2015 Coaching Changes

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
Looks like a LOT of changes coming up for this season.....

Brookesmith
Garden City
Eden
Silverton
Hermleigh
Wellman
White Deer
Santa Anna
Dell City
Lingleville
Lefors
Paducah
Roxton (1st year in football)

I'm sure I'm missing more than a few here too....

A thread like this may be a more appropriate place to voice concerns AND kudos! regarding situations surrounding said opening. Wouldn't it? Btw, I have no concerns (or agenda). :)

Old Bearkat":39dvop8j said:
Looks like a LOT of changes coming up for this season.....

Brookesmith
Garden City
Eden
Silverton
Hermleigh
Wellman
White Deer
Santa Anna
Dell City
Lingleville
Lefors
Paducah
Roxton (1st year in football)

I'm sure I'm missing more than a few here too....
Eden, Lingleville, White Deer, and Roxton have hired. I believe Lefors has hired as well, but I haven't verified it yet.

Texman301":2jr2bpi8 said:
Grady is not officially open yet!!

Coach, you have announced that you took the job at Oakwood. How is Grady not open?

Option 1: Are you saying that they are going to promote from within and not accept applications?

Option 2: Or are you saying that you are going to "pull a Burkhart" and go back to Grady and not go to Oakwood?

I feel certain that option 1 is illegal, and option 2 is just kind of crummy. Just a young man's thoughts.

Count Coog":faphdl9a said:
Texman301":faphdl9a said:
Grady is not officially open yet!!

Coach, you have announced that you took the job at Oakwood. How is Grady not open?

Option 1: Are you saying that they are going to promote from within and not accept applications?

Option 2: Or are you saying that you are going to "pull a Burkhart" and go back to Grady and not go to Oakwood?

I feel certain that option 1 is illegal, and option 2 is just kind of crummy. Just a young man's thoughts.

I feel 100 percent certain that option number isn't illegal. There is no law that mandates that you post an teaching job or an AD job. If you want to promote from within and not take apps that is ok.

Count Coog,

#1 I have not signed my contract at Oakwood yet, so I have not turned in my official resignation with Grady. Until this is done, they will not officially open the position.

#2. It is not illegal to promote from within and it would not even need to be advertised.

And since I was informed you cannot count to three, I wont be posting a third reason.

promoting from within and not advertising for it is perfectly legal, if it were to be advertised, it must be advertised for 10 days and resumes and applications must be taken. BUT, if I were already on staff and wanted the job and administration decided to open it up anyway, I would then be looking for another place to coach and teach because truthfully that tells me exactly where I stand with said district.

Back