.

OffensiveJuggernot":399qu9vm said:
Milford won't be mentioned until they beat RS. That's a shame, I have never seen a 1 loss team so far under the Radar. If you guys only knew what I know. My BOLD prediction is that Milford will win state this year in DII.
That's a bit too bold. Milford is good, but RS is better. Like them or not, RS is the most fundamentally sound team in sixman.
Don't try to paint me as an RS fan. I'm a member of Milford First Baptist Church. I would love to see them win, but I'm realistic.

OffensiveJuggernot":e3rg06om said:
Jugg, Hold that thought for about three weeks. Then we will talk.

Yes. Richland is the best team in state. But on any given night in the playoffs, anything can happen. Milford is a team who is scary good when they get all the pieces together. I just can't understand why no one is talking about them. They've beaten one of the best teams in the state in Garden City, and one of the most impressive losses against Jonesboro. These guys are foreal and I think there better than Calvert, and they will push Richland to the limit.

Johnny South":3r66es2y said:
OffensiveJuggernot":3r66es2y said:
Jugg, Hold that thought for about three weeks. Then we will talk.
For the past couple of months Richland has been scrambling to find film on Milford so why do we have to talk about what, in my opinion, will be the UIL state championship played in the 2nd round.

The difference between Milford and Calvert is that Milford has a defense! Borden County and Waco Live oak gave us the blueprint to beat Calvert. I've seen Milford and Calvert play this year and Milford is at least 24 points better than Calvert. Milford is a much more dangerous threat for Richland.

BE":lf39i7c4 said:
Jdawg":lf39i7c4 said:
Dont be to surprised if R.S. or Calvert get beat in second round.

It could happen.

If Calvert loses Quan, they could be upset.

Same scenario with RS. If coaches Burkhart, Rodgers and the WV assistant cant attend, then Jordan and Tippey are injured...it could happen if a couple more miss the bus.
Ref what BE said: Now THAT's FUNNY, I don't care who you are!
That's the best comment on this entire thread! I needed a good laugh today!
Thanks BE‼️‼️

4thandlong said:
The difference between Milford and Calvert is that Milford has a defense! Borden County and Waco Live oak gave us the blueprint to beat Calvert. I've seen Milford and Calvert play this year and Milford is at least 24 points better than Calvert. Milford is a much more dangerous threat for Richland

Oakwood put 50 on Milford??? Defense might not be as good as you say....

Milford beats GC....

Calvert beats BC......

I do believe these two teams are a lot closer than you think....

I think both teams are great, but if either SB goes down....both are in BIG trouble!!!

4thandlong":39a5ou5f said:
The difference between Milford and Calvert is that Milford has a defense! Borden County and Waco Live oak gave us the blueprint to beat Calvert. I've seen Milford and Calvert play this year and Milford is at least 24 points better than Calvert. Milford is a much more dangerous threat for Richland.

All Live Oak did was show you is without arguably the best player in 6-man football Calvert is very beatable.

THAT_GUY_SHELTON":2zwifnog said:
4thandlong":2zwifnog said:
The difference between Milford and Calvert is that Milford has a defense! Borden County and Waco Live oak gave us the blueprint to beat Calvert. I've seen Milford and Calvert play this year and Milford is at least 24 points better than Calvert. Milford is a much more dangerous threat for Richland

Oakwood put 50 on Milford??? Defense might not be as good as you say....

Milford loses to GC....

Calvert beats BC......

I do believe these two teams are a lot closer than you think....

I think both teams are great, but if either SB goes down....both are in BIG trouble!!!

Milford also played Oakwood without the help of the top 2 tacklers in the state. Not an excuse... just a fact. And they BEAT Garden City, who has arguably one of the best offensive attacks in the state. Just putting that out there.

In D2 what is Bolmerhea gonna do? They have been ranked in the top 5 most of the season.

Havent heard a thing about them. Can they take Reqion 3 or will Guthrie be healthy and say otherwise??

I'm new to all these D2 teams other than our local ones so help me out.

I think they will be in the Metroplex in Dec.
They have 2 awful dang good things going for them, in no particular order.
1. DEFENSE
2. COACH JONES

They have another thing going for them as well... they're in the West and don't have to contend with the likes of Crowell, Strawn, Calvert, Milford and Richland Springs. I know Amherst, Follett and Valley will have their say but I think Balmorhea is the best of the West in D2. Now if they were in the East...

Back