Who can beat Abilene Christian?

I know I'm new to this, but I have been watching Abilene Christian and they haven't been beat. Yes they have had a pretty easy schedule but it's unreal how fast they are and strong... I have gone to some games that are supposed to be big D1 schools like throck and Ira and others and I just dont see them being as strong as achs...yes they are private but there kids are transfers and they are ridiculous, they have a fly to the ball defense. Which is simply strong
They are hard hitters, and relentless
I've had the pleasure of meeting some of these boys and man are they humble, it's crazy because seeing them so mean yet so calm off the field. Those boys from that school are strong and fast
They play Ira oct. 14 I think all you big school lovers should make it out to that game because your gonna be in for a surprise, I've seen these schools play and Abilene Christian.. Man they will win
They are on a mission and want respect and them beating Ira will demand respect so be ready too give it up
No school is ready public or private
Now that should give you guys something to talk about...

be careful what you wish for... i am amazed that the private schools are not much better they are from communities that can support 4 A,. 5 A, or multiples there of thus their recruiting in a very large pool of children vs small communities that are struggling to survive.

Dont get me wrong achs is a good football team and they are my pick for a state run but they havnt played anyone yet this season until they play Ira. Achs hasnt played a team yet that can run the tight offense with perfection like Ira. It will be the game of the week for sure and good luck to both teams

Your right, Schools who can support 5a schools should be better but you have to also think, about the tradition at those big schools not many are going to pass up a chance to play for one of those greats teams. In Abilene, achs hardly gets any respect at all. Half the population doesn't even know they exist... So I'm sure you can understand why they don't always have a great team. Now the past couple years they have had some recent additions which help the teams alot so it's just at random times when inner city teams get good,

And also yes achs hasn't played anyone yet but they are a great team... I saw some injuries to some very key players on that team and achs just filled the slot and was ready. They may not be as good as they would be but they are still strong enough to beat the better teams... Now from what I saw Thursday when they played,their corner back was completely back in the lineup and their linebacker was back and too me it looked like he was 110% he made 10 plus tackles and was perfect.. I'm only assuming this but he didn't play offense yet because I'm sure the coaches are holding him back... Last year the QB could connect with 17 at any point in the game, because he is a tough matchup speed and strength he looks pretty tall from what I can tell I'm not sure but his presence is just known when he plays offense because he is usually doubled which helps other player get open... so once he is back not that the achs offense absolutely needs him but he will help the offense and help there QB,

Oh Geeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz !! Not Again !!!

ACHS is a 31 point underdog to Ira at this point .... Haven't seen either of them play yet ... but I'll take the Toy's assessment at this time.

Two weeks from now this will be a moot thread .... Been down this Yellow Brick Road several times .... "Pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard - he leads a sheltered existence".

ACHS is a good private school. They would be a decent top 30 public school team. But don't start in with a private being the best overall team in the state. It's not happening for a while.

Well to you all that really believe Abilene Christian won't win your in for a show because those boys are determined, I haven't seen boys this ready in a long time, they may not be the talk of 6 man but after they beat Ira, it will definitely demand respect...
I haven't seen any team that is as fast or strong as those boys from achs
I guarantee they wouldnt be just a decent public team
They are on another level...

kbjoe1":kn3mb1l3 said:
be careful what you wish for... i am amazed that the private schools are not much better they are from communities that can support 4 A,. 5 A, or multiples there of thus their recruiting in a very large pool of children vs small communities that are struggling to survive.

Joe ... One thing you need to remember is that the place where most kids who have plans to succeed in sports beyond high school (especially football) is to be with a large public school and work through that system.

Private schools exist for lots of reasons. Often, it's the religious component of the school and you are going to choose the school that has the values you want to have in your home over the private school that might be closer. The successful private school is one who understands that athletic success is desirable, but not the whole reason for existance of the school. And folks that run (and folks that choose) private schools are a somewhat independent lot as well.

While some of the "cache" private schools have waiting lists, entrance exams, and other limitations which make admissions to the school difficult, most aren't in that boat. It's a daily task to prove the value of your school -- are your kids well educated and being taught with the values system you expect as a parent? If the answer is yes, your school will do well.

If you run your private school like an athletic club team, you're going to be out of the private school business pretty quickly. Because someone else will recruit your kids away or the "paying customers" will quickly tire of subsidizing your grandiose athletic dreams on their dime.

I will say that the private schools have done a fairly decent job of competing against the better public schools in sixman this year. It's gonna take a number of years like this year for me to call that a trend. Remember, the El Paso Jesus Chapel teams of the late 90s could take on all comers, but it's been a long time since that's happened. Maybe an ACHS win over Ira will be a step in that directon, but I wouldn't be tossing dirt on the coffin of public school sixman football anytime soon.

I say again ACHS hasnt played anyone this season so of corse they look flawless!!!! Good luck stoping Ira's running game.

ACHS is a really good football team and they are my pick for state... ACHS will be Ira's second hardest team they face, First of corse is this week's Rankin.

I am guessing Ira will beat them handily, but ACHS has always been a quality program. They have their ups and downs like anyone else, but that's to be expected. I look forward to seeing if they compete with Ira and then looking beyond that, Dallas The Covenant. There are some really decent D1 TAPPS teams this season.

Outside of that it appears this Waco Live Oak team is pretty salty as well.

ira is tough if i were a coach im not sure i would want to see them on my schedule. as i said earlier private schools have the ability to change so much year to year. a public school well most public schools know who is going to be coming up because they were raised there hand have been seen playing t-ball , little league, peewee football, and little dribblers before they even get to jr high.

but i would not be surprised to see ira run away with this one...

Have any of ya'll seen ACHS? Everyone is talking about Ira's speed but yet ACHS has probably the fastest team I've seen. Every position on defense has someone fast and athletic. And 2 of the players are close to over 200 pounds. The corner, bandit, hammer, and one of the ends all run at least a 4.6. But Ira also has multiple players that are fast. I've seen both teams play and I'd have to say they are 2 of the fastest teams. It's going to be a great game and I'll be sure to make it out to Ira on the 14th.

I'm from Abilene but have no affiliation with either team, I just think ACHS has the talent and discipline to be great. But then again I've only seen Ira once and Abilene multiple times.

I agree with footballfinatic11 they are the fastest teams around,
There are no teams that are as fast as them. Achs is as fast if not faster than Ira
Everryone talks about ira's speed and how that carries them..well achs is prolly faster and bigger
As footballfinatic11 said they have some big boys and from what I've seen they like to hit and boy do they have some wheels!!
I was taught defense wins championships, and they prolly have one of the fastest and strongest defenses out there,

All I keep hearing from eagleman is "prolly bigger" "prolly faster"...... well anything can "prolly" happen in sixman ball, but it is decided on the field end of story

Back