What’s happening in Milford

Milford just opened up district play with a dominant win 56-6 over Penelope.

I talked to Senior Ricky Pendleton this morning and I asked him a few questions.

Question #1. What’s the expectation for the rest of the season.

“Our expectations for the rest of the season it to take it one week at a time and keep having great practices like we’ve been having. The main focus is to get all the way healthy because we know that nobody is going to be able to beat us if we are. We will win Milford a state championship this year if we stay as focused as we’ve been these past few weeks.”

Question #2. And are y’all ready to play Avalon and Coolidge and try to win a 5th straight District championship for Milford football?

“The real question is... is Avalon and Coolidge ready for us? We know both teams will come out to play but we also know if we come out and do what we know we need to do then those two games shouldn’t even be close. Avalon set a goal this season and that goal was to beat us... looks like that goal won’t be checked off the list .”

I think there’s a lot of people in the state that have written Milford off this year and I think that is a BIG mistake. This years group of kids is a confident hard working bunch who’s had to deal with a lot of adversity. District is here and playoffs are right around the corner and Milford is getting healthy and getting ready to play it’s BEST football of the season.

MilfordInsider":2ygf9pra said:
Milford just opened up district play with a dominant win 56-6 over Penelope.

I talked to Senior Ricky Pendleton this morning and I asked him a few questions.

Question #1. What’s the expectation for the rest of the season.

“Our expectations for the rest of the season it to take it one week at a time and keep having great practices like we’ve been having. The main focus is to get all the way healthy because we know that nobody is going to be able to beat us if we are. We will win Milford a state championship this year if we stay as focused as we’ve been these past few weeks.”

Question #2. And are y’all ready to play Avalon and Coolidge and try to win a 5th straight District championship for Milford football?

“The real question is... is Avalon and Coolidge ready for us? We know both teams will come out to play but we also know if we come out and do what we know we need to do then those two games shouldn’t even be close. Avalon set a goal this season and that goal was to beat us... looks like that goal won’t be checked off the list .”

I think there’s a lot of people in the state that have written Milford off this year and I think that is a BIG mistake. This years group of kids is a confident hard working bunch who’s had to deal with a lot of adversity. District is here and playoffs are right around the corner and Milford is getting healthy and getting ready to play it’s BEST football of the season.

I may be biased but I love the confidence. I dont know much about Milford this year but they've proved to be a contender for years now. How can someone not acknowledge that? I think people on this site, pick and choose their favorites and everyone loves to hate on certain teams and fans. I've seen it, it happens, so be it. Personally, I think it's great that Milford has a great fanbase. Wish them the best ROS.

Goonesfarm":13bpxr2j said:
Well those are nice, humble answers...<sarcasm>

Competence breeds confidence. I reckon this is one of those individuals who roots for a team that is regular Dawg food.

80-62 is hardly a dominant win. Avalon beat them 82-62 so should be a great one next week. Doesn’t stack up with anyone in the west however. Much more disciplined teams in the west and that’s so important in 6 man!!

That’s all Milford heard last year, they would get destroyed in state, their offense couldn’t match up with mcleans physical style. The game would be over at half.
Let’s see how things go in the playoffs.

obagain":obxzfdgm said:
It looks like Milford made a statement tonight with a dominate win over coolage.
That #10 had a great game tonight.

If this was a dominate win by 18 points then what was the state game your trying to say wasnt dominate. Yall lost by 30 to a much much much better team.

obagain":3ub6h9bq said:
That’s all Milford heard last year, they would get destroyed in state, their offense couldn’t match up with mcleans physical style. The game would be over at half.
Let’s see how things go in the playoffs.

This is not an accurate statement. I followed the comments closely last year and it was very few (I emphasize very) that though the game against McLean would be over by halftime. In fact, it was close to 50/50 on who would win the game.

If Milford is fully healthy I believe they can make a deep run and even get to Arlington. It appears they aren’t as deep as last season so their key players have to be healthy. Same probably goes for all teams. I will also say in order for Milford to win it all they will have to be more physical than they were last year in the championship game. Had the defensive backs not been so soft and willing to make a legitimate effort to tackle they very well could have won. Anytime a runner for McLean (and not just Crockett) got past the D-line they either scored or ran offa huge run. That has to change for Milford come December.

Back