2015 Coaching Changes

Texman301":2rpmo6dz said:
promoting from within and not advertising for it is perfectly legal, if it were to be advertised, it must be advertised for 10 days and resumes and applications must be taken. BUT, if I were already on staff and wanted the job and administration decided to open it up anyway, I would then be looking for another place to coach and teach because truthfully that tells me exactly where I stand with said district.
I hope you're right coach and I think it would be fine to do it that way, but I've heard several Supt./Prin. and even Plant Managers say they had to post all openings even though they had qualified and deserving personnel in place already. I just thought it was an E.O.E. regulation? idk

I can count to 3, sometimes I can even count to 6, but I have to be sober for a week.

But I understand what you are saying, you haven't signed, but you aren't going back to Grady. So it is not open, but it is open.

I have always been under the impression that a job MUST be posted for 10 before it is filled. Maybe I have been misinformed.

[/quote]I hope you're right coach and I think it would be fine to do it that way, but I've heard several Supt./Prin. and even Plant Managers say they had to post all openings even though they had qualified and deserving personnel in place already. I just thought it was an E.O.E. regulation? idk[/quote]

This is correct. Any public school, which operates under the umbrella of protection provided as an "Equal Opportunity Employer", must post the opening for a minimum of 10 days. Doesn't matter who gets the job, who is interviewed, or even where it is posted. It just states that it must be posted for the ten days. Many school districts will sometimes over look this requirement, as there's no one really monitoring. But that's like saying you're not speeding if the police don't catch you. You're still breaking the rules. You just haven't gotten caught yet.

I think the 10 days is only for administrative positions, which athletic director falls under. If it's not AD, the job doesn't need to be posted. Schools can offer it to someone they have in mind, etc.

And the actual posting can be anywhere public, doesn't have to be on an internet site. Schools can tape up a piece of paper for ten days on the door of the admin building, and still be legal.

So what's all going on at Santa Anna? I saw on Tasa that they looking for a principal as well as a entire new coaching staff. They made playoffs in football and were in a pretty tough basketball district as well.

ANYWAYS, they are not going to promote from within. So once my new school has received my signed contract and I officially resign from Grady, then they will post the position. Along with a position for head boys basketball. Maybe some others! Not sure yet on that but those two will be for sure when all is official.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this.

Garden City - CAN HIRE A LEGEND OF A COACH, CHOICE OF 4 VERY STRONG CANDIDATES. One has been at Garden City before and took them to a state title.
The other 2 are coming off state title games.
The other has led his school to SEVERAL (19 straight i think) district titles/playoff appearances and played Crowell close this past year. He's been short on talent several years but still manages to be the BEST COACH IN SIXMAN as he has taken his teams on SEVERAL DEEP PLAYOFF RUNS.

Paducah - if they can somehow get around the teaching field, they can land this years past state champion coach

Wonder Dog,
2 questions for you since you know all of this.

1. DOES THE GOVERNMENT KNOW THERE ARE EXTRATERRESTRIALS OUT THERE?

2. WHO WAS REALLY BEHIND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK?

Paducah needs to get ware from covington, I think he'd fit in perfect with the culture of kids they have.
I believe he and Flemons go WAY back to college and their stint at the private school in lubbock.

So you're telling me that a school has the option of hiring 1 of 4 out of this world coaches and a teaching field is standing in the way. I have a hard time believing that. Teaching fields can be moved around in a heart beat.

coachbronk":3lo93z3p said:
So you're telling me that a school has the option of hiring 1 of 4 out of this world coaches and a teaching field is standing in the way. I have a hard time believing that. Teaching fields can be moved around in a heart beat.

Paducah is needing JH MATH or ELA Teacher/Coach........ I guess they're stuck with teachers there in the PE, SS, SPED field that are coming back and not MATH or ELA certified.

And the state champion coach from Div. II UIL is interested but not certified in those subjects.

Caprock kid":2n8z7t75 said:
Is it true Bret Tyler went to Sterling City?

according to Sue Lawson-Buffa facebook post: QUOTE from her facebook page
Brety Tyler Congratulations on your new job in Sterling City. I know it is hard to leave Valley. But a new adventure awaits you and your family.

So i decided to take a scroll down Coach Tyler's facebook page... THERE IS ALOT of POST ON THERE saying there goodbye's.

I know I'm probably the BIGGEST Coach Tyler fan on here, In my opinion he's the best sixman coach in the game today.
I wish him nothing but the best at SC.

well in my honest opinion, VALLEY just became the most prestigious job out there once it officially comes open.
I'm willing to say there will be over 75 applications for this job.

Right off the bat, You know they'll be top 5 in the state.

I tell you what would be AWESOME is if Ol' Coach Mike Reed went there.

So why does he decided to leave now? And I'm sure Valley will hire a top notch coach it will be interesting to see if they can live up to what coach Tyler has established.

Also I heard Paducah hired the coach from Ozona I am not sure if that is true or not.

Back