#1 Balmorhea vs #4 Rankin

They will more than likely meet again a little farther down the road. Each will make a few adjustments, and it will be another barn burner. The winner of the next one will be the State champ in my opinion.

I have to say, after being there last night, what a game by Rankin! I had Balmorhea by 30+ and boy was I wrong. Balmorhea came out slow and rankin came out fast. Rankin’s 5-1 man/blitz defense proved to be to much for the bears offense last night. This shakes up the playoff bracket a bit as Balmorhea will more than likely play sterling city next week (only team to beat rankin). There’s a good chance these two meet up again in the 3rd round. Excited for another season of playoff football!!

SixmanFootballFan1":9ylynb0o said:
I have to say, after being there last night, what a game by Rankin! I had Balmorhea by 30+ and boy was I wrong. Balmorhea came out slow and rankin came out fast. Rankin’s 5-1 man/blitz defense proved to be to much for the bears offense last night. This shakes up the playoff bracket a bit as Balmorhea will more than likely play sterling city next week (only team to beat rankin). There’s a good chance these two meet up again in the 3rd round. Excited for another season of playoff football!!

I kind of doubt they'll meet. If Balmorhea can get passed Sterling City. Which wont be easy unless they get their sh*t together. They'll be on a collision course with Borden County. And as usual, everyone seems to be sleeping on the Coyotes. Balmorhea was not prepared properly for this game. They probably slept on them and found out real quick, they shouldn't have. Rankin did everything right. They took advantage of those 3 interceptions (4th INT to end game) and put 3 TDs on the board. Rankin will have to be careful though. Garden City will be looking for revenge and it's not always easy beating the same team twice. Who knows though, maybe we have it wrong and GC takes down SC.

Ares":bntgxtla said:
SixmanFootballFan1":bntgxtla said:

I kind of doubt they'll meet. If Balmorhea can get passed Sterling City. Which wont be easy unless they get their sh*t together. They'll be on a collision course with Borden County. And as usual, everyone seems to be sleeping on the Coyotes. Balmorhea was not prepared properly for this game. They probably slept on them and found out real quick, they shouldn't have. Rankin did everything right. They took advantage of those 3 interceptions (4th INT to end game) and put 3 TDs on the board. Rankin will have to be careful though. Garden City will be looking for revenge and it's not always easy beating the same team twice. Who knows though, maybe we have it wrong and GC takes down SC.

I really think GC has a good chance of surprising SC. Either opponent will be a heck of a game, I’d much rather play SC again, one for revenge, and two, like you said, it’s hard to beat a team twice!

My opinion is that Vance Jones doesn't sleep on anybody. He may have had an off night, or he may have just been outplayed, but you can bet he was prepared. I've had the privilege of seeing Vance and Jerry meet four times, (of which Jerry has won four) and Vance has never come unprepared.
My other opinion is that GC won't be able to hang with SC this time. We'll see.

The west as usual has 4 or 5 teams that would all win in arlington.. That being said I see BC or SC playing McLean or Whitedeer for a trip to Jerry's world.

SixmanFootballFan1":1yxtpyo4 said:

Man I love the 5-1 defense! Milford went to it in 2017 when we played RS in the 2nd round and they had no answer for it. If Rankins defense can continue to play this well they are going to be hard to be for teams running tight formations. Heck of a win for Rankin.

Ares":2slmoerg said:
SixmanFootballFan1":2slmoerg said:

Let them sleep, worked out well for the Coyotes in 2016 and 2017!

Ares":a107t79n said:
Devils_Messenger":a107t79n said:
You are right, and Vance Jones always makes great mid game adjustments. But no way balmorhea should ever have been a favorite by as much as they were. Second half will be a good one.

Vance Jones also has a tendency to be stubborn with his play calling and not change up the game plan. If he makes his changes and those kids begin blocking. It could be a very interesting 2nd half. The blocking for Balmorhea is their main issue. They've been hit in the back field pretty much every play.

Have you ever noticed he throws to the outside end like 90% of the time on pass plays out of his J-Bird? I always thought that was so strange.

TebowTime15":23tqreua said:
Have you ever noticed he throws to the outside end like 90% of the time on pass plays out of his J-Bird? I always thought that was so strange.

Yes I have. It wouldnt surprise me if that play is designed that way.

This ones up for grabs fellas. I picked Rankin as the favorite early on, but it seems like all the teams are pretty even. What a district and bye-district!!!! Theres gonna be a couple of very solid teams playing basketball early because of this. Should be interesting

LBK6manFan":2amsgm00 said:
This ones up for grabs fellas. I picked Rankin as the favorite early on, but it seems like all the teams are pretty even. What a district and bye-district!!!! Theres gonna be a couple of very solid teams playing basketball early because of this. Should be interesting

I agree, more than just a couple teams from the West will be getting robbed, any one of the powerhouses from here could win a state championship. But I do believe the team repping the west will come from one of these bi-district matchups; SC/Rankin or GC/Balmorhea.

Back