2016 Champs

BigCzech":3injjdg2 said:
So...What are your thoughts on who will win District 14 this year?

Abbott, Aqullia, Coolidge, Gholson, or Penelope

I'll play along

Abbott - District Champs
Aquilla - District RU
Gholson - 3rd
Coolidge - 4th
Penelope - 5th

Abbott will be WAY above the others, they will 45 each district opponent.
Aquilla will have just enough to pull out a 2nd place finish

Abbott - District Champs
Aquilla - District RU
Gholson - 3rd
Coolidge - 4th
Penelope - 5th

Abbott will be WAY above the others, they will 45 each district opponent.
Aquilla will have just enough to pull out a 2nd place finish

So on the eve of district play does everyone still feel the same? What are the predictions now?

So tell me why gholson is 3rd ? I'm not a fan of them but they are shocking me ! There defense is prolly the best in the district

I am guessing they were picked 3rd because nobody expected them to be able to beat Aquilla or Abbott. I'm still not so sure they can either. You seem to be pretty high on their D. They really haven't stopped anyone yet that can put up points in bunches. If they are as good as you say then they will slow down Penelope. I guess we will see.......

I would say at this point I would pick the district to fall as follows:
1 - Abbott
2/3 - Aquilla/Penelope
4 - Coolidge - Haven't shown alot yet, but every district game is at home.
5 - Gholson

Yeah last year Aquila was picked to go to playoffs over gholson and it didn't happen . I will pick Aquila over Abbott . After watching gholson I'm going to say gholson winning the district . Aquila right behind them . Abbott doesn't have anything like they use to . They got beat by mount calm . Penelope 45 mount calm . So after Friday we shall see . So if gholson 45 Penelope will that change your prediction ?

There are a couple of things you've got to understand.

1) For someone thats not really a Gholson fan, you are sure high on them. I'm sure they would love to have you in the fold.
2) Last year dosen't really matter at this point in the season.
3) If Gholson beat Penelope then I would pick Gholson to finish 3rd. I'm sorry but Gholson has only beat 1 team with a winning record. I can't jump on that train just yet. (P.S. That team is Oglesby, they haven't played anyone either)
4) Abbott and Aquilla have been banged up off and on all season. Rumor is that they are all healed up and are ready to destroy each other Friday night. Depending on how much damage is done this could be good for Penelope since they play them both in the next 2 games after this week.
5) I could be wrong. It hasn't happened yet this week so I am about due.

I can tell you now no one from Aquila is coming back that's going to make them better . Now Abbott yes they had some injures that could change it .now if Langford is back for the panthers then my pick is Abbott ! But Aquila does not have any injures that will change the game . Sorry

Jaybird22":20ghck5u said:
I can tell you now no one from Aquila is coming back that's going to make them better . Now Abbott yes they had some injures that could change it .now if Langford is back for the panthers then my pick is Abbott ! But Aquila does not have any injures that will change the game . Sorry

FYI
Langford has been back, and no need to apoligize to me. Aquilla not being injried is a good thing.

One thing I am sure we can actually agree on is that in by Saturday morning the picture of how District 14 will play out will be a little more clear than it is today and everyone will know without a doubt if Gholson is for real or not.

Oh most def ! And one of the 2 teams will have there first loss in district right off the bat . That will be hard to recover from . Honestly this district is up for grabs ! But of course every one is just going off the past because the other 3 haven't done anything . Which no one is surprised . But tell me one thing how does Coolidge get all home games in district

Gholson huh??? Don't know how many trips you've taken to Colorado or if you have a GREAT prescription of wacky-tabaccy but you REAL HIGH on that Gholson pick.

No way Gholson beats Abbott or Aquilla or Penelope : but they won't finish last in this district

Jaybird22":2abh574q said:
. But tell me one thing how does Coolidge get all home games in district

coolidge does not have all home games
10-14 - Gholson @ Coolidge
10-21 - Coolidge @ Aquilla
10-28 - Abbott @ Coolidge
11-4 - Coolidge @ Penelope

Really? Sorry Coach Ware. I was just going by what sixmanfootball.com posted on thier site. I was wondering how they lucked out and managed all home games during district.

As far as the aquilla injuries they lost their starting running back/outside linebacker at the end of the first quarter in the Avalon game and he only played 4 snaps in the milford game but should be healthy now as well as a few other minor injuries they've been dealing with

Back