2013 predictions for district 6, div II

I would assume the same. From watching dell city scrimmage though, if they can stay healthy through the season I believe they have potential to upset one or more teams in the district. Highly unlikely but very possible with the way they came out in the scrimmage against both Sierra Blanca and marfa..

After watching Sierra Blanca score less than 30 points in their game in McCamey and hearing that Sanderson put up 52 points on Friday here are my new district rankings:

1. Grandfalls (1)
2. Balmorhea (2)
3. Sanderson (4)
4. Sierra Blanca (3)
5. Buena Vista
6. Dell City

Grandfalls should have won against Water Valley. Two costly fumbles cost them two great scoring oppurtunities. Probably Grandfalls' only loss this season. They play Ft. Hancock on Friday.
Balmorhea held there own for a while against Rankin, but looks like the heat and Rankin's run game got the them. Bears play an El Paso school on Friday.
Sierra Blanca had trouble finding the end zone, but did manage to beat Ft. Davis. They also play an El Paso School.
Sanderson put up 52 against some private school from Odessa. Is Sanderson's offense that good, or was the private school that bad? Marfa travels to Sanderson. Marfa is favored by 5.

After week Zero, Grandfalls is the front runner with Bears and Eagles once again playing for 2nd. It's super early though and anything could happen.

No Excuses":1z40c5ry said:
After watching Sierra Blanca score less than 30 points in their game in McCamey and hearing that Sanderson put up 52 points on Friday here are my new district rankings:

1. Grandfalls (1)
2. Balmorhea (2)
3. Sanderson (4)
4. Sierra Blanca (3)
5. Buena Vista
6. Dell City

Grandfalls should have won against Water Valley. Two costly fumbles cost them two great scoring oppurtunities. Probably Grandfalls' only loss this season. They play Ft. Hancock on Friday.
Balmorhea held there own for a while against Rankin, but looks like the heat and Rankin's run game got the them. Bears play an El Paso school on Friday.
Sierra Blanca had trouble finding the end zone, but did manage to beat Ft. Davis. They also play an El Paso School.
Sanderson put up 52 against some private school from Odessa. Is Sanderson's offense that good, or was the private school that bad? Marfa travels to Sanderson. Marfa is favored by 5.

After week Zero, Grandfalls is the front runner with Bears and Eagles once again playing for 2nd. It's super early though and anything could happen.

Two sides to every story and everyone has an opinion. Here is mine to your statement that I put in bold. First thing, Grandfalls has a very good team and I suspect they will go several rounds in the post season. They will not win it all, I have seen many State Championship games and they just don't have quite all the ingredients. As far as beating WV, sure they could have won. But they didn't and that was their chance. Why? Because Grandfalls returned everyone and basically picked up where they left off. WV on the other hand, lost 3 really good players to graduation and 1 more to a football ending career that takes away his senior year. However, they still return tremendous talent. It is obvious to me they have the talent, but are still trying to figure out personnel packages and who belongs where at certain positions and situations. That usually doesn't happen at week 0. Back to Grandfalls should have won. Nope! Could have won? Yes, but no cigar. A HUGE missed opportunity. Why? Because with the talent WV has and the bugs they were still working out it could have happened. WV at my estimation was playing at a level of about 20% of their potential in the first half that ended 6-0 in Grandfalls favor. Did you see the intensity and motivation rise with the WV boys the second half. Sure you did. Well that would be because of those bugs that were slowly being worked out. I would say with the progress made and the team beginning to gel a little bit they picked up their play to about 50% of their potential that 2nd half. Good luck to Grandfalls and WV both on a successful season. I will end by trying to make you feel a little better. WV doesn't have quite the ingredients to put their hands on a gold football in December either. Oh heck, I almost forgot. I am picking Balmorhea to win this district. So much for leaving you feeling good I guess.

I'm feeling a little fiery this morning. Must be FOOTBALL season. That last post was kinda fun. Think I will try another.

