Where's david...?

Let's get some predictions if he's gone then! I'll post mine in a bit, but I'm out for lunch right now. Exciting games tonight!

PREDICTIONS EDIT:

District 1:
Wichita Falls Notre Dame over EPJC by 45. My guess is WFND-50, EPJC-0

WCS over Lubbock Kingdom Prep- Is this game happening?

District 2:
Happy Hill (NCTA)-96, RCCC-48
Game of the week in district 2. I see NCTA over RCCC by 45. My guess is a similar score to the WFND score because I think defense will be lacking (We will see if NCTA will improve defense this week).

Longview Trinity- Bye

Brownwood Victory Life-56, Killeen Memorial-6

Athens-56, Temple Holy Trinity Catholic-0

District 3:
San Marcos Hill Country-56, Selma River City Believers-6
San Marcos keeps doing what they've done. The real battle comes when they face Seguin and Freddy.

Freddy-36, Seguin-30.
GAME OF THE WEEK IN TAPPS DIII. This game will give a good look to see who will be playing in the semis and in December. I see this game having defensive stops- whoever converts PATs will be on top. Seguin has played a tough schedule- Austin Veritas specifically. I remember during track season while talking to the guys that play over at seguin that this is called FREDDY WEEK. Seguin always plays their hardest against Freddy and are hungrier than ever to beat Freddy after last years two losses. Freddy has also played a tough schedule- Austin Hill Country, SA FEAST, and Rochelle. I went to the Freddy v. Rochelle game and was impressed by the tenacity my boys put up against Rochelle. In my opinion right now, I believe that Freddy's defense is better than Seguin's (I'll always have a Freddy bias), but we will see tonight. Freeagent, you should go see the game, your eyes won't believe what they will see.

Spring Branch Living Rock- Bye

Those are my picks- I don't know a whole lot about the North, but I think my scores won't be too far off. I thought it would be good if someone put up some predictions to laugh/ disagree about as it seems David is on break this week. Good luck to every team tonight! As always, Go Freddy!

shortround":3kshehqs said:
Freddy-36, Seguin-30.
GAME OF THE WEEK IN TAPPS DIII. Freeagent, you should go see the game, your eyes won't believe what they will see.!

I probably would have gone except for the fact my kid plays for New Braunfels Cross Lutheran and they have a junior high game today at San Marcos Hill Country. First Heritage/Lifegate game I've missed since Lifegate played Heritage in its first game in 2003. I've heard some heresy that Shipman is actually throwing the football, and since I've never seen that in my life, I almost made the trip just to see something new. But he reassured me that it's all false.

Thank you shortround for stepping in. I was out of town for 3 days this week and have been playing catch up the last couple days. I haven't caught up.

I'll try not to let my paying job interfere with my predictions in the future.

I agree with Shortround on his picks except for 2. RCC doesn't score more than 14 against NCTA and its over at half Granbury NCTA 59 - RCC 14. And I have no bias, just a real strong sense that Seguin is out to make a statement. I have it Seguin 36 - Freddy 20. I'd love to be there. Too bad my Citation II is still in the shop!

Good luck and safe travels!

I wish I could make it to the game too freeagent, but I'm gone for the weekend and wouldn't be able to make the trip back to Freddy.

David, I can agree with you on the NCTA score, I'll still go with my original prediction to be fair, but most likely what will happen is your score. Also, I'm still going to have to be a homer on the Freddy v Seguin score, I think Heritage pulls out with the win here.

PREDICTIONS VS. ACTUAL SCORES
Please note that this post will be updated as I receive more scores, etc.

District 1:
Wichita Falls Notre Dame over EPJC by 45. My guess is WFND-50, EPJC-0

ACTUAL SCORE: WFND-66, EPJC-16
We will see what the actual score is later as we can't verify as of now. The official score has been edited 66-16 WFND wins. WFND does what they needed to and keeps pushing for winning district. How will they play against WCS?

WCS over Lubbock Kingdom Prep- Is this game happening?

ACTUAL SCORE: WCS-36, Lefors-30
WCS looking good, and with WFND in a funk, they can potentially win District 1.

District 2:
Happy Hill (NCTA)-96, RCCC-48
Game of the week in district 2. I see NCTA over RCCC by 45. My guess is a similar score to the WFND score because I think defense will be lacking (We will see if NCTA will improve defense this week).

ACTUAL SCORE: NCTA-58, RCC-12
David's crystal ball is spot on! NCTA continues to roll on. David, how do you think a healthy Longview matches up with NCTA?

Longview Trinity- Bye

Brownwood Victory Life-56, Killeen Memorial-6

ACTUAL SCORE: BVL-33, Killeen-13
BVL with the win, again it seems my prediction was off and the game was played closer than expected.

Athens-56, Temple Holy Trinity Catholic-0

ACTUAL SCORE: Athens-77, THTC-34
Not a 45 that I thought it would be, then again I know nothing of Athens or how they play.

District 3:
San Marcos Hill Country-56, Selma River City Believers-6
San Marcos keeps doing what they've done. The real battle comes when they face Seguin and Freddy.

