What's the return of Burkhart 'worth' RS?

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
This is a serious question. Let's call it crowdsourcing for answers.

What is Jerry Burkhart's return to Richland Springs worth in the ratings? (rating not ranking)

Let's assume his son is eligible (he will be in October) and the Rigdon's play.

Are we talking a 10 point rating swing? 20? 30? 45?

My opinion: somewhere between 10-30

From what I have seen and know about the kids mentioned it comes down to the rigdon boys. The burkhart kid is very good and will have a great season, but he is not going to swing the needle as much as the two rigdon kids. That’s without even talking about the big strong kids that are new this year. I believe that team is a third round playoff team without Rigdon’s and Burkhart kid. They are state champs with rigdon boys and supporting cast and no Burkhart kid. With all of the above they are really special and still state Champs. Add in the quality of the coaching staff (burkhart,Rogers,and Rigdon), this team can not lose this season, or should not anyway. They will have 5 best players in every game I believe and 7 or 8 of top 10 kids in every game. This coyote team is the real deal and extremely deep. I’m going to check in on some other programs this week as I travel around and see how they stack up.

Murdoch":2a76jgoq said:
Can you define "ratings"?

the number that determines the spread... for example if you say they are around a 400, does the new configuration make them a 410 or higher?

It doesn't really make much difference where they start in the rankings or ratings, it's how they finish that matters. From what I hear, after the State game they will be around 50-70 points ahead of any of the other teams. (that includes D1) I will say their rating should begin in the 670 to 690 range. That will leave some room for improvement. So Burkhart is worth somewhere in the 50-75 point range in the equation.

Just need to get the ring sizes measured and Jayton will sadly be watching as the rings are tried on at Jerry's World in December. Sweet!

Texlonghorn75":25pizvla said:
Just need to get the ring sizes measured and Jayton will sadly be watching as the rings are tried on at Jerry's World in December. Sweet!

Easy, killer. Jayton needs to make sure they keep a close eye out for the Cowboys of GF.

tdog5344":159pxvxw said:
Schedule milford or mclean johhny south then talk to me about the best team in the state...

I'm not sure who is the "best" in the state. No one has played a game yet.

But, please describe your version of the word "best"? It could mean a lot of different things.

I define "best" as who is the winner at the end of the year. So last year, McLean & Strawn were the "best" teams in my opinion. Pretty cut and dry. What good is it to be the "best" in Week 1 if you don't hoist the hardware in Week 15. Do we play to win it all or just to participate?
I Would Rather Die Of Thirst Than Drink From The Cup of Mediocrity!

6manfamily":87nig5o3 said:
From what I have seen and know about the kids mentioned it comes down to the rigdon boys. The burkhart kid is very good and will have a great season, but he is not going to swing the needle as much as the two rigdon kids. That’s without even talking about the big strong kids that are new this year. I believe that team is a third round playoff team without Rigdon’s and Burkhart kid. They are state champs with rigdon boys and supporting cast and no Burkhart kid. With all of the above they are really special and still state Champs. Add in the quality of the coaching staff (burkhart,Rogers,and Rigdon), this team can not lose this season, or should not anyway. They will have 5 best players in every game I believe and 7 or 8 of top 10 kids in every game. This coyote team is the real deal and extremely deep. I’m going to check in on some other programs this week as I travel around and see how they stack up.

While I have never seen any of these kids play nor have any skin in the game, Landon Burkhart rushed for 361 as an 11-man QB at Stanton! For those of you who don't understand 11-man, THAT'S ABSURDLY AWESOME!

I don't want to start this again, but Landon should be able to play week 1 at RS. When the UIL alleges, without a law degree, that a student moved for athletic reasons, that implies they SHOULD go to X school. Without a doubt, using that flawed logic, Landon should go to Richland Springs; In fact, I posted on this site that Jerry should go back to RS because it gives Landon the best chance to play this year. I can't remember if there is a Burkhart brother between Haustin and Landon, but either way Landon has lived in Richland almost his entire life.

I believe that Burkhart knew if Rigdon would stay they would win a state championship with relative ease. You have to have the athletes to win at any school and thus the reason so many coaches change schools every year. It's not hard to size up the talent in a school in a years time to see if it will ever be feasible to compete. Jerry is a good coach, but still went 1-6 in Stanton because the talent was not there. I know everyone says he left because of the bullying, but I would think the 1-6 had something to do with it. Now he wants to return because family is within 90 miles?? I highly doubt it. He knows he has a legitimate chance to make another run with the athletes that are already in place. Just don't be surprised if he and Rigdon don't mesh with those two personalities.

After all the corruptness in that town no championship will be legit. Like I posted earlier I wonder how they will be welcomed by other towns. Don't you think a lot of people don't like what they do and will have a big chip on the shoulder?

wrenchman540":36f8klle said:
After all the corruptness in that town no championship will be legit. Like I posted earlier I wonder how they will be welcomed by other towns. Don't you think a lot of people don't like what they do and will have a big chip on the shoulder?

Corruptness??

Dear wretchedwrenchfeller,

Yew iz rite. Richland iz worried sick bout how them uther towns iz goin to receive them. In fact, I done heard that the booster club iz workin’ on a reverse Welcome Wagon kinda thing. As we done roll into the town of the soon-to-be vanquished we wuz athinkin’ bout goin’ door-to-door with chocolate chip cookies and maybe sum of that Calagon take me away bubble bath stuff. And maybe even hand out sum of them brown partisissypant ribbons fer jest showin’ Up.

Do yew done think that wud hep the feelins over the corruption?

tdog5344":2hsffht6 said:
Schedule milford or mclean johhny south then talk to me about the best team in the state...

Well TDog, first of all I don't do the scheduling, and second of all, if I did, why would I talk to you about it? Do you do the rankings?

UIL needs to clean up RS recruiting, it teaches kids that it is ok to cheat , if it means winning. RS is damaging HS sports, student athletes, and UIL should be ashamed when they look the other way. What is Burkhart worth, nothing when it comes to teaching life lessons about honour, and honesty to our youth.

Back