Definition of Irony

1 a: the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning
b: an ironic expression or utterance

Example: Tagging oneself by the name NO EXCUSES and then say my team should have won.

Wow! FEEEELINGS!! Great reply. Your words expressed such anger and passion it sent chills down my spine. Next year I will better prepare myself by researching the teams...i.e. - players lost, players returning, injuries...

Thanks for the english lesson. Will look you up if I need the definitions to anymore words.

Hope you had a great holiday weekend!!

SimplyPut... I agree with most of what you said, but I'm going to disagree with you just a bit and say that if GF stays healthy and plays team ball... they'll have a shot at getting a state trophy. Remember they are in D2 and apparently Richland Springs water is running dry. Don't know anything about Follett who beat them in Semis last year... but if Follett graduated heavy... I can see GF beating them this year with all the starters GF kept. Lot of ball to play along the way tho....

The WV vs GF game was a good, entertaining game... which is always more fun to watch than a 45-0 blowout that Klondike put on Marfa. I think Klondike will pick up their first loss this Friday hosting WV. I pity the team that plays GF this Friday!

Good luck to GF and hope you get everything you've worked hard for this year!

SimplyPut":31duxmky said:
No Excuses":31duxmky said:

1. Grandfalls (1)
2. Balmorhea (2)
3. Sanderson (4)
4. Sierra Blanca (3)
5. Buena Vista
6. Dell City

Two sides to every story and everyone has an opinion. Here is mine to your statement that I put in bold. First thing, Grandfalls has a very good team and I suspect they will go several rounds in the post season. They will not win it all, I have seen many State Championship games and they just don't have quite all the ingredients. As far as beating WV, sure they could have won. But they didn't and that was their chance. Why? Because Grandfalls returned everyone and basically picked up where they left off. WV on the other hand, lost 3 really good players to graduation and 1 more to a football ending career that takes away his senior year. However, they still return tremendous talent. It is obvious to me they have the talent, but are still trying to figure out personnel packages and who belongs where at certain positions and situations. That usually doesn't happen at week 0. Back to Grandfalls should have won. Nope! Could have won? Yes, but no cigar. A HUGE missed opportunity. Why? Because with the talent WV has and the bugs they were still working out it could have happened. WV at my estimation was playing at a level of about 20% of their potential in the first half that ended 6-0 in Grandfalls favor. Did you see the intensity and motivation rise with the WV boys the second half. Sure you did. Well that would be because of those bugs that were slowly being worked out. I would say with the progress made and the team beginning to gel a little bit they picked up their play to about 50% of their potential that 2nd half. Good luck to Grandfalls and WV both on a successful season. I will end by trying to make you feel a little better. WV doesn't have quite the ingredients to put their hands on a gold football in December either. Oh heck, I almost forgot. I am picking Balmorhea to win this district. So much for leaving you feeling good I guess.

Funny how the guy getting testy about Water Valley's eligibility would come into this district and start talking mess about Grandfalls. How's that for irony?

Sancho Panza":1k4xi8ig said:
SimplyPut":1k4xi8ig said:
No Excuses":1k4xi8ig said:

1. Grandfalls (1)
2. Balmorhea (2)
3. Sanderson (4)
4. Sierra Blanca (3)
5. Buena Vista
6. Dell City

Funny how the guy getting testy about Water Valley's eligibility would come into this district and start talking mess about Grandfalls. How's that for irony?

No excuses gave his opinion that Grandfalls should have won the game. I gave my opinion on why it was as close as it was. Remove that stick fellow. I even said Grandfalls has a very good team that I suspect will go several rounds. Several rounds is good, right? They may even win it. I certainly don't know, but my pick is Follett. The other thread you referenced, I just answered the question. One other thing, I hope I am wrong. Those small number schools far west have a lot on their plate, small numbers and lots of traveling. I wish the best to Grandfalls and hope they go all the way! Sorry I gave my opinion, and I definitely can see I sure shouldn't have had a little fun while doing so.

Back