Worst Fritopie I've ever had

CowboyP

Six-man expert
I'm ashamed to say the worst fritopie I've ever had was from Aquilla's C-stand. Small, stale fritos, lukewarm chili sauce with almost no meat, PBCP was lukewarm and watery. No onions or peppers. It was an absolute waste of $2.50.

Sounds to me like you need to do something about it, being from Aquilla.
I've always been told if you don't like something...change it.

i must say i had a pretty good frito pie last week in trinidad, in fact it was so good i went back and got another, but sometime in the night it and my stomach had a disagreement and i woke the next morning with some aweful stomach pains

Sounds downright awful. Then again think if California ever embraced Frito pie.

Baked Frito chips made of spelt and kamut grains
Vegan chilli
Artisan cheese
Caramelized onions with a hint of balsamic
and a dash of jalapeno infused truffle oil

What you had sounds bad Cowboy... but it could be worse. ;)

Vegas - dinner reception in the Venetian at the Taqueria Canonita . The soup course had some fancy name but the taste was almost frito pie, just a little thin and no crunch, but the taste was ok. Knowing the price - stick to the real deal, way cheaper.

granger":1mcz02mc said:
Had the frito pie at the Texas Chili Parlor today for lunch.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dear Guru Sir. You do have a way of giggin a fella now and then. Only been there once. Maybe it's the reputation or atmosphere or just being on vacation but the chili itself tasted excellent to me. Will not miss it if I ever get back there.
Chunks of real tender (not ground) beef with no gristle or fat.
Need to look for a website. Know if they ship by the gallon say, FEDEX/UPS?
Will have to settle for Wolf Brand with added leftover steak tomorrow for now.

A few weeks ago in fruitvale i had the worst frito pie ever. It was terrible i had over heard someone talkin about it while i was ordering, and i tasted it when they handed it to me. it was so terrible i sat it down and walked away and walked around the corner and threw up.

My daughter and several of her teammates had the frito pie after their Roundball game in Bluff Dale Monday. Puked all night Monday, part of Tuesday and treated at the dr today for dehydration and infection.
Moral: DO NOT EAT THE FRITO PIE IN BLUFF DALE..

I really think you must have to get east of San Angelo to get a bad Frito pie. I decided God has sent me to heaven when I got to the concession stand in west Texas. Glad you guys reminded my how life is back east

I haven't had this, nor do I want to............ Saw this on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Chicken Chili Frito Pie. Sounds like something a Yankee would do............ Even had the gall to put beans and Ketchup in it...........

Back