What Now?

MelaniB

11-man fan
This is the part of football season I don't like. No more football except 11 man. What are we gonna talk about now?

I already miss RJ. I know he's going to have some fun and lots of memories. Seeing his son and daughter in law will be fantastic. He deserves it because of working so hard. That man and DSW need a break.

A year or so before the "big virus" Granger set up a basketball site very similar to this football site. It did not get off the ground. I was a little surprised that it did not. I was all set to check in twice a week or more to look at scores from around the state. It just didn't happen.

There's a basketball topic on the index page....... I've never looked at it until you mentioned it but looks like there is some action on it. There's just not the interest in roundball that there is in football....... On this site anyway ..... I guess you could start a scores page on it and see what happens. If the coaches would send in results it might take off.

Blue Bird":1wu2j60p said:
A year or so before the "big virus" Granger set up a basketball site very similar to this football site. It did not get off the ground. I was a little surprised that it did not. I was all set to check in twice a week or more to look at scores from around the state. It just didn't happen.

I still have that basketball site bookmarked. Doesn't work very well.

smokeyjoe53":a2hu7fnl said:
RJ I thought you might be incommunicado either traveling or packing or finishing DIY Projects.....

Was sitting in DFW taking advantage of the free wi-fi. Now sitting in my son's living room waiting to head to the pub for fish&chips and some Guiness. Not really a beer guy, but when in Rome....

Is there anything else but hunting? It sure won't be watching the Cowboys. The Detroit and Green Bay games sums up their season. Even the announcers and commentators think they are not very smart. I'd love to support my Texas team, but they leave so much doubt in your mind before the kickoff starts. Go Broncos!

Hunting wins for right now. Lets hear some of your hunting stories. I'll start it off. My grandson and dad were hunting in my DSH's stand. It was 8 ft tall. My grandson was about 4 and had a wiggle tail. My dad couldn't keep him still at all. He gives him some peanuts and starts watching for deer again. Then all the sudden the door flies open and my grandson is laying on his back. My dad nearly breaks his legs getting out of the stand. He picks him up and runs him to the Throckmorton Hospital. They did xrays and other test. Not a bone was broken, or fractured. No problem with his head. He was just fine. My dad was the one who needed care from nearly having a heart attack.. This was the last time Haustin Burkhart got to hunt in nothing but a ground blind.

P.S. RJ I'm so happy you made it to your destination. Have a ball with your son. You know he's very special in what he's doing for our country. He's my hero...

Another story is my DSH stays in his stand until it gets dark. He got out and started walking down the road. The moon was bright enough that he didn't have to use his flashlight. He heard a noise and turned around and there was an animal in the road behind him. He started walking again slowly towards the camp so he could be ready in case what ever the animal was he would have a chance to turn around and shoot it. My husband would walk and the animal would follow. He got to the camp and turned around ready to shoot it and the animal ran off. We figured out it must of been a coyote. It was too small for a hog, which would of charged after him and there were no cows at the lease. I was proud of him for keeping his wits. If I had of been with him I would of taken off running.

Back