Who will win district??

Do not count out Mt. Calm....they have dynamic freshman, and size to pound it down throats...Just because this is their 1st season in "varsity" should not discredit them....I think eyes will be opened once the season ends with Mt. Calm number 1 in district.

Cowboy how are you going to put buckholts last. Look at there score against jonesboro compared to your aquilla's. Buckholts is alot better then people think this year. This will be a close district.

B6MF":2n37q3pi said:
Cowboy how are you going to put buckholts last. Look at there score against jonesboro compared to your aquilla's. Buckholts is alot better then people think this year. This will be a close district.
Buckholts is the only team in this district I haven't seen play. Also, I haven't heard much about them. I based it on limited knowledge.

Look at Buckholts' player rankings, their quarterback, Nathan Rice is ranked number one in the state, in six man football. Look at how they played Calvert to within 9 points, and then consider that their kicker is out with a broken wrist. Look at the player rankings. Buckholts has a new coach, Chad Satcher and he is doing an awesome job. Buckholts has a pretty amazing team.

Have now seen each team in this district, which is a rarity for the people selected rankings. Mt. Calm has size and some speed. They have the ability to hurt you if you're not disciplined. Their defense can give up big plays in the middle, but has a bend-dont-break attitude. Penelope has tons of size, but lack the speed needed to control the edges on both sides of the ball. Numbers are a little low, but can never count them out to make a late season run. Coolidge has tons of kids on the sideline, but play smash-your-mouth football. Tough to get a read on how good they really are, as they have played a schedule that didn't show their strengths, as much as their weakness. Buckholts has a very balanced offense that will take whatever you give them. They can run and pass effectively, which explains the offensive numbers they have put up. However, losing their middle linebacker early in the season hurt them up the middle and they have given up tons of yards. That changes now that he's back and the defense will play their first game at full strength tonight. I won't make any predictions on the final standing for this district, as it wouldn't suprise me to see any of the four teams on top at the end of this season. I know I supposed to say Buckholts will win, but that's why we play the games. Let the boys settle it on the field.

Back