Where is the best Mexican food

I remember when going to Mexico was safe...and easy...well safer...my dad told me a story of going once in the 70s and getting his tires stolen...that's better than getting shot or kidnapped.

Alfredo's in Abilene use to be the best...but the food got smaller, the price went up and quility went down since 2001.

There was a hotdog stand in Acuna, Mexico and when I was drunk it was darn good (with the hot salsa that they had to put on it)...does that count as Mexican food???

There was a hotdog stand in Acuna, Mexico and when I was drunk it was darn good (with the hot salsa that they had to put on it)...does that count as Mexican food???[/quote]
There is the possibility there that it was a REAL hot dog. But if you had too much tequilla combined with the hot salsa it probably did taste good.

I can sure tell you where it's not......................................
Word of caution; Never, ever order nachos in Acapulco...............................

I did have some muy bueno cabrito in Nuevo Laredo once upon a time............... at least that is what said it was on the menu.
There was a restaurant up the camino from Ma Crosby's in Ciudad Acuna that offered up some tasty treats. I think it was La macarena or something like that. They made fried Bell Pepper rings that were really good.
Some of the best food I can remember was cooked over a campfire by an old man with a shearing crew. We'd always give the crew a fat lamb. Tortillas cooked on the spot, beans and rice went well with it............................Good Ole Days..........

Back