Where are they at?

Red Baron

11-man fan
Where are all the Tyler Street and Brenham fans at? Just days away from the big game and noone is on here talking about it. In that case, I know nobody from those schools is coming on here to talk about the game (Don't want to give the other team bulletin board material!!). But come on where are all the 6 man fans and their predictions and opinions about this game. I personally have seen both teams play this year, both are really talented. But I have to give the upper hand to Brenham, more speed, deeper bench. I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout.

OK RedBaron, here is what I would do playing Brenham, first I what try to slow the game down run the
clock. To do this you only pass when you haveto. keep the ball on the ground if you can get 4yds per carry. If you have to punt punt out of bounce, the clock stops with a change over anyway. Stack the line try to hold Brenham to at lease 8 plays before they score. Unless Brenham runs a no huddle, this runs about 2 1/2 min. off the clock. If you are lucky to get in the fouth quarter open up the game and go for broke. Unless you have some one who can kick it into the end zone kick high kicks that will land about the twenty or onside kicks. Not seeing Brenham play I bet they try to run every kick back so you must kick to the second level.

Now how can Brenham beat Tyler St. play the same way they have played all year. I bet, if Tyler St. goes into the spread like I seen Tyler St. play last year with only the QB back Brenham sends 3 and plays zone. From what I seen last year Tyler St forgot about the center. The center was open for the 4-5 yd pick up every time Brenham sent 3.

Tyler St most get out of its tunnel vision.

I'd agree ... only possible way to beat Brenham (unless they spot you a 28-0 lead like last year, and for some reason, I don't think that will happen again) is to SLOW DOWN the game.

Don't take a snap until you're inside 5 seconds on the play clock when the game clock is going. Slow, methodical drives down the field.

Of course, this assumes you can keep the game close. If you can't, Katie bar the door. It'll be h-e-double-hockey sticks, but thankfully, it will be done early. You get your chances early. If you don't convert them, you won't have another chance.

Very good, Lifegatesports, I forgot that they will be playing on an 11man field and they will have a play clock. I don't beleive that Tyler St. can or will win the game but by slowing it down some folks will have to make that long walk to the consecssion stand. As they use to say in West Texas, before the term we 45 them became common, they would say we pointed them out.

Red Baron":1ojnvshy said:
Don't want to give the other team bulletin board material!!
If I were a coach, I would make up the stuff for the bulletin: I saw a picture in the Brenham paper where the BCA kids made a model of the state trophy and were carrying it around! Yeah well I heard Tyler St was chanting, break there legs, break there legs.
Man, I'm pretty good. Coach's may hire me for " Board Smack".

Being serious, here I am. Last year I was over confident, I thought and said that there was no way were we losing. They beat them and we beat those and blah blah blah. I'm not falling into that again.
This year only one game matters and it will be against the hardest team we have faced. Neither team is writing an ending to this game.
That being said I think.... just kidding.
I am so looking forward to the game on Saturday. 76* and day time!!!!!!!! No space heaters this year!

Astro55":1r8pveww said:
Very good, Lifegatesports, I forgot that they will be playing on an 11man field and they will have a play clock. I don't beleive that Tyler St. can or will win the game but by slowing it down some folks will have to make that long walk to the consecssion stand. As they use to say in West Texas, before the term we 45 them became common, they would say we pointed them out.

Here's the problem, especially at this level ... and I wouldn't discount it in our loss last week.

It is easy, very easy, to get used to games which although they can be physical both ways, where one team obviously has the hosses and the ability to take over the game.

As you move down the playoff road, the games get tougher. And perhaps in this division, that happens pretty fast (usually when your schedule for next week reads: vs. Brenham Christian).

What worked for 12 weeks doesn't work this week. Or that "little thing" that didn't really mean a difference in all those other weeks (for example, converting PAT's) all of a sudden makres a difference this week. The team that adopts to those differences or is able to make (and execute) that tweak tends to win the fourth game.

Perhaps Tyler Street hasn't worried too much about play clock management in their previous 13 games. But to be successful Saturday, they're going to have to learn it. And do a lot of other things well.

Otherwise, the game is over at half. As it was last year when they played in the semifinals.

Well I have to chime in on this one since we did play both of these teams. DTS does know how to manage the clock. That is how Favors held us off in the second half. We adjusted on D and they only scored once on us in the second half, but when they got the ball they took every second. I have never seen a clock run so fast in my life. I would agree the only way to play with Brenham is to run the clock, but that being said the only way we scored on them was passing. They shut our run game down from the start. We were lucky enough to find open receivers to get some scores and move the ball. Bottom line is Brenham is a strong team with a lot of experience and not many weaknesses. Good luck to both teams this weekend. They BOTH earned a spot in the finals. It does humble me to know both our losses came to the two teams playing in the finals. As a first year sixman coach I have learned from both of these teams and greatly respect both programs .

Good Luck and God Bless

Guy Williams
HC Pine Drive Christian

Just got a call from a friend said Brenham won 52-12 , this was no surorise but I will say good job Tyler St. you made them play the whole game which was a big surprise to a lot of people.

It was a great game! it was 16 to 6 at halftime and alot of people were surprised at that! even though tyler street lost they did an outstanding job. those boys came ready to play.

I want to say congrats to Brenham! Man yall have a wonderful defense. They stopped Tyler street 4 or 5 times inside the ten yard line in the first quarter! I met alot of Brenham folks today too Including sixmanmomma. Those are some nice people. Gad I got to meet you all today and congrats to all of you! glad i was at the game because it was wonderful

God bless everyone and again congrats to Brenham!

O and the two best teams did play in moody :mrgreen:

Veezy, I agree completely. Tyler Street's defensive game plan was about as good as I've seen at this level. Completely solid in the first half. A team like Brenham doesn't turn the ball over 5 times, let alone 4 int's! Depth came into play in the second half. Brenham is a machine. It's def not a one man team.

That's exactly why the game is played on the field... Congrats to both teams on a great season. Congrats to Coach Tarbutton. He's done an outstanding job with that program. Just like last year, the two best teams played in Moody today. It was a joy to watch.

Coach Jerry Hargraves

Veezy32":29nlqp63 said:
It was a great game! it was 16 to 6 at halftime and alot of people were surprised at that! even though tyler street lost they did an outstanding job. those boys came ready to play.

I want to say congrats to Brenham! Man yall have a wonderful defense. They stopped Tyler street 4 or 5 times inside the ten yard line in the first quarter! I met alot of Brenham folks today too Including sixmanmomma. Those are some nice people. Gad I got to meet you all today and congrats to all of you! glad i was at the game because it was wonderful

God bless everyone and again congrats to Brenham!

O and the two best teams did play in moody :mrgreen:

Veezy - it was great to meet you too and Cody? (#3) - I'm glad you got to see your old teammates and watch the 2 best teams in Tapps Div. 2 duke it out! :mrgreen:

Congrats to the Eagles on the title ... and to Tyler Street for a great effort. Didn't think it would be a 40 minute game. Championship games bring out the drive in everyone...

Guess I was wrong. Again.

Well Lifegate it might not of been a 4 qtr game but our coaches got our entire team in the game - what a great thing for the younger players. As 2 of our coaches are former 6-man players themselves (and not that long ago) they know what it's like to have that great memory of getting to play in a big game - and this was a big big game. So hat's off to the coaches for stretching it out for the young guys!
Congratulations BCA - you worked hard all year and have reaped your reward. Way to go.

TYLER ST. WINS In the Dallas Morning News Tyler St. 52- Brenham 13 True score in paper ,now that may shock some tyler st fans who did not go the game and read the score in the paper this morning.

Astro55":3094ets5 said:
TYLER ST. WINS In the Dallas Morning News Tyler St. 52- Brenham 13 True score in paper ,now that may shock some tyler st fans who did not go the game and read the score in the paper this morning.

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN, 2010 version.

Well Im going to give by opinion why Brenham won. After reading the way points were score on Playoff 2010, here is my opinion. Tyler st. was out coach at the half. Brenham made ajustments that work while TS if they made ajustments did not work. The TS coach gets tunnel vison when he is behind, when he is winning everything is ok. As good as he is he has a hard time making ajustments on the field and asking for any input from his Asst. coaches, if they ever have any. Go ahead TS fans throw rocks at me I live in a glass house, but I have a bunker outside of it.
All you fans, players and coaches have a merry Christmas and remember to give all the Glory to GOD.
Thank you Lifegate and Granger for not pulling the plug on me I have injoyed this year.

Astro55":3itl5ahm said:
Well Im going to give by opinion why Brenham won. After reading the way points were score on Playoff 2010, here is my opinion. Tyler st. was out coach at the half. Brenham made ajustments that work while TS if they made ajustments did not work. The TS coach gets tunnel vison when he is behind, when he is winning everything is ok. As good as he is he has a hard time making ajustments on the field and asking for any input from his Asst. coaches, if they ever have any. Go ahead TS fans throw rocks at me I live in a glass house, but I have a bunker outside of it.
All you fans, players and coaches have a merry Christmas and remember to give all the Glory to GOD.
Thank you Lifegate and Granger for not pulling the plug on me I have injoyed this year.

I ain't into pulling plugs this past week ... still in mourning.

But somebody made adjustments at half to turn a 10 point lead into a 40 point win. Coach Favors may not have come out on top this past weekend, but he's won more than most of us mere mortals. Sometimes, you run into a buzzsaw. Sometimes that buzzsaw comes from Brenham and wears blue uniforms.

What adjustments could the Tyler St coach make? He went into the second half, that's a great job by him and his boys. He was only down 10 at the half. The zone he had set up was shutting down our passing game and they were coming up with picks. They were keeping our D off the quarter back pretty well also. My hats off to the coaches and players at Tyler St. I was a bit nervous for the first time this season.
Astro 55, you might know the coaches at Tyler St, but I would say they did a great job, better then any other team we faced this year.

Back