ACTUAL SCORE: San Marcos-70, Selma-7
San Marcos keeps rolling, but I believe their train will stop come Seguin. I think the San Marcos VS freddy will be a good matchup (Having said that about seguin and freddy as well, maybe I'll be right this next time)

Freddy-36, Seguin-30.
GAME OF THE WEEK IN TAPPS DIII. This game will give a good look to see who will be playing in the semis and in December. I see this game having defensive stops- whoever converts PATs will be on top. Seguin has played a tough schedule- Austin Veritas specifically. I remember during track season while talking to the guys that play over at seguin that this is called FREDDY WEEK. Seguin always plays their hardest against Freddy and are hungrier than ever to beat Freddy after last years two losses. Freddy has also played a tough schedule- Austin Hill Country, SA FEAST, and Rochelle. I went to the Freddy v. Rochelle game and was impressed by the tenacity my boys put up against Rochelle. In my opinion right now, I believe that Freddy's defense is better than Seguin's (I'll always have a Freddy bias), but we will see tonight. Freeagent, you should go see the game, your eyes won't believe what they will see.

ACTUAL SCORE: Freddy-8, Seguin-58
Seguin has made their statement. It seems my crystal ball is clouded by the Freddy bias I have. I didn't expect for Seguin to keep freddy to one touchdown. Seguin's defense is LEGIT. My pick is for seguin to win district and make to December. That being said, I think coach Shipman works his magic and freddy goes deep in the playoffs. This current Freddy team reminds me of the 2010 freddy team. Also, I'll update this review section of the game to report on seguin's speed, strength and defense.
Update:
Here is what I can report on the Seguin v Fred game. Seguin did a great job on defense. They scouted freddy well and their defense showed it. Seguin probably has bigger guys than freddy, but no absolute "stud" (in my opinion.) They play as a team- which is something I'll take over a one trick pony everyday. They do have some speed, but not blazing fast- what will probably get a team is that even though they don't have ridiculously fast players, they do have shifty players- they're slippery. Fundamental open field tackling will stop them. The "seguin option" as freddy calls it will punish teams that aren't fundamentally sound on defense. Their diamond can be stopped. Overall, what gives seguin the advantage is their defense. Their offense is still good don't get me wrong, but its the defense that seguin plays which wins.

Spring Branch Living Rock- Bye

So how did I do in my Predictions. Not good.. I'm 3-2 so far and the ones I missed were by a longshot.. I'm still waiting to hear on the BVL game. I also didn't count a the WCS game in my prediction w/l ratio as I didn't make a prediction. Looks like Dave is pretty good at his non-day job.
What did we learn this week? WFND is in a funk or otherwise irrelevant this year, WCS is looking like they could win district 1, NCTA rolls on, San Marcos rolls on, Seguin has the best defense and is the new "team to beat", Freddy did't play as I expected. Oh and that David's crystal ball is spot on!

@GMW, the scores here on the sight say WFND-66, EPJC-68.If you hear any other word on whether that score is correct, let us know.

The Garden City staff said that EPJC and WFND are supposed to be playing there today at 5 pm. Granger took the score off the board until we can verify. Notre Dame losing to Jesus Chapel did seem a little strange, but who knows.

I'm still in shock and awe that my Stars beat Lefors. They were tied at 22 at the half. The Stars scored 14 in the 3rd quarter and held on for the win. Looks like Coach Johnson had the defense firing on all cylinders last night.

Thanks shortround for stepping in while david was busy with his paying job. Not too bad on the predictions! You did a lot better than I would have.

That crystal ball of davids has some power...it was 58-6 with something like .3 seconds left in the game and RCC scored with a great pass in the endzone with the receiver able to get both feet in.

Seguin definitely made a statement last night. Did not expect that at all! Defense wins championships, not a prediction just a statement. My NCTA bias absolutely will not allow that prediction.

I also would like to know what's going on over at WFND. It looks like the "not by two" curse is alive and well. I see WCS winning that district now.

San Marcos is making a statement and looking good.

It's going to be fun watching these next few weeks to see how everything plays out. I hope everyone stays healthy and each team can field their best each week.

Shortround,

In response to your question on how Longview matches up against Granbury, as of right now, I would say not well. And Trinity is relatively healthy. I think it will be high scoring but if I had to guess, I would put it at NCTA 90 - Trinity 50. I think Trinity has the capacity to step up and play well. I think #11 will need to play every snap both ways and play well. Looking at Big Boy and the huge holes he runs through, I see him running up and down the field. Trinity does not shed blocks well and they arm tackle and tackle high. That won't work against this dude. I'd love to put my blinders on and call for a Titans upset but until I see them step up and perform the way they are capable of performing, I'd have to say they're playing for 2nd place in District 2! Gotta call it like I see it.

Yes Shortround, you did well, considering you had no time to research the games. Maybe next season it could be a friendly competition between a few prognosticators.

Thanks for the responses! I've updated my post to what I know about freddy vs seguin.
NCTA sounds like they have a big guy that punishes the weak tackles.
David, thanks for the reply about longview and calling it how you see it!
GMW- congrats on the Stars winning!
I will take you up on the offer for a competition between prognostications next week!

I'm now 4-2 on the predections with the BVL win

